Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Weddle is offline Registered User

Jets want Bulger??

The New York Times blog has a comment that the Jets would want Bulger if he was available!??

Personally I can't see it! makes no sense cap wise for us (would cost $10m-ish) and then what? Matt Stafford (if Detroit takes Monroe!?)

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jets want Bulger??

I would say the chance of that is about 0.00000000001%.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

My sources tell me that, if available, the Rams want Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Patrick Willis and Ed Reed.

Only one problem...

They're not availabe.

Just bringing it to the attention of the community, that's all.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    My sources tell me that, if available, the Rams want Peyton Manning, Adrian Peterson, Larry Fitzgerald, Andre Johnson, Mario Williams, Patrick Willis and Ed Reed.

Only one problem...

They're not availabe.
    Did you say Larry Fitzgerald was available... LOL

Us getting that lot would coincide PERFECTLY with the uncapped year. Awesome.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I heard that some of the players on the Jets wants Chad back.
    :ramlogo:

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Only one problem...

They're not availabe.

Say what you mean, AV. You're holding back!''

Go Rams!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Only one problem...

They're not availabe.
    WOW, I apperantly didn't realize how good Bulger really is. Those are some great names that "if available" people would want. <snort>
    Semper Fi!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

The Bulger thing seems a little silly but Favre's retirement does raise some interesting questions.

Are The Jets serious about going with the QBs already on the roster? Cassel? Some other more proven QB trade/FA?

Does the Favre retirement make it possible that they would want to trade up for a QB in Rd 1? Freeman might still be there at #17 but...

I know they are in a bad cap situation but I think Favre was due $13 mill in '09. I believe they're stuck with paying the bonus money but that's still gonna be a fair chunk of change saved.

How would our draft prospects change at #17?

Mooselini is offline Registered User

They give us their ENTIRE draft for the next three seasons they can have him. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    The Bulger thing seems a little silly but Favre's retirement does raise some interesting questions.

Are The Jets serious about going with the QBs already on the roster? Cassel? Some other more proven QB trade/FA?

Does the Favre retirement make it possible that they would want to trade up for a QB in Rd 1? Freeman might still be there at #17 but...

I know they are in a bad cap situation but I think Favre was due $13 mill in '09. I believe they're stuck with paying the bonus money but that's still gonna be a fair chunk of change saved.

How would our draft prospects change at #17?
    The Jets are off the hook for the money Favre was scheduled to count against the cap since he retired. That's $13 million in cap room all of a sudden.

Still, it's very, very unlikely IMO that they trade up from 17 to 2. The compensation would be huge for a move that big, and it may not even be necessary if Sanchez slips (Stafford may as well, you never know).

For instance, I'm working on a new mock draft, and Sanchez is not in my top ten.

djdeeznutz Guest

Listen I live in New Jersey. So i am kind of considered a New York sports guy. Somthing i know is New York fans overreact.

I am a yankee fan and personally i want the yankees to trade our whole prospects to get the best players.

My friend is a Jet fan and he said that he would trade basically the Jets whole draft to get the Rams 2nd pick and take Crabtree

NEW YORK FANS ARE SPOILED AND WE WANT EVERYONE BUT WE DONT GET IT. New York sports writers overreact and inquire just about everything.

Let me give non New York sports people an example:

This whole Torry Holt trade or cut thing. If this were in New York it would be all over the news. The New York post will have 3 weeks of the same question where will holt end up.

Similar situation to Bulger's:

The Rams probably want James Butler to be SS. If it were in New York they would have an entire biography on him like they did with Kris Jenkins last year (4 days of the same article ("Jets close to landing Jenkins"

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Mooselini
    I like your thinking how about 2 years of draft picks or even one year of draft picks.
    A another teams entire draft would sure be nice. If you could get 7 starters out of those 14 picks it would be worth it. Then you can pick up one of those freeagents B. leftwhich, J.P. lossman and others.
    That would sure change how long the rebuilding would take. Thats if Rams new F.O. can pick good players.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Nick, why quibble over a couple $ mill (LOL), but I've read several sources who indicated that BF was guaranteed his bonus money regardless of retirement. Dunno how much it was or whether it was all paid in '08 or was contingent upon showing up for '09. Still, it may knock a bit off that $13 mill figure in cap savings.

Sanchez out of the top ten? What have you heard about teams like KC, The Whiners, and possibly The Hags, who may be in the QB draft market that makes you say that?

Of course no team weak enough to be picking in the top ten has just one need but Thigpen,Hill,and Wallace are hardly sure bets to start, are they?

Or is it something about Sanchez himself ? Leinart-a-phobia?

I agree that any trade down for us is unlikely but, just for the sake of discussion, it would weaken my currently strong conviction about going OT. I think the situation is still too confused & fluid to name names but DT,DE,LB, WR, and CB would be vying for consideration at #17 in my mind. Maybe even a RB to solidify the running game.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast