Rampage39 Guest

Thumbs down Jimmy Williams Pro Day

Nfl.com doesn't list v-tech's pro day so i went to the falcons board (many hokie fans there), and found this post. Still trying to find confirmation on it though. If true, then I hope we consider Jimmy at #11.

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/ind...owtopic=148727

(Posted by FightinGobbler) Good news bad news guys.

Jimmy Williams "blew away" the scouts. Word is he ran a 4.37 and that's in the field house (i.e. on turf) not on a track, where VT tends to run its official 40's for strength and conditioning records. Speculation is he may have worked himself into the top 10. I doubt he is there at 15 when we pick

tomahawk247 is online now Registered User

Re: Jimmy Williams Pro Day

He might be worth a look then, although i would like a huge dominant NT, but we might be able to pick one up in later rounds for once

rampete Guest

hard to explain...his pro day was three days ago on thursday...

you'd think his agent or his big mouth would get the news out of this achievement asap to the public...

RamsFan16 Guest

Ye if he is there at #11 he is probrably our pick. I love it!

Black Hills Ramman Guest

I have to agree that Williams has the talent, but his attitude worries me. TO, Moss etc. all lots of talent, make great addtions athletically to their teams and then eat up what they add with their clubhouse disruption.
    I would much rather see the Rams get a top notch talent who has the intelligence and attitude to go along with it. ala Faulk, A. Williams, Payton, B. Sanders etc.

Tony Soprano Guest

I'm not a fan of taking Williams. Most think he'll be a better safety than corner and the BETTER safety is Huff. Huff worked out at the combine and was tested over and over and didn't dodge anything.

IF Williams does play corner, this year will be a learning experience. He's not polished at that position and there's much question as to whether he can pull it off at the PRO level. However, he's expected to be a fine safety. The consensus is that HUFF is the better PRO prospect of the two.

mikeanator11 Guest

Yeah, but the chances of us getting Huff are low. Williams would be a good pick because we need a guy with height to go up against Bolden and Fitzgerald. I would rather take Huff but Jimmy seems more realistic and still a good player.

Bruce=GOAT is offline Registered User

I totally give props to the AZ cards but isn't it a strange thing that the cardinals are legitimately a high powered team? The NFC West is no longer the laughingstock of the league and should be formidable this season.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    I'm not a fan of taking Williams. Most think he'll be a better safety than corner and the BETTER safety is Huff. Huff worked out at the combine and was tested over and over and didn't dodge anything.

IF Williams does play corner, this year will be a learning experience. He's not polished at that position and there's much question as to whether he can pull it off at the PRO level. However, he's expected to be a fine safety. The consensus is that HUFF is the better PRO prospect of the two.

I'd take Williams in a heartbeat, give him a helmet and some pads and tell him fly around and smack some people. And I'd tell him to do it from the CORNER position.

Move him to safety? No thanks....................

A guy that big and fast at corner would be a great addition to our D. Run support, downfield hitting, blitzing and pass coverage would all benefit.If you add him to Bartell at the other corner who's also a big boy that can run and you have a problem for opposing O's.

I just don't accept that our current corners are all that great and I include Brown in that statement (maybe a little unfairly as I haven't seen him). I also think that Atogwe showed up towards the end of last season and this fact, with the addition of Chavous, means it's not imperative that we trade up for Huff.

I'd like Huff but I think that Williams has serious talent and is worthy of #11.

And whichever one of these talented gentlemen ends up being our pick (if indeed it's either of them) I guarantee next year will be a learning experience for both of them.