Thread: Jay Cutler?

stlouis_buddy is offline Registered User

Jay Cutler?

alright after watching "Sports center NFL Draft Special" (they picked jay cutler at # 11) but i think that the rams sould pick jay cutler and then trade marc bulger and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a linebacker or saftey/corner. i know marc bulger is a pro bowler but hes never on the field to show that he is a pro bowler. but i know alot of people do not like Ray Lewis but i do, hes a leader and i think that we(the rams) should pick Cutler and trade Bulger and 2nd or 3rd round pick for Ray Lewis. Hey im 14 so if you don't like it don't flip out but give me some of your thoughts.:clanram:

sbramfan is offline Registered User

Re: Jay Cutler?

There's a lot of Bulger fans on this board, so I don't think you'll get any takers on that....however, I'm one of the few that would be OK with Cutler since I would have to agree that Bulger is out all the time, and a big reason is because of his girlish figure....not just because of the O'line.

He's just not a very big guy and is prone to hurt his shoulder when a 300lb defensive lineman falls on him.

Danish-Rams is offline Registered User

i like bulger and the only reason i would consitter cutler is that bulger is getting old and have some injurys and ray lewis is getting up there too (i thinks he is 4 years older than bulger)and is just coming off an injury. so why gamble on an unprovent qb i think we all know about the draft bust there have been on qb

general counsel is offline Registered User

If you want to trade bulger and let cutler play, are you rebuilding. would you care to discuss the track record of rookie qbs, regardless of their talent level. No matter how you slice it, cutler is a pick for the future. We have an mvp at qb. The rams have many needs. QB is not one of them. trading a cap friendly stud qb like bulger to make room for a rookie starter is insane to say the least.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

stlouis_buddy is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    If you want to trade bulger and let cutler play, are you rebuilding. would you care to discuss the track record of rookie qbs, regardless of their talent level. No matter how you slice it, cutler is a pick for the future. We have an mvp at qb. The rams have many needs. QB is not one of them. trading a cap friendly stud qb like bulger to make room for a rookie starter is insane to say the least.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    thats why we trade for lewis and there goes 1 spot we needed thats filled

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by stlouis_buddy
    alright after watching "Sports center NFL Draft Special" (they picked jay cutler at # 11) but i think that the rams sould pick jay cutler and then trade marc bulger and a 2nd or 3rd round pick for a linebacker or saftey/corner. i know marc bulger is a pro bowler but hes never on the field to show that he is a pro bowler. but i know alot of people do not like Ray Lewis but i do, hes a leader and i think that we(the rams) should pick Cutler and trade Bulger and 2nd or 3rd round pick for Ray Lewis. Hey im 14 so if you don't like it don't flip out but give me some of your thoughts.:clanram:
    I think Linehan would be castrated if he did that, that'd be very insane, no offense, but its just SO far-fetched, thats as bad as the culpepper thing, but atleast we know he's good, we don't know what to expect from Cutler, and there's no way I'm willing to find out.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by stlouis_buddy
    thats why we trade for lewis and there goes 1 spot we needed thats filled
    Trade for Ray Lewis? Are you forgetting we signed Spoon to a seven year deal to be our MLB?

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I don't like trading away a proven qb unless he's well over 30. What you're suggesting would land us a recently injured 31 year old linebacker and a rookie quarterback, leaving only one more first day pick and costing us our star quarterback. Alternatively, we could keep our Pro Bowl quarterback, draft a linebacker to play for us for many years to come, and have two first day picks besides. Ray probably has two or three good years left. Bulger could easily have five or more.

In my evaluation, in the short term it would cripple our offense, in the medium-term it would cost us picks we could have used on defense and require us to address linebacker all over again in the near future, and in the long-term the best we could hope for would be another Pro Bowl QB...but by the time that's likely to have happened Lewis will probably have retired along with Little, Bruce, Faulk, Pace, etc.

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Nicely put GC. Couldn't agree more.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Trade Bulger AND a first day pick for Ray Lewis?

Wow, no thanks. Horrible deal for us, IMO.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Trade Bulger AND a first day pick for Ray Lewis?

Wow, no thanks. Horrible deal for us, IMO.
    Yea I agree. Maybe

Rams trade: 3rd Round pIck

Ravens trade: Ray Lewis

Rams Trade: Marc Bulger
    Buffalo Trades: Takeo Spikes
    RamsFan16

bigredman is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    I'm one of the few that would be OK with Cutler since I would have to agree that Bulger is out all the time, and a big reason is because of his girlish figure....not just because of the O'line.

He's just not a very big guy and is prone to hurt his shoulder when a 300lb defensive lineman falls on him.
    Bulger has a girlish figure? He's out all the time since he's prone to hurt his shoulder just because a 300 pound defensive lineman falls on him?

Was Montana a big guy? I guess big quarterbacks don't get hurt when sacked? The O'line has nothing really to do with it?

Be serious please!!!!!
    Last edited by bigredman; -04-27-2006 at 10:44 PM. Reason: Don't be rude
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    Yea I agree. Maybe

Rams trade: 3rd Round pIck

Ravens trade: Ray Lewis

Rams Trade: Marc Bulger
    Buffalo Trades: Takeo Spikes

Screw trading for Ray, he is old. Id rather keep Spoon in the middle but get some big bodies on the Dline to keep him free.

I would take that trade for Spikes in an instant. He would make the defense absolutely awesome.