RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Jenkins Could Land In Denver

By Bill Williamson
    Denver Post Broncos, NFL Beat Reporter

Real possibility
    Keep an eye on Carolina's Kris Jenkins in the days leading up to the draft. The Panthers are shopping him and the Broncos have a need for a big defensive tackle. Jenkins fits the bill, tipping the scale at 340 pounds.
    St. Louis also is interested in Jenkins, who may be cut if he isn't traded.

Hall available?
    Profootballtalk.com reported last week that the Chiefs are shopping return man Dante Hall. Yes, I know what you are thinking. Denver would have to be interested.
    The Broncos have been craving a premier return man. But Hall is 28, his statistics are sliding and he may have only a year or two left. It would be a stretch for the Chiefs to trade Hall to the Broncos, but Denver would have to consider the idea. The Broncos will look at returners in the draft.

timsum1283 is offline Registered User

Re: Jenkins Could Land In Denver

is it me or has Denver been shopping for D-Linemen for the past 5 years even though they actually get pretty solid production from them?

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

I wouldn't go so far as to make the headline "Jenkins could land in Denver." There's nothing to the story... it's just one Denver writer stating the brutally obvious.

Of course Jenkins could go to Denver... hell, Jenkins could go to Oakland, Minnesota, the Phillies outfield.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

It makes me start to wonder, if we really did want this guy (and he's such an amazing player), wouldn't we have already gotten a trade done? Don't get me wrong, he'd be an upgrade over what we got, and I'd love to have that, but it just seems like we're backing off, and perhaps for a good reason?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    It makes me start to wonder, if we really did want this guy (and he's such an amazing player), wouldn't we have already gotten a trade done? Don't get me wrong, he'd be an upgrade over what we got, and I'd love to have that, but it just seems like we're backing off, and perhaps for a good reason?
    I get the feeling we're waiting for the price to come down. Obviously we don't want to overspend, which is what we'd be doing if we were anxious and pushing for a deal to get done now.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I get the feeling we're waiting for the price to come down. Obviously we don't want to overspend, which is what we'd be doing if we were anxious and pushing for a deal to get done now.
    Hopefully the price comes down soon before it is too late and he's traded elsewhere...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

jkramsfan is offline Registered User

just for conversation sake, what is overspending at this point, if he comes in and gets hurt 3 games in then anything is overspending,but if he comes in here after having a pro bowl season and has another pro bowl season and makes the defense better to the point that we have a legit shot in the playoffs,then whats overspending ?i agree with everyone, don't break the bank,just looking for a few viewpoints.

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Judging by the uselessness of last years 3rd round picks (to date) I won't be heartbroken if we can get him for a 3rd and a player.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

It is possible that the Rams are not that high on Jenkins -- we just don't know and realistically cannot expect the Rams to tip their hand. It seems all the teams involved (Rams, Denver, etc. and Panthers) feel better served by waiting for the draft. If Okoye and Branch go in the top 12, Carolina will have more leverage which is undoubtedly what they are hoping for. The Rams likely are on the other side of the fence and the possibility exists that Branch could fall, but if he does we still could pass ... If Branch is still sitting there when the 13th pick rolls around, we could dial up the Panthers and make a final offer. Heck we could even trade down with Denver you just never know. Carolina doesn't know what we really think of Branch, and for that matter, Jenkins as well. As Nick has mentioned repeatedly -- the Rams do not want to overpay. Whatever behind the scenes value the Rams have placed on Jenkins, we probably are not going to find out until April 28th ...

keith m. klink Guest

yes , that is true about overpaying, and NICK makes a good point on past threads of what the value is , everyone who wants him is saying, a 3rd rd pick. but when it comes time to pull the trigger on the trade , it could go bidding war , or something i doubt that caralina wants is lost interest , the teams sticking with the draft , and caralina stuck . so it is a poker game and who bluffs best , and who folds first i would say . also i think that the rams know that there is still some quality DT's in the 2nd and 3rd rounds , and even later that might fit what they need .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Hopefully the price comes down soon before it is too late and he's traded elsewhere...
    I suspect the Panthers would give other interested teams the chance to match any higher offer they get. After all, Carolina is interested in getting the best deal possible, which means taking the proposal to other teams to see if they can't do better before accepting. If the Rams miss out on Jenkins, it will likely because we didn't feel the final compensation was justifiable and were very likely given a chance to either offer more or decline.

Country is offline Registered User

I am worried about the Broncos getting involved they are very aggressive when it comes to making trades.