View Poll Results: Is this Mock Draft up to your standards?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

19 82.61%
  • no

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Re: Jbell15's, long awaited, Rams Mock!!!

Sorry, I had to post an extra post I was setting at 666 the sign of the devil.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

I like it, but the one thing I'm worried about is Detroit and the Pats will have 2 shots each at Lauranatis, I have to think Detroit or the Patsies would love to add him, as a starter in Detroit and a replacement for Brushci. If he falls that would be excellent

schut39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    I like it, but the one thing I'm worried about is Detroit and the Pats will have 2 shots each at Lauranatis, I have to think Detroit or the Patsies would love to add him, as a starter in Detroit and a replacement for Brushci. If he falls that would be excellent
    We could always trade up and offer like our early 2nd and 4th for a late first to grab Laurinaitis or any other linebacker that falls a little also.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Detroit does not want an MLB anymore. They just traded for Julian Peterson. So they are out of it. The patriots lost Junior and Vrabel so they need OLB. So i think they reach for CLint Sintim in the 1st. Then they trade the 34th pick to the panthers for peppers. If they dont get the deal done they will need another OLB like Connor Barwin (whats his last name again?) And if the Panthers have this pick they probably get Robert Ayers to replace Peppers.

Quote Originally Posted by schut39 View Post
    We could always trade up and offer like our early 2nd and 4th for a late first to grab Laurinaitis or any other linebacker that falls a little also.
    Honestly i would not trade up for a guy who is losing stock like Laurinaitis because he is dropping for a reason!.

Bar-bq is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

Honestly i would not trade up for a guy who is losing stock like Laurinaitis because he is dropping for a reason!.
    Would you care to enlighten us? What is it?

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

I dont agree with getting secondary help later than the 3rd round. Because what is Lewis going to do? be like a Jonathan Wade and be the 3rd or 4th back-up. We actually have depth in the secondary. If Tye Hill cant play well then we start King and if he is not the solution then we go for a DB next year. So we have a back-up plan for the 2nd CB starter.
    I could be wrong here but wasn't King a 4th round pick himself? So you're saying we could start King (a 4th round pick who hasn't seen any time) but Lewis (a 4th round pick himself) would be a waste and nothing more than a back-up?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

But about the Ramses Barden pick. He is a reach in the early 3rd round.
    I see him as a mid-late 3rd rounder.
    You lost me here.

He's a reach in the early third, but you see him as being a fine selection ten picks later in the mid third? I don't get that at all. I appreciate that you listed some of his weaknesses, though simply having them doesn't specifically support how he's a reach for us in the third.

What I would suggest is that you consider how closely graded guys in that area are. In the first round, a guy ranked 5th and a guy ranked 15th might have a sizable difference in grade. In the third round, a guy ranked 65th and a guy ranked 75th aren't going to have such a gap in grade IMO. At that point, closely graded prospects are quite a bit more interchangeable.

You also said there will be better, more NFL ready receivers available at that pick; I'm honestly not sure who. When our third round pick comes around, I think Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, Harvin, Nicks, Britt, and Robiskie are all gone. Unless Juaquin Inglesias slips there, then I think Barden is the best of the remaining receivers. If I'm looking for a receiver with some size, I'm not going to pass on Barden in the third to take Derrick Williams, Mike Thomas, Louis Murphy, etc.

Detroit does not want an MLB anymore. They just traded for Julian Peterson. So they are out of it.
    That's a rather sure statement, though there doesn't seem to be any indication that Peterson was traded to Detroit specifically to become the starting MLB. He played on the strong side for Seattle and is probably going to play there in Detroit. Meaning there's still a hole at MLB, which could be filled by Detroit with Laurinaitis at the top of the second round. You might not want to speak so definitively on a situation that's far from definitive.

You were fine with it two weeks ago when you included such a deal in one of your mocks. Has so much changed since then that now you're not in favor of it?

jbell15 is offline Registered User

"Detroit does not want an MLB anymore. They just traded for Julian Peterson. So they are out of it" -Barronwade

Actually, they brought in Peterson to play strongside, they are looking for a MLB to play inside of Peterson and sims. A top pick is not warranted, imo, those two are pretty good.
    I saw lauranaitis to the rams because they may not go mlb with 33 and i had the pats in the first getting maualuga, in my 1st round mock.
    It is realistic, i think, that he will be there at 35. It is also realistic that we have to move up ahead of deroit to get him, or over N.E if they don't go MLB in round one.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You lost me here.

He's a reach in the early third, but you see him as being a fine selection ten picks later in the mid third? I don't get that at all. I appreciate that you listed some of his weaknesses, though simply having them doesn't specifically support how he's a reach for us in the third.

What I would suggest is that you consider how closely graded guys in that area are. In the first round, a guy ranked 5th and a guy ranked 15th might have a sizable difference in grade. In the third round, a guy ranked 65th and a guy ranked 75th aren't going to have such a gap in grade IMO. At that point, closely graded prospects are quite a bit more interchangeable.

You also said there will be better, more NFL ready receivers available at that pick; I'm honestly not sure who. When our third round pick comes around, I think Crabtree, Maclin, DHB, Harvin, Nicks, Britt, and Robiskie are all gone. Unless Juaquin Inglesias slips there, then I think Barden is the best of the remaining receivers. If I'm looking for a receiver with some size, I'm not going to pass on Barden in the third to take Derrick Williams, Mike Thomas, Louis Murphy, etc.
    maybe i was wrong on Ramses Barden being a reach in the early 3rd but i just dont want him. There isn't enough film on him and since he came from a school like Cal Poly he just did not play against great competition so you never know how he will transition to the NFL. I know TO did it but that does not mean Barden will do it. I just dont want another Drew BEnnet. Cuz remember Barden cannot get the seperation and his concentration and hands are pretty inconsistant.

