Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Optimistic Lamb is offline Registered User

Re: Jimmy Clausen the best NFL-ready junior quarterback in league history

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Add a pretty high "degree of hardship' factor for a junior with a porous O-line, no run game,lousy D, and torn toe ligaments & I think there's a good chance this kid is a legit top ten prospect at the next level in terms of physical talent, smarts, and competitive toughness.
    Poor jimmy clausen stubbed his toe and only had golden tate, michael floyd, and kyle rudolph to throw too.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-08-2010 at 08:19 PM.

Azul e Oro is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post
    Poor jimmy clausen stubbed his toe and only had golden tate, michael floyd, and kyle rudolph to throw too.
    Stubbed his toe,huh? Same injury that sidelined Leonard Little a while back. Love to be a fly on the wall when you mock him for sitting out a bunch of games because of it. I'll bring the mint jelly; Optimistic Lamb chops for dinner....LOL...

Never said Clausen didn't have good WRs but it's always a chicken/egg argument to say a QB would be no damn good but for the guys who catch his passes.I guess Warner was no good, either, cuz he worked with Holt/Bruce.

I'm not saying the guy is worthy of the #1 over one of the DTs or even Bradford. I don't even pretend to have the expertise to make that judgment. But, to paraphrase Bogart, if The Hags draft him , we're gonna regret it. Maybe not now but soon & for the rest of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Stubbed his toe,huh? Same injury that sidelined Leonard Little a while back. Love to be a fly on the wall when you mock him for sitting out a bunch of games because of it. I'll bring the mint jelly; Optimistic Lamb chops for dinner....LOL...

I'm not saying the guy is worthy of the #1 over one of the DTs or even Bradford. I don't even pretend to have the expertise to make that judgment. But, to paraphrase Bogart, if The Hags draft him , we're gonna regret it. Maybe not now but soon & for the rest of his career.

LOL...okay... okay

Nah I think Jimmy Clausen is the best Qb in this draft. But i still dont want him. Forget about the attitude concerns for clausen. Ask yourself, can the rams protect a Qb? We went through 3 Qb's last season. Clausen will end up much the same way, on his back.

Thus I am a Suh advocate driving the bandwagon. The next best thing to touchdowns is sacks. Lots and lots of sacks. Will Clausen do well under the right circumstances? Yes, so will Bradford. But teams like the Browns, Raiders, and Rams aren't prepared to take on a legit QB. And rookies become busts.

Now a 2nd round prospect who might be able to rotate in for a season and learn slowly sounds like a better option. Doesnt run the same risk, but has huge upside. Clot McCoy will be there and most likely Tim Tebow. Tebow has everything you want aside from mechanics. If he can show enough progress, he could be a viable option at #33.
    Last edited by The Optimistic Lamb; -03-09-2010 at 12:51 PM.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by The Optimistic Lamb View Post

LOL...okay... okay

Nah I think Jimmy Clausen is the best Qb in this draft. But i still dont want him. Forget about the attitude concerns for clausen. Ask yourself, can the rams protect a Qb? We went through 3 Qb's last season. Clausen will end up much the same way, on his back.

Thus I am a Suh advocate driving the bandwagon. The next best thing to touchdowns is sacks. Lots and lots of sacks. Will Clausen do well under the right circumstances? Yes, so will Bradford. But teams like the Browns, Raiders, and Rams aren't prepared to take on a legit QB. And rookies become busts.

Now a 2nd round prospect who might be able to rotate in for a season and learn slowly sounds like a better option. Doesnt run the same risk, but has huge upside. Clot McCoy will be there and most likely Tim Tebow. Tebow has everything you want aside from mechanics. If he can show some progress, he could be a viable option at #33.

To go along with your point. When drafting a first round QB, especially the first pick in the draft, there will be incredible pressure to play him, once the inevitable losses start to pile up. This could either be a blessing in disguise, or a tremendous failure.

Quote Originally Posted by shower beers View Post
    To go along with your point. When drafting a first round QB, especially the first pick in the draft, there will be incredible pressure to play him, once the inevitable losses start to pile up. This could either be a blessing in disguise, or a tremendous failure.
    I'm not saying Clausen or Bradford will be bad Qb's. Just that in our cuurent situation they will be, haha.

First Call Roger is offline Registered User

I interviewed Jimmy Clausen on Friday - he seemed to be a genuinely nice guy. I think he would be a terrific QB for the Rams - engineered four come from behind victories in 2009, and he pointed out in the interview the amount of pain he played with in his toe. He said USC was likely his biggest rival since he is from California. Went to Rams games as a kid with his parents. Thanks - Roger First Call KFNS Radio St. Louis

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12