Thread: John Beck

zingers16 is offline Registered User

John Beck

Says on rotoworld that the Dolphins are looking for any compensation for John Beck.

I don't know too much about the guy but he is young and was promising in the draft. Would any of you be interested in maybe sending a late round pick or maybe a 2010 late round pick for him? Or would the best option be to take a QB with one of our late rounders?

itsguud is offline Registered User

Re: John Beck

Unless this guy has been extremely disappointing in practice I see no reason to believe he would be up on the trade block. He was supposed to be the Dolphins next QB. As far as I know they have no developmental guy behind him so giving him up would be a last option for lackluster performance. Of course they may have some young gun there I am unaware of?

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by zingers16 View Post
    Says on rotoworld that the Dolphins are looking for any compensation for John Beck.

I don't know too much about the guy but he is young and was promising in the draft. Would any of you be interested in maybe sending a late round pick or maybe a 2010 late round pick for him? Or would the best option be to take a QB with one of our late rounders?
    John Beck is about 27 i believe...no thanks!!
    27 is a fine age but id expect a whole lot more NFL experience for a player of that age than Beck has...id prefer us to take our own guy..there are some promising QB`s that should be available in the second day.
    Last edited by Ramblin` Ram; -03-31-2009 at 10:21 AM.

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by itsguud View Post
    Unless this guy has been extremely disappointing in practice I see no reason to believe he would be up on the trade block. He was supposed to be the Dolphins next QB. As far as I know they have no developmental guy behind him so giving him up would be a last option for lackluster performance. Of course they may have some young gun there I am unaware of?

they drafted Chad Henne last year i believe..

zingers16 is offline Registered User

I didn't really check his stats before I posted. I knew when they drafted him he was suppose to be their QB of the future, but picked up Pennington and Henne since then.

The main stat that glares out at me is his 7 fumbles (5 lost) in the 5 games he has played in.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

They drafted Chad Henne last year. They have stated that they want him to be the starter by 2010 and they have not been negotiating a new deal with Chad Pennington, who is in the last year of his contract. They think Henne will be a good NFL starter and they believe his deep ball will breathe new life into Ted Ginn's career.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Conditional 2010 pick... has to make final roster this year to send pick. The most I would give up is a 6th