throwback week

View Poll Results: If Joe Haden does begin to slide would you want the Rams to offer their 2011 first?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

8 18.60%
  • No

35 81.40%

Thread: Joe Haden

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Joe Haden

Per Rotoworld:

Florida CB Joe Haden ran unofficial times of 4.60 and 4.57 in the forty-yard dash at the NFL Combine Tuesday.
    It isn't like Haden is suddenly a worse player, but these are perhaps the most disappointing forty times of the week. Haden was billed as mid-4.3s speedster, and may now be in for a draft-day slide. For comparison, Malcolm Jenkins entered the 2009 Combine as the consensus top corner and a top-ten prospect. He ran a 4.53 -- better than Haden -- and lasted until No. 14.
    Hypothetically speaking, if he does begin to slide to say pick No. 15 or so..would you be inclined to see the Rams offer up their 2011 first round pick, and there 3rd round pick this year? Joe Haden is an absolute beast and is being compared to Darelle Revis. What do you think

Bralidore(RAMMODE) Guest

Re: Joe Haden

nope...we need our picks and we're fairly solid at corner, im more inclined to get some late round talent at that position like what we did with fletcher

richtree is offline Registered User

DEPENDS WHO ARE STARTING QB WILL BE THIS YEAR.

If we have Bradford and don't bring anyone else new with him, I would expect us to be bad again and keep the pick.

ludairv is offline Registered User

this will never happen...

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Haden was being compared to Revis, but not anymore after those 40 times and an overall disappointing combine performance.

I dont see cornerback being as big of a need as say QB, DT, DE, TE, OLB and RB, so to give up a future first rounder and this years third rounder (which is almost a second rounder) for a CB just doesnt make sense.

The only way i see this happening is if we take Suh or McCoy at number 1, and Bradford somehow makes it down to 15. Even then, im not sure a future first and a third rounder would be enough to swing that deal

TheRammer Guest

hELLZ NO!!! i'D LOVE TO HAVE HIM BUT what it would cost wouldn't be worth it whatso ever!

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

We're not talking about using this year's first round pick on him. I don't see why we should be talking about using next year's. The only way I'd want us to consider trading our 2011 first round pick is if I thought we had a chance at a guy this year who would be better than anyone we were likely to have a chance at next year.

shower beers is offline Registered User

I don't think we should be trading back into the first round unless it's for a quarterback, and we originally passed on one with our first pick.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

without a pass rush he would still be burned however good he is..DB`s are like the QB`s of the D..without good supporting casts infront of them they not gonna look very good atall..that is why Bartell in the past and Fletch for a spell before the injury looked so impressive to many..not because they were terrorising wideouts etc...because they weren`t but because they were holding their own despite of such woeful pass rush infront of them.

Aronmorg Guest

Rams will have a top 5 pick most likely next year. Why would you give that up again? sorry that just doesn't make sense.

Ramzee Guest

I like Joe Haden but he isn't worth our 2011 1st, let alone additional picks. This is nuts.

Oshiomogho Guest

Since we are most likely going to have another top 5 pick, it's not worth it.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TheRammer View Post
    hELLZ NO!!! i'D LOVE TO HAVE HIM BUT what it would cost wouldn't be worth it whatso ever!
    LOL...this post was too funny, but I have to agree, he was such a disappointment I can't believe he ran the 40 so slow, maybe he'll have a better outing at the Fla. pro day.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Aronmorg View Post
    Rams will have a top 5 pick most likely next year. Why would you give that up again? sorry that just doesn't make sense.

Thanks for the vote of confidence for next season already

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    Thanks for the vote of confidence for next season already
    He is just being honest, as you look at the current material, there is nothign present to make you believe that we will be much better than 5-11 or 4-12 at best this year, which will still be an improvement