Thread: Jarvis Jones

Barry Waller is offline Registered User

Jarvis Jones

Seems like at the end of the FOOTBALL season, Jarvis Jones was a guy the Rams fans could only DREAM about their team getting in round one.

I saw him a lot, and other than some guy named Clowney, who is anything but, he was the best defensive player I saw all year in college.

Now he is not even on one mock draft for the Rams, dropping in most to Pittsburgh, who picks right after the Rams.

Since Jones is a better fit in a 4-3, why wouldn't he even be on Jeff Fisher and Les Snead's radar, guys who clearly covet pass rushers, and need one from the LB position pretty badly for the Rams defense.

Adding a natural pass rusher like Jones would make all the defensive backs better.

I would not so easily dismiss Jones as a possible Rams pick, if the value is there.

I would not be unhappy in the least if they take this stud of a player.

Barry Waller

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

Re: Jarvis Jones

I saw plenty of film on him and no way is he as un-athletic as he looked at his pro day, he must have just had a bad day

badmoforamfan is offline Registered User

Jarvis Jones

He's a gamer IMO. My son plays baseball and you would think he's the worst ever by watching him at practice, but when he's in a game…he's amazing. I honestly think competition brings the best out of people. Not quite the same thing; going up against a stopwatch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Maybe not now, but soon.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Jones should clearly be our #1 pick if there at 16!!!!

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

I am not the Draftnic that you all are, but I do know this. If the stealers want this guy, I definitely am not going to show a public interest in him. If I did, all the stealers would have to do is move up a couple of spots to pick him before us. How many people (before the draft last year) saw the Jags moving to # 5? But they certainly did.

gap

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Barry Waller View Post
    Since Jones is a better fit in a 4-3, why wouldn't he even be on Jeff Fisher and Les Snead's radar, guys who clearly covet pass rushers, and need one from the LB position pretty badly for the Rams defense.
    This statement surprises me. While it certainly would be great to add an OLB with pass rushing skills, I don't see how this qualifies as a major need area given that the Rams were tied for the league lead in sacks last year.

I would not be unhappy in the least if they take this stud of a player.
    At this point, I don't have Jones on my draft board. While I don't want to over-emphasize 40 times, I just don't see someone who runs a 4.9 as being a good fit as a 3-down OLB in a 4-3. I also am concerned about the spinal stenosis issue, which seems to elicit a wide range of opinions from evaluators.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

On the point of the chronic medical issue, it's quite possible that a GM will look at it and say "we can get a possibly elite pass rusher for 5 years on the cheap and then he won't be able to play, so we don't have to worry about a 2nd contract. But what a five years!"

I don't think the value is there when we have three good pass rushing ends on the line and we need more pass coverage than rushing(as Dunbar can rush the passer) and have so many holes, but anything is possible.
    I believe!

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I don't think the value is there when we have three good pass rushing ends on the line and we need more pass coverage than rushing(as Dunbar can rush the passer) and have so many holes, but anything is possible.
    Are you nuts! Value not there at 16... Did you watch this guy play last year? He's the best defensive player in this draft! If we get the chance to add a play maker like this at 16 you should be ecstatic! It dosen't matter how many pass rushers you think you have. Add this guy and Elam or Vaccaro at 22 and man your gonna have an awesome D!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by jerseyramsfan View Post
    Are you nuts! Value not there at 16... Did you watch this guy play last year? He's the best defensive player in this draft! If we get the chance to add a play maker like this at 16 you should be ecstatic! It dosen't matter how many pass rushers you think you have. Add this guy and Elam or Vaccaro at 22 and man your gonna have an awesome D!
    So you'd go OLB and S in the first round, while waiting for Friday to upgrade the offense?

I'd be surprised if that's how the Rams approach things, but you never know, I guess.