Country is offline Registered User

The Jenkins Draft Plan

The Jenkins Draft

The St. Louis Rams trade 2[52] to the Carolina Panthers for DT Kris Jenkins.

The St. Louis Rams trade 3[84] and 3[2008] to the Dallas for 2[55].

1[13] S Reggie Nelson* [Florida]

It appears that the Rams are going to a Colts style of defense where they are going to score a lot and force teams to come from behind by passing. At this point the Rams do not have any impact players at the safety position Chavous is on his way down and out and Otogwe had a very up and down season in 2006.Nelson is an elite playmaker with good but not great size [6 198lbs.] and an ability to make plays in both the passing game and run game.

2[55] DE Quentin Moses [Georgia]

The Rams get aggressive to move back into the 2nd round and go after Moses who has the pass rush potential the team needs. Moses has fallen from a top ten talent before the year into the 2nd round. I think that Moses wilted under the pressure and could return to form in a reduced role.

4. OG Mansfield Wrotto [Georgia Tech]

A developmental OG with great size [63 320lbs.] and potential to develop into a starter with a year or two of seasoning.

5. LB KaMicheal Hall [Georgia Tech]

Hall is slightly undersized for a SLB, but he runs and tackles well and should contribute on special teams.

6. RB Garrett Wolfe [Northern Illinios]

Skat back and kick returner.

7. Forfeited for P Donnie Jones

7. DT Stanley Doughty [South Carolina]

A squat NT prospect that has serious work ethic concerns but he will get a chance on the practice squad.

7. C Kyle Cook [Michigan St.]

A hard nosed C that can be developed behind Romberg.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Re: The Jenkins Draft Plan

Country you are really flying that safety banner high. Why don't you want a front 7 man?

Country is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Country you are really flying that safety banner high. Why don't you want a front 7 man?
    If we trade for Jenkins than drafting a front seven guy is not as inmportant, because the player will not start.

I think that Nelson comes in and starts game 1 because he is physically more gifted than Chavous and Otogwe.

The great NFL teams have impact players at the S position.

general counsel is offline Registered User

why dont you think that jamaal anderson wouldnt start? Who do we have thats better than him? Hall is injured and 30 years old. I think he was a nice pickup for the price, but i am not betting on him and he certainly isnt a long term answer. Victor is a run stopper at best.

As for nelson, isnt he a free safety, which is the same thing as oj. I dont love oj either, but i dont see how you can put oj and nelson on the field at the same time and expect any legitimate run support from the safety spot. Also, i think that the incremental upgrade from chaevous to nelson is nowhere near as big as the upgrade from victor/hall to anderson.

I think if you are going to take a guy in the secondary at 13, you take reevis.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

I would go 1st Anderson and Tank in the second.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I would go 1st Anderson and Tank in the second.
    I would love it if the Rams end up with Tank Tyler, but I don't see any way he will still be around when the Rams pick in round two ... Do you really think he'll last that long ??