sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

ive been thinking

I've been thinkin about this what if despags are just acting like they are interested in bradford just to get someone to trade up like say the redskins. Which I think the lions would draft a offensive lineman to protect their investment in qb. So that would leave us with suh or mccoy whoever the bucs didn't get. Just sounds like something they would do seeing as they are saying they would move down in the draft.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: ive been thinking

Perhaps. It's all hearsay at this point in time. I wouldn't pull the trigger. Bradford, Suh and McCoy are the big three in this draft and it stands to reason that they will be selected 1st, 2nd and 3rd overall. I wouldn't want to trade down and be forced to deal with sloppy seconds.

The Redskins probably need an OT more than they do a Quarterback anyway and I personally don't think Detroit will pass on Suh in consideration of their own needs along the DL. I definitely think it's something DeSpags would have considered, but the bottom line is that unless there is a huge difference in Tampa's critique of Suh and McCoy, to the point where they need to jump Detroit to ensure they get ahold of the player they want, I don't think we'll be seeing a trade in the top three.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

I just really am not a fan of bradford I just have a bad feeling about his success in the nfl.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I just really am not a fan of bradford I just have a bad feeling about his success in the nfl.
    You're probably going to have to do a little better than that in order to convince the FO not to draft him at this point!

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

what if washington traded jason campbell to the Rams for a swap of 1st round picks? then if mccoy or suh were on the board they would obviously be snatched up. if not, eric berry could be drafted

msha is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    I'm the same way. I live in Missouri and watch a lot of Big XII football games. When I watch Oklahoma, I feel like any QB could succeed on that offense. His receivers are always wide open that you would have to try to mess up to actually mess up. I want to see him throw to a receiver who is at least partially being covered or something.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by msha View Post
    I'm the same way. I live in Missouri and watch a lot of Big XII football games. When I watch Oklahoma, I feel like any QB could succeed on that offense. His receivers are always wide open that you would have to try to mess up to actually mess up. I want to see him throw to a receiver who is at least partially being covered or something.
    It makes me wonder how Oklahoma is top ranked when Bradford is at the helm, but when he goes down they go unranked at the end of the season...

Could it be that Bradford had a bigger impact than you think? There is a reason guys who devote themselves to studying players, in particular quarterbacks, love Bradford.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Bradford is amazing. I feel like the only reason people are ripping him apart, is because of Suh.

msha is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post
    It makes me wonder how Oklahoma is top ranked when Bradford is at the helm, but when he goes down they go unranked at the end of the season...
    QB play was not the problem for OU this year. Landry Jones put up an average of 262 yards per game, reaching 418 yards in a game against Stanford. He had a 1.86 TD/Int ratio, which is not great, but remember, he is their 2nd string QB. Against better competition, such as Texas, Nebraska, and Miami, he did not play as well. The Sooners had 5 losses last year, all of them were close besides Texas Tech. Four losses were by a combined 12 points. To be honest, Bradford could have won the close games. When I said any QB could succeed on that offense, I was thinking most starting QB on other teams. Also, Bradford wasn't playing great this year before he got hurt, the completion percentage was down, maybe because he didn't have the good receivers he had in the past.

thickandthin is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by msha View Post
    QB play was not the problem for OU this year. Landry Jones put up an average of 262 yards per game, reaching 418 yards in a game against Stanford. He had a 1.86 TD/Int ratio, which is not great, but remember, he is their 2nd string QB. Against better competition, such as Texas, Nebraska, and Miami, he did not play as well. The Sooners had 5 losses last year, all of them were close besides Texas Tech. Four losses were by a combined 12 points. To be honest, Bradford could have won the close games. When I said any QB could succeed on that offense, I was thinking most starting QB on other teams. Also, Bradford wasn't playing great this year before he got hurt, the completion percentage was down, maybe because he didn't have the good receivers he had in the past.
    He only played for like a couple quarters lol

3STL9 is offline Registered User

Jason White had a big impact on the Oklahoma offense................

But then again he had weak knees

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bralidore(RAMMODE) View Post

Could it be that Bradford had a bigger impact than you think? There is a reason guys who devote themselves to studying players, in particular quarterbacks, love Bradford.
    Because the preseason poll consists of "duplicate last season's final poll with one or two minor differences" and once the season starts, you only drop in the rankings if you lose. If you have a weak schedule, it could be awhile before a drop happens.