Why wouldn't you pass on Barden for Louis Murphy? Murphy was playing 2nd fiddle to Percy Harvin so he has been overshadowed. But Murphy can run routes well and get seperation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    You were fine with it two weeks ago when you included such a deal in one of your mocks. Has so much changed since then that now you're not in favor of it?
    Well i posted that mock draft about 3-4 weeks ago before his pro day. Many people anticipated him to rebound in his pro-day and be taken by the Patriots. That is why i did want to trade up before. Now he is losing stock and he might be there in the 2nd round for us.

Also if Peterson is not going to be there MLB then shouldn't they just take Aarron Curry in the 1st? They just restructured Culpepper's contract so he can start week 1. Then they can just wait till pick 20 and take Freeman and develop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    I could be wrong here but wasn't King a 4th round pick himself? So you're saying we could start King (a 4th round pick who hasn't seen any time) but Lewis (a 4th round pick himself) would be a waste and nothing more than a back-up?
    Read what i wrote over again. What i said was Lewis will come to the team as depth to begin with. And If Tye Hill fails to reach his potential next year then King would be a temporary fix toward the end of the season so we can take a DB in next years draft.

I think we have enough depth at CB. The people we have are all young and King just needs seasoning to become that nickel bakc.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by A-Web View Post
    On that, even if I don't think we'll go offensive lineman with the first pick, because of some recent Free Agency grabs (see Daren Heerspink, and reclaiming Adam Goldberg, I feel that Aaron Curry will be the #1. Other than that, I like the prowess you have about taking care of business needs. I think if Rhett Bomar was there for the QB pick that I would prefer him, but that's apples and oranges at this point.
    I don't think the signing of Heerspink and the re-signing of Goldberg rule out taking a tackle with the 2nd overall pick. We still don't have a starting LT on the roster, and both those guys are depth at best.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

There isn't enough film on him
    He started 43 games at Cal Poly; how much more film do you think is needed?

Do you think there's enough film on Michael Crabtree? He only played 26 games at Texas Tech...

and since he came from a school like Cal Poly he just did not play against great competition so you never know how he will transition to the NFL.
    That's a fair point, but again that's probably one of the reasons he's viewed as a third rounder. Still, there are plenty of examples of small school receivers or guys who aren't highly regarded coming into the NFL and succeeding.

Cuz remember Barden cannot get the seperation and his concentration and hands are pretty inconsistant.
    How well he can consistently get separation at the next level is a concern, but I don't see how someone can definitively say he cannot get separation when he's certainly shown the ability to separate in his career. His 4,000+ yards and 50 touchdowns suggests he can. His yards per catch average is the highest career number for a player in the FBS for over ten years.

I don't think separation will be a huge issue if he comes under the guidance of a receivers coach that can help him run sharper routes with more precise cuts. Guys like Barden who don't have elite timed speed gain separation through their route running, and that's something that can hopefully be taught and improved upon at the next level.

The fact that he's so tall with great leaping ability and long arms with huge hands suggests to me that, even if he doesn't get great separation, he's physical and big enough to win jump ball situations with smaller corners.

Why wouldn't you pass on Barden for Louis Murphy? Murphy was playing 2nd fiddle to Percy Harvin so he has been overshadowed. But Murphy can run routes well and get seperation.
    Name the last receiver out of Florida that's become a star on the NFL level. I think the best you can come up with is Darrell Jackson. Florida receivers simply don't have any kind of history when it comes to translating their top college talent and production to top NFL talent and production.

Murphy strikes me as yet another in a line of Florida receivers who will probably be okay at best but never be anything special. He has some height to him but his weight is a concern for me, and I don't think he backs up his size with the kind of strength you want to see. I don't view him as being as polished as you make him sound.

If I'm looking for a receiver with some size, I'll take Barden over Murphy in the third.

Also if Peterson is not going to be there MLB then shouldn't they just take Aarron Curry in the 1st? They just restructured Culpepper's contract so he can start week 1. Then they can just wait till pick 20 and take Freeman and develop him.
    They could take Curry first, or they might be able to take Maualuga 20th, or they might be able to get Laurinaitis with their second round pick. They have plenty of options for addressing the MLB position with their first three picks if they want, and Laurinaitis is a possibility because Peterson is likely a strong side - not middle - linebacker for them.

jbell15 is offline Registered User

You mentioned him not being able to gain separation
    The Reason of drafting a guy like Barden is not to get a burner who can gain separation it is to draft a HUGE red zone target who runs in the low 4.5's

This may be on purpose, Barronwade, but to make your point against a player, you state their weaknesses like they automatically discounts them.
    haha I'm not sure if you even notice it, but its a good tactic that makes you seem completely right until you think about it
    for example, i would say we should trade for santana moss.
    You would say, "No,No,No he can't catch the jump ball over most corners, and he has inconsistent hands"
    i would think to myself "oh yeah, maybe we don't want him"
    the i would think " wait, of course those are his negatives, but we would trade for him because he can run past anybody and he is a great route runner"
    it's just a little note i thought i would add to this discussion haha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12