Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney

bigdogg2834 is offline Registered User

Re: Jadeveon Clowney

The question you have to ask yourself is "Did he show a poor work ethic prior to this season?". Stevie Wonder could see what is really going on with him. He just watched his teammate Lattimore shred his knee in his Junior and Senior seasons after being talked about as a 1st round, possibly top 15 pick. He ended up in the 4th round.

punahou is offline Registered User

I cant see taking another defensive end when there are other positions of greater need. Only scenario
    I could envision is if someone wanted to trade up for him, we get a lot in return, and we are still able to get the best WR and solid Olinemen in RD1.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Right now, I don't think the Rams can afford the luxury of using a first round pick on their deepest position (Long, Quinn, Hayes, Sims, Rivers).

I think we'll be looking at OT, CB, S, RB and OG.
    Not so sure RB and OT are going to be the biggest of needs. Stacy had looked the part after two weeks, still need to see a lot more. OT Barksdale has also looked very good. At this point I would start Barksdale the rest of the way to get a good look at him. Saffold will most likely be gone unless he wants to sign a one year prove it deal. He can't stay healthy. OT will be a need but OG will be biigger IMO.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

The Rams aren't very likely to take a DE in the 1st round.
    Seems to me Clowney is just bidding his time because the NFL prohibited him from going into the draft last year. That doesn't bother me. What would bother me is that for game 1 he was over weight and obviously out of shape. Seems to me that might always be a problem. Doesn't mean he's not a top 10 pick because he does seem to be a freak talent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12