BarronWade is offline Registered User

Jermaine Gresham's draft stock? the next Tony G?

Jermaine Greshan is an extremely good receiving TE. A huge red-zone threat. Can line up at slot receiver. good size (6-6 260). Can get YAC. quick 4 a TE.

But he never played this year because he suffered a torn ACL.

Will he last till the 2nd because of of his injury risk?

How important is a TE of his caliber to the franchise QB we will probably bring in (sorry to those who have a man crush on SUH)?

Do you think he can be the next Tony G?

GolfnRAMFAN is offline Registered User

Re: Jermaine Gresham's draft stock? the next Tony G?

You beat me to it, I was driving through Kansas today and thought about Gresham and was going to start a thread about him.

Anyways, I was curious about where he would end up in the draft, because last year he was rumored to be a top 10-15 pick until he decided to stay. But with his injury, I wonder where he would end up. I think no matter how he runs, lifts at the combine, if he is on the board when we pick in the second, we need to seriously consider him.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

I dont really know the situation with him, but with the information from this thread it sounds like he might slip to the 3rd or 4th. Remember Dennis Dixon, suffered a torn acl and slipped to the 5th round even though he was a heisman candidate. Sound like a solid choice though, we need a really good TE moving forward.

I still think we take suh in the first round though :P

RockinRam is offline Registered User

If Gresham is there in the second, I say we grab him. If we do that, we do not need to get another receiver.

Gresham would complete our passing attack, as he would give us a high-caliber player at the TE spot, freeing some coverage from Fells, Bajema, and our young receivers.

I think right now, a solid TE is more important than a #1 WR. We have 3 guys right now that could potentially be good number 1 receivers.

Avery
    Gibson
    Robinson

If none of them progress to become number 1 receivers next year, we can always look to the 2011 draft to get one.

Ex. A.J Green, Julio Jones, Michael Floyd.

shower beers is offline Registered User

While Daniel Fells is progressing nicely, he's clearly not the long term answer in St. Louis. We need a permanent solution.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

If Gresham falls to the second round he is a steal. He is a beastly TE, one of the bettter recieving TE's to come out in a while. He even is a dominant blocker. His Sophmore year he had 959 yds and 10 TDs. With his 6-6 260 pound frame he is dangerous over the middle and especially dangerous in the redzone. We have some talent on the outside at WR having a guy like Gresham would really help our wideouts and our QB.

In an ideal scenario we could get a DT in this stacked FA classs, grab our franchise QB in the first and Gresham in the 2nd

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    If Gresham falls to the second round he is a steal. He is a beastly TE, one of the bettter recieving TE's to come out in a while. He even is a dominant blocker. His Sophmore year he had 959 yds and 10 TDs. With his 6-6 260 pound frame he is dangerous over the middle and especially dangerous in the redzone. We have some talent on the outside at WR having a guy like Gresham would really help our wideouts and our QB.

In an ideal scenario we could get a DT in this stacked FA classs, grab our franchise QB in the first and Gresham in the 2nd
    That sounds like an amazing plan to me. Would give our rookie QB more talent to work with, so it would be easier for him to "transition" more easily, and produce better.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

id take JG over any wideout in this draft...like already said if he fell to us in the early 2nd round pick he would be a steal..of Laurinaitis preportions..

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

We could definitely use an upgrade at tight end. The key for Gresham is going to be when he's healthy and able to work out. If he shows this offseason that there are no long lasting effects of his injury, he should be in the mix for teams in the first round. If he's there in the second, he should certainly be a consideration for this team.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post

i already talked to beastly about this this whole thread was going to lead to a mock draft with this scenario.

But we can just imagine getting our Franchise QB. Action Jackson getting his nice runs opening up the passing game and we have an inside threat with Gresham. A sure handed Brandon Gibson. A consistant Danny boy. A deep threat in Donnie Avery.

Wow that seems like we have more options than the saints. Wow we can only imagine.