Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    39thebeast is offline Registered User

Re: Jacob Bell--Bad Signing?

IF he can play at at least 310 he can be affective if not, I think he will be an odball in a line that is trying to get bigger. If Bell can play RT and make Barron a swing tackle with the addition of my man Eugene Monroe, that will be a good o-line. I think we should be bigger and more physical in the interior and quicker on the outside. Bell has played RT before so it shouldn't be to hard.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

As much as I like big uglies on the OL, weight doesn't mean strength and skill. I really want to see fundamentals easily executed in a managable blocking scheme. I don't think there is any reason to believe that Bell can't be effective as a OG with the 320#s around him. And I high doubt he plays OT of any sort unless in an emergency. He may get some practice reps in training camp, but a player to be determined is sure to step into the RT position.
    Semper Fi!

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Richbert88 View Post
    As much as I like big uglies on the OL, weight doesn't mean strength and skill. I really want to see fundamentals easily executed in a managable blocking scheme. I don't think there is any reason to believe that Bell can't be effective as a OG with the 320#s around him. And I high doubt he plays OT of any sort unless in an emergency. He may get some practice reps in training camp, but a player to be determined is sure to step into the RT position.
    I remember being shocked last January when Jim Thomas said Bell was really down to < 280 lbs last year near the end. That's to light. But I agree he doesn't need to be at 300 lbs either. A lot of offensive linemen have been playing in the 290's. It's about playing with the right fundamentals and having the quickness.

richtree is offline Registered User

Hey guys,

Offensive line is about playing together , coaching , and will...

once you have the bodies it takes the right direction to make a good line..

I live 10 minutes from the Meadowlands and saw the Giants have a bad, bad OL for 5 years...

then, new coaching, new attitudes, and some minor adjustments, plus getting rid of shockey + additional of madison Hedge = one of the best lines in the league...

I think with McMichael back and the addition of Karney our Blocking scheme has already improved

Now you add a top center in Brown and things are looking up..

Barring any trading up or down.

I think or OL is improved and Spags must be creative for one year.

WE have Cogs, Bell, Brown, Barron

that = Linebacker round 1

Wr = Round 2

Sure up OL and DT Rounds 3 and 4

We can't worry about a corner now because with a pass rush our nickle and dime corners will look better

So in conclusion this is Bell's year to step up or step out.

jerseyramsfan is online now Registered User

The more I read the comments about Bell I realize just how much we need to draft an OL with the first pick. With the additions at center and fullback we are really strong up the middle. Add a stud up front to the left side and look out. Bell will have to play better. It only makes sense. With such a high pick we need to take advantage and get a building block for the future. Believe me I would love Curry or Crabtree but it just dosen't work with how high we are picking....

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

If I remember correctly I thought Bells weight loss was some sort of mystery. (RAMS and Bell couldn't figure why he had lost the weight.)

Let's face it the guy signs on with the RAMS and is very excited about his new job. BUT......The team is in the middle of a mutiny because of the hatred towards Linehan. The team starts out (0-4) and then Linehan gets canned.
    Jim Haslett steps in and turns the tide for a few weeks but then the team goes back into kamikazee mode. So basically Bell went from a team that was on the rise (TITANS) to a team that was heading in the opposite direction. If winning means anything to Bell, his first season with our RAMS had to be very stressful.

I thought someone had posted an article on Bell after the regular season had ended that reported he was on a weight gaining mission?

To answer the title of this thread. Bell a bad signing? I'm not ready to throw the towel in yet.
    Last edited by laram0; -03-20-2009 at 08:06 AM.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

It wasn't a Bad Signing, But Let This Be The LAST player we Take from Tennessee please!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12