Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BernieM

Thread: Jadeveon Clowney, and the Real Trade Option for the Rams

BernieM is offline Registered User

Jadeveon Clowney, and the Real Trade Option for the Rams

Bernie's Bits
    January 17, 2014

As many are aware, I'm not really a draftnik. I don't watch much college football, I never directly scout players, and I have no time during Spring Training and the start of the baseball season to talk to NFL scouts and GMs regarding prospects. Frankly, I find the draft to be a pretty boring and over-hyped event.

So, given all that, you should believe me when I tell you that Jadeveon Clowney is not only the top prospect in this year's draft, he's the best prospect to come along in several years. After all, if someone like me, who has no first hand knowledge regarding any prospect, is aware of Clowney's greatness, the it follows that his greatness is undeniable.

The Rams can't afford to lose out on adding a talent like Clowney to their roster. The simply don't have anybody who measures up to him as a playmaker - particularly from a pass rushing standpoint (and yes, I know that Robert Quinn had a decent year, but you can't count on a fluke like that repeating itself).

Unfortunately, the Houston Texans were unable to win one more game, thereby giving the Rams the first pick in the draft.

No problem. The Rams have a spare first round pick to ensure that they don't lose out on a once-in-generation player.

You may argue that giving up the 2nd and 13th pick for the 1st pick is a bad trade, but its not like there's a widely accepted method of valuing each draft pick from a numerical standpoint so that a trade can be valued. You just have to go with your gut on these things, and its clear that making sure that the Rams get Clowney is the priority, so no amount of compensation is too much.

I'm not the only one who feels this way. My sources tell me that John Shaw, who is clearly still pulling all the strings at Rams park, thinks Clowney is "a heck of a player." That should be proof enough for all you doubters and haters out there.

I'm not concerned with those fans who think that the Rams should go in another direction. They're just trolls, and there is nothing worse than deliberate trolling.

So, its Clowney at all costs.

Its that simple.

--B
    jerseyramsfan likes this.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Jadeveon Clowney, and the Real Trade Option for the Rams

Wow! Bernie you really feel strong about drafting Clowney. I'm a big Clowney fan and think the Texans will have to choose between the 3 top QB's at #1... He's gonna fall right in our laps...

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Jerseyramsfan View Post
    Wow! Bernie you really feel strong about drafting Clowney. I'm a big Clowney fan and think the Texans will have to choose between the 3 top QB's at #1... He's gonna fall right in our laps...
    Pssst ... you are aware that THIS particular "Bernie" is a fictional writer here, yes?

Or maybe you were just following the fake for fun.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You mean that's not the real Bernie Madoff?

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    You mean that's not the real Bernie Madoff?
    Of course not! The real Madoff has a ton of time to put into draft research! What else are you going to do in that 8' x 5'?
    I believe!