Thread: Jay Cutler

DomeFieldAdvantage84 is offline Registered User

Jay Cutler

Everyone now knows Jay Cutler wants out.

What about Bulger and our first (2nd overall) for Cutler and their first (12th overall)

What do you guys think?

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Jay Cutler

like it but seems highly improbable. ironically they got Jay Cutler by swapping first round picks with STL in '06

Varg6 is offline Registered User

I'm not saying that would be a bad move, I wouldn't mind it. But like Tim said, I really doubt that this would happen. The last thing I'd want to see is the trade not working and then Bulger not being thrilled with our rookie Head Coach.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

I don't honestly think we can afford the money we would still have to pay Bulger on the way out and the money we would have to pay Cutler on the way in.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i like Jay Cutler a lot..even moreso with the fact that he is fighting quite a serious illness to carry on playing..but thats also the reason why id pass on him.
    just dont know how long he can keep it up and tho im rooting for the guy to have a great and long career...the odds arent in his favour unfortunately so the business side of the game has to over rule the heart on this one.

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Good Lord no. Dude's got a huge mouth and the Rams have yet to assemble a line that can protect him. I could easily see Tatupu decapitating him next season if he was a Ram. (Perhaps a good thing for humanity's sake, but a bad thing for Rams fans).

And that ignores the ticking diabetes time bomb. And how we really would not be getting value for the #2 overall pick.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

I love the trade to bring Cutler to the Rams cuz he is already familir witht the WCO

However i dont think the Broncos want our #2 pick cuz they dont have money. and Bulger might be too expensive for them

If it happens i expect it like this:

Broncos get:
    Bulger
    Rams #35 pick

Rams get:
    Cutler
    Broncos 48th pick

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    Good Lord no. Dude's got a huge mouth and the Rams have yet to assemble a line that can protect him. I could easily see Tatupu decapitating him next season if he was a Ram. (Perhaps a good thing for humanity's sake, but a bad thing for Rams fans).

And that ignores the ticking diabetes time bomb. And how we really would not be getting value for the #2 overall pick.
    How do we not protect him. Out Center Jason Brown gives our guards better chances of blocking and we will still get an OT in the draft.

Cutler does have value. The guy can pass well and throw it deep.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

How do we not protect him. Out Center Jason Brown gives our guards better chances of blocking and we will still get an OT in the draft.

Cutler does have value. The guy can pass well and throw it deep.
    We don't have that tackle yet. Brown is a nice start, but the line is still incomplete. And we certainly don't match up with the protection Denver's line affords him.

And if we're dealing the #2 pick, we better get one or two mid-to-late rounders in the bargain.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    We don't have that tackle yet. Brown is a nice start, but the line is still incomplete. And we certainly don't match up with the protection Denver's line affords him.

And if we're dealing the #2 pick, we better get one or two mid-to-late rounders in the bargain.
    We have grecco who can play RT and RG and Jason Smith will play LT cuz Pace will be traded. And Becht is a good blocking TE so if we get a DE we cannot contain Becht could do the blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    We have grecco who can play RT and RG and Jason Smith will play LT cuz Pace will be traded. And Becht is a good blocking TE so if we get a DE we cannot contain Becht could do the blocking.
    I did not know Jason Smith was under contract with the Rams. And he sure as heck wouldn't be if we made the O/P's proposed trade.

Until the players are on the roster, we cannot say the line has been fixed. Who knows what will happen in the draft.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Cutler is a talent, but he's also a brooding headcase, a baby and a whiner. No thanks.

jmk321 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Ramblin` Ram View Post
    i like Jay Cutler a lot..even moreso with the fact that he is fighting quite a serious illness to carry on playing..but thats also the reason why id pass on him.
    just dont know how long he can keep it up and tho im rooting for the guy to have a great and long career...the odds arent in his favour unfortunately so the business side of the game has to over rule the heart on this one.
    He has diabetes, not cancer. He just needs to take insulin shots and pay attention to his blood sugar level. It doesn't affect his play at all unless its untreated and having diabetes won't shorten the length of his career.

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

I agree with Mike, decent QB but whiner, heard enough of that from the current Rams these last 2 seasons.