Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

Re: jason campbell and Suh?

I'd rather not get washingtons leftovers, could a team get to the superbowl with an average-above average q? the only recent team that comes to mind is baltimore with dilfer...and the rest of the team was incredible.
    Having a frachise quarter back can hide a lot of your teams deficiencies (Indy has been a very good team with only one constant...Peyton) If spags n devaney think bradford is that guy pick'em up.
    If only we could find away to get suh and bradford...

clarasDK is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Damned Ramz View Post
    I'd rather not get washingtons leftovers, could a team get to the superbowl with an average-above average q? the only recent team that comes to mind is baltimore with dilfer...and the rest of the team was incredible.
    Having a frachise quarter back can hide a lot of your teams deficiencies (Indy has been a very good team with only one constant...Peyton) If spags n devaney think bradford is that guy pick'em up.
    If only we could find away to get suh and bradford...
    The Bucs did it also.

I would be all for going for Campbell if we could get him for a 4.

He, while writing Campbells name a funny though struck me McNabb has for many years been a sponsor for soups made by Campbells So I guess the Redskins good a new chunky flavor now :P
    Last edited by clarasDK; -04-05-2010 at 01:07 PM.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Our QB may not have to be spectacular for us to win and we'd have our starter, a cheaper more experienced but still young guy who has no doubt improved over his constantly changing NFL career may not be a bad idea and of course you get a top DT as well.

That package may be cheaper for the Rams and still address 2 postions with upgrades, instead of all that money into one unproven, questionably fragile guy, although he is very accurate and totally looks the part.
    Cambell CAN play behind a line worse than ours and has PROVED it and to say hes not a WCO QB HAH! the version we run is 1) can the QB take a hit? 2) can the QB hand off? 3) can the QB make shorter throws and read a defense? I think Cambell can do that and more and for a 4rth and/or a 5th yeah, even if we get Bradford who starts? Feely ? Id like to see Cambell and Suh starting my self.

GO RAMS!!!
    Last edited by dave626; -04-05-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Damned Ramz is offline Registered User

If you guys think that cambell can take the rams to the superbowl then why not? a 4th or a 5th round players probablility of making an impact on the rams is slim and your arguemts make perfect sense.
    I think that cambell will undoubtadly improve the rams, but in the end the odds of him getting the rams to win a superbowl are slim to none and will only make the rams good enough to get them a lower draft pick, and subsequently hurt the team's future.
    Thats just me though im kind of a hater on cambell.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I am totally against adding Campbell except for the one reason that AV mentioned...The Redskins have done everything possible to replace Campbell for basically 5 years now and finally succeeded ...The only way i am happy with Jason Campbell is if it means the Rams take Suh #1 overall and get him for much less that a 3rd or 4th rounder...The Skins obviously won't get that for him, as they always make poor personnel decisions....I still want Suh in the first and then take McCoy of best QB available in the 2nd round

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I am really not impressed with Jason Campbell, and I think most Skins fans I've talked to would say the same (but in less polite language). Throwing more TDs than INTs isn't anything special. That's pretty much a minimum requirement to avoid being benched. In his best season to date, Campbell finished 14th in the league in passing yards and 15th in passer rating. I think it's fair to say then that he is average at best.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I don't see the harm in offering Washington our first fifth-round pick for Campbell and seeing if they take it.

But I doubt the Rams will do it if they've essentially made up their mind on Bradford.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12