• No, his character concerns are too much

20 52.63%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Janoris Jenkins - would you want this guy at Pick #33 / #39

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Janoris Jenkins - would you want this guy at Pick #33 / #39

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Goes to show what can happen when you take a chance...
    Yes and no.

In this individual case, Jeff Fisher was willing to take a risk that many of us would not have taken. At least so far, it has proven to be a good risk.

That does not, however, answer the question of what level of risk a team should be willing to take. For every Janoris Jenkins, there are probably several players who never reach their potential because of their off-the-field issues.

I trust Jeff Fisher's ability to assess each player individually, which is why I supported the selection of Jenkins when Fisher gave his seal of approval on the move. I feel the same way about Alec Ogletree.

But let's not confuse trust in Fisher with a blanket rule of ignoring off the field issues. There are some players who, despite their on-the-field abilities, should not be taken. The key is separating the guys who learn from their mistakes from the guys who never do and never will.

Trevor is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Yes and no.

In this individual case, Jeff Fisher was willing to take a risk that many of us would not have taken. At least so far, it has proven to be a good risk.

That does not, however, answer the question of what level of risk a team should be willing to take. For every Janoris Jenkins, there are probably several players who never reach their potential because of their off-the-field issues.

I trust Jeff Fisher's ability to assess each player individually, which is why I supported the selection of Jenkins when Fisher gave his seal of approval on the move. I feel the same way about Alec Ogletree.

But let's not confuse trust in Fisher with a blanket rule of ignoring off the field issues. There are some players who, despite their on-the-field abilities, should not be taken. The key is separating the guys who learn from their mistakes from the guys who never do and never will.
    Still doesn't take away the fact that for the first time in a long time, the Rams were willing to take a risk and it pay off. We all know how that worked with Spag and co.

I think the key is really analyzing a persons history and offenses that the player has committed. Janoris Jenkins doesn't strike me as someone who has issues, however, that guy that the Cardinals drafted, does. Jeff Fisher has good judgement.

citr92 is offline Registered User

when a guy like jeff fisher can handle a player with certain off the field issues, worth the risk

you have a coach who can't handle those guys...bad choice

of course, there are guys jeff fisher can't handle (titus young) who need help...badly

mental issues need medical attention if they're more than just stupidity

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    As I've stated before, Marshall Faulk had multiple kids with multiple women.
    'Course, that's different, right?
    Not only is it not different, by the indisputable logic of our resident moral compasses, it's actually a bit more reprehensible, (not my view), based on the fact that as an older, more mature individual, he should have known better.

And if you think the only people that smoke dope are the ones that get caught, (sorry), ...
    ...you're high.

Stick to football. You want your societal views out there, start a blog.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP
    And please tell me you weren't cheering during JJ's ( gotta' love those initials), pick sixes.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

MoStateRam is offline Registered User

Janoris Jenkins - would you want this guy at Pick #33 / #39

Quote Originally Posted by citr92 View Post
    when a guy like jeff fisher can handle a player with certain off the field issues, worth the risk

you have a coach who can't handle those guys...bad choice

of course, there are guys jeff fisher can't handle (titus young) who need help...badly

mental issues need medical attention if they're more than just stupidity
    Guy like Titus Young definitely has mental issues. Hope someone helps him instead of just washing their hands of him.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123