throwback week

Thread: Jake Long????

BIG MACK ATTACK Guest

Jake Long????

Hello to all my fellow Ram fans. it was a long season but at least we finished better than Miami, right. This is my 1st post and I was wondering your thoughts. I know a lot of people think a skill player should be picked when we have such a great draft position, but I really think Michigan's left takle Jake Long, who is a stud, would be our best pick. Pace is getting old and Barron and Brown, well too many mistakes. What do you guys think?
    Big Mack Attack

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Jake Long????

pace is still one of the best left tackles in the game period... i think we're gonna go with dorsey with the 2nd pick... for some reason i see miami taking ryan with their first pick

jkramsfan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    pace is still one of the best left tackles in the game period... i think we're gonna go with dorsey with the 2nd pick... for some reason i see miami taking ryan with their first pick
    do you really think that Ryan is a #1 pick ? i have only seen him play twice and thought he was pretty good but not sure if he is a #1 pick QB.we can't be sure about Pace until he comes back and plays ,he has missed alot of games in the last two seasons.

CanadianRamsFan is offline Registered User

I'm a fan of Jake and think he could be a difference maker. Pace is a great LT no question but he has been hurt a lot in the past little while. If it came down to it having both of them play sure would look good on our line.

That said I think any choice that would help our Lines (D & O) would be a good move. What do you guys thing about us trading to get another 1st round pick? That way we could get both longs, i know this is a pipe dream but wouldn't that be something?

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think Miami takes a QB #1 after drafting Beck. They'll give him more time to develop before that. I think Miami has to take Dorsey with their DTs being so old.

smizzhfx Guest

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianRamsFan View Post
    I'm a fan of Jake and think he could be a difference maker. Pace is a great LT no question but he has been hurt a lot in the past little while. If it came down to it having both of them play sure would look good on our line.

That said I think any choice that would help our Lines (D & O) would be a good move. What do you guys thing about us trading to get another 1st round pick? That way we could get both longs, i know this is a pipe dream but wouldn't that be something?
    Not to mention near impossible given both Longs are likely going to be top 5 selections, meaning we would have to trade our 2nd overall pick to another team that has 2 picks in the top 5.

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

("jkramsfan"), Never Under Estimate The Talent Of A Player. Ryan Is A First Rounder And The Best Qb In The Draft, Tim Couch Was On Everyones List For First Pick, Now He's Begging To Be On A Practice Squad, And Don't Don't Get Me Started On Alex Smith.

Mooselini Guest

This has been something that has been getting at me since the last game.

Do we get Chris or Jake Long first? They both have their pro's, both look good. The Phins will most likely end up with Dorsey. However, if they take Chris Long first, we could either get Dorsey or Jake Long.

See, this has been getting at me. I personally think Chris Long is who we truly need, he can come straight out of the draft and straight into the starting D-line.

But seeming how Orlando Pace has missed alot of games, we know through experience that our back up O-Line is trash.