Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Jacob Bell is visiting the Rams today

Either Bell or Jake Scott of Indy are the best two guards left on the market. I like the idea of grabbing Bell. He is listed on NFL.com as 6'4, 295lbs. We cant let him leave St Louis without a contract

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: Jacob Bell is visiting the Rams today

What's interesting about this guy is it sounds like he can swing out to tackle if need be and might even fit better there in a few years. I, for one, think this is a player we need to go after hard.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chiguy View Post
    What's interesting about this guy is it sounds like he can swing out to tackle if need be and might even fit better there in a few years. I, for one, think this is a player we need to go after hard.
    from what i have read he is very versatile, and has played every OL position except C throughout his NFL and college career

i also read from an NFL forum that:
    Bell plays with alot of fire like Incognito, just without all the penalties...................he would be a great signing

He would be an instant starter, he has only given 10 penalties in a 4 year career, that is less then Barron in one year....................Bell is only 26, and has not given up more then a sack and a half each year since his rookie year

please sign him

and unlike Faneca who by the way gave up 6.25 sacks last year, we will not have to empty the bank on him
    now you have to consider that the guy who posted that didnt give a source for his information, however its not a bad post about what Bell would bring to the Rams OL, and i like to think he would instantly slot in at LG

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Hey Devaney, those plane tickets he has in is his pocket? Steal and burn them! Do not let him leave without a contract. This is the exact kind of guy I've been talking about. Younger, on his way up, but on the second tier, where the cost will be much less and he'll be good for the whole of the contract!

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Can we please get this done. Day 3 and we have a kicker, i mean Josh Brown was a great pick up, but you see the ***** making pickups left and right. Can we please make a move to improve our team other than a kicker!

keith m. klink Guest

Everyone settle down now , simma don na k simma don . It looks as though the RAMS have this in control . if we ran right out and grabbed FANECA like everyone wanted when he first hit the market we wouldn't be here now say we have to have BELL .

YES BELL WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING , but let's take our time and get OUR guy's and not just get guy's we want to be our's . and DEVANEY mentioned that they would only look to get 1-2 starters out of FA . BROWN AND BELL wouldn't be a bad start . And don't forget that all important trade rumor about some starter we're getting or whatever.

Ithink bell would be just what the doctor ordered .

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Don't be surprised (or overreactive for that matter) when Bell signs a deal similar to Faneca. He doesn't have quite the name appeal, but I bet his wallet will be very similar in size.

I say this, so that IF the Rams sign him, nobody is caught off guard when the contract comparisons flood in.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Don't be surprised (or overreactive for that matter) when Bell signs a deal similar to Faneca. He doesn't have quite the name appeal, but I bet his wallet will be very similar in size.

I say this, so that IF the Rams sign him, nobody is caught off guard when the contract comparisons flood in.

I agree with Hub. This happens all the time, one player follows another. The big names may get signed first but all they do is lead the rest into similar contracts. Bell's numbers will certainly bring the $$ up and his agent will look at Fanecas contract as something to base his off and will probably use the $$ that the Rams were willing to throw at Faneca to boost that yet again.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    Everyone settle down now , simma don na k simma don . It looks as though the RAMS have this in control . if we ran right out and grabbed FANECA like everyone wanted when he first hit the market we wouldn't be here now say we have to have BELL .

YES BELL WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING , but let's take our time and get OUR guy's and not just get guy's we want to be our's . and DEVANEY mentioned that they would only look to get 1-2 starters out of FA . BROWN AND BELL wouldn't be a bad start . And don't forget that all important trade rumor about some starter we're getting or whatever.

Ithink bell would be just what the doctor ordered .
    I hope we get the contract done before english class. I have an english class thats 3 hours long later tonight, and I hate sitting through it. However, this news would definately keep me happy during it.

I really hope Brown and Bell are the two starters Devaney was talking about. That'll be an instant upgrade from last season. I'm liking this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I really hope Brown and Bell are the two starters Devaney was talking about. That'll be an instant upgrade from last season. I'm liking this.
    I think Josh Brown counts as one...

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I am confident we will get this done. IMO this is the one great position of need we would be better off adding through FA than the draft. Guys don't forget is agent is Drew Rosenhaus he will get him payed close to Fanecca. I know some people will complain about those figures, but I for one will be happy

moklerman is offline Registered User

Overpaying for 2nd tier talent. Rams fans have come to embrace that which they have only known.

General Ram Guest

Any news on him Signing with Us anytime soon?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I think Josh Brown counts as one...
    Are you saying that if Bell is signed that he won't start? I'm convinced that he'll be the starter on this line without a doubt. There will be competition for the starting position like every other team, but I think Bell would exceed over his opponent and take the start. That's just my opinion.

However, I'm starting to worry he will be asking for quite a number of bucks.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by moklerman View Post
    Overpaying for 2nd tier talent. Rams fans have come to embrace that which they have only known.
    If we get him for close to what Faneca signed for, then yes, it's overpaying. If we save a few million per year in cap space, then it's not.

Also, I'd much rather pay for 2nd tier talent today who could become 1st tier, rather than overpay for 1st tier a few years ago talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast