Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Jon Clayton just said on NFL Live that if he is reinstated into the league that Mike Vick would be a good fit for the Rams.


  2. #2
    rammiser's Avatar
    rammiser is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
    Age
    40
    Posts
    1,999
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Jon Clayton just said on NFL Live that if he is reinstated into the league that Mike Vick would be a good fit for the Rams.
    This is nothing on Vicks personal problems but how and where is the guy a good fit? He isnt a good qb, we already have a rb. Never seen the guy play safety or wr. Maybe he bulked up in prison and is gonna play guard. I don't know but the guy doesnt seem like a good fit anywhere. He isnt gonna draw fans because most people are put off by the guy now so where exactly does John "Wormser" Clayton think he will fit? In my opinion if there is one place that guy fits it's Miami with the wildcat offense. With Vick,Williams, and Brown in the backfield in certain situation could be dangerous. He would be a threat to throw and run. Then Pennington could play in other situations. Miami is a good fit for Vick not St. Louis. The reason the wildcat wasnt that successful vs good defenses is because most defenses know Brown isnt throwing the ball. Vick can throw he might not be a great qb but he sure is a bigger threat to throw than Brown. ALso he wouldnt have to start because they have Pennington.
    Just Fix It

  3. #3
    RamsFanSam's Avatar
    RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Springfield, Missouri, United States
    Age
    51
    Posts
    2,630
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    I believe John Clayton was talking out of his.....mind.

  4. #4
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,300
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Jon Clayton just said on NFL Live that if he is reinstated into the league that Mike Vick would be a good fit for the Rams.
    Then John Clayton needs to have his abnormal looking head examined.

  5. #5
    RockinRam's Avatar
    RockinRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    4,074
    Rep Power
    44

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    This makes no sense. Vick was one of the worst accurate passers when he was in the league, and we're heading into an "accuracy" based offense. More like John Faketon.

  6. #6
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    This makes no sense. Vick was one of the worst accurate passers when he was in the league, and we're heading into an "accuracy" based offense. More like John Faketon.
    Agree on that I don't know how he would fit unless he is use in a wildcat type of O.
    :ramlogo:

  7. #7
    ManofGod's Avatar
    ManofGod is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    NC
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,526
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by rammiser View Post
    This is nothing on Vicks personal problems but how and where is the guy a good fit? He isnt a good qb, we already have a rb. Never seen the guy play safety or wr. Maybe he bulked up in prison and is gonna play guard. I don't know but the guy doesnt seem like a good fit anywhere. He isnt gonna draw fans because most people are put off by the guy now so where exactly does John "Wormser" Clayton think he will fit? In my opinion if there is one place that guy fits it's Miami with the wildcat offense. With Vick,Williams, and Brown in the backfield in certain situation could be dangerous. He would be a threat to throw and run. Then Pennington could play in other situations. Miami is a good fit for Vick not St. Louis. The reason the wildcat wasnt that successful vs good defenses is because most defenses know Brown isnt throwing the ball. Vick can throw he might not be a great qb but he sure is a bigger threat to throw than Brown. ALso he wouldnt have to start because they have Pennington.
    No he's actually been saying this for months (this is not new, although the recent t.v. interview was just show the other day), due to the fact that whereever he goes he can bring the "wildcat" option with him with the added dimension of passing.

  8. #8
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,514
    Rep Power
    80

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    I think if we pick up vick it might facilitate rebuilding the defense around wroten. Meanwhile, the Rams can then hire Michael Phelps as a team spokesman. Bongs Away!!!!

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  9. #9
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    I heard Clayton say that Atlanta was trying to trade him but will find no takers because of his contract. He said they will wind up releasing him and that the Rams and SF ***** would both be a good fit.


    For the record I disagree about the Rams being a good fit but welcome the SF ***** signing Vick. I dont think he is a good QB or accurate passer. He can be real hot and cold. I think a lot of NFL teams looked at athletic typ QBs and was mesmerized by their abiltiy to run as well as throw the football. But they all came to the realization that accuracy, decision making, and leadership qualities comes first. Best example Warner for AZ this year. Not mobile but accurate, good decisions, and leadership.

  10. #10
    djdeeznutz Guest

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    I WATCHED THIS ON ESPN!

    He did not say it like that. He said that if vick is reinstated and released by the falcons posibly San Francisco would be intrested cuz thy want to be a running team and possibly st. louis might be intrested.

    He just said intrested. He never said he would be a good fit. Get ur facts right and word it correctly

    Watch the vid:

    Clayton: Vick Trade Impossible - ESPN Video - ESPN

  11. #11
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,785
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    !) Michael Vick is a criminal, a distraction, should never have done what he did, and therefore at best should endure eternal derision. On top of that he is a mediocre quarterback. Why would anyone want him? He ought to stay in jail for another 20 years ..

    or ...

    2) Mike Vick is kid who hung out with the wrong crowd (the friends he made while while growing up before he became famous). He made some incredibly dumb errors in judgement and is paying the price. No more big paychecks, no more endorsements, lots of big legal bills, loss of life as he knew it, not to mention going to prison. If in fact Billy D. has maintained contact with Mike and perhaps has visited him during his incarceration, perhaps Billy was just going as a friend who in spite of the hideous nature of Mike's offense, was at the same time able to see there was some good in him, and when all the world seemed against Mike, it is possible Billy wanted to be there as a friend for him when Mike most needed one .. Speculation to be sure .. but not completely out of the question.

    3) Vick as a Ram? Sounds pretty far fetched .. The combination of his personal problems along with his style of play would seem not to fit. (I have to digress for just a minute though -- I have always wondered what sort of schemes Mike Martz would have devised for Vick if he had been his OC -- still wonder about that. Any thoughts rammiser?). The Rams are emphasizing character these days, and even if Billy D. believes Mike has truly turned over a new leaf, the Rams are after all still a business, a faltering business at present. Would Vick put butts in the seats (as a backup)? Maybe .. However, what about Spags? Would he buy in? We'll likely never know the answers, but you just never know ...

    4) My personal take on Vick coming to the Rams .. I believe in second chances - if merited by amended behavior resulting from wisdom gained. We all pay for our education one way or another. Concerning his ever playing for the Rams: I'll defer that one to Billy D. and Spags .. I won't be doing much if any second guessing on their decisions until we're at least 8 games into the 2009 season ..

    Rammiser: I liked your reasoning concerning Vick and the Dolphins. particularly your point about opposing teams realizing Brown is not a threat when it comes to throwing the ball.

  12. #12
    r8rh8rmike's Avatar
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    29 Palms, Ca.
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,235
    Rep Power
    127

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    !)My personal take on Vick coming to the Rams .. I believe in second chances - if merited by amended behavior resulting from wisdom gained. We all pay for our education one way or another.
    The problem is Maui, Vick used up his second chance long, long ago. He's had so many legal problems and done so many stupid things the last several years that there's a seperate page on Wikipedia dedicated just to his misdeeds. The guy is a bad seed and will never change. Any team that picks him up is asking for nothing but trouble.

  13. #13
    THOLTFAN81's Avatar
    THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,938
    Rep Power
    25

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    I WATCHED THIS ON ESPN!

    He did not say it like that. He said that if vick is reinstated and released by the falcons posibly San Francisco would be intrested cuz thy want to be a running team and possibly st. louis might be intrested.

    He just said intrested. He never said he would be a good fit. Get ur facts right and word it correctly

    Watch the vid:

    Clayton: Vick Trade Impossible - ESPN Video - ESPN
    you need to get your facts right he named the rams and SF as good fits

  14. #14
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,785
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    The problem is Maui, Vick used up his second chance long, long ago. He's had so many legal problems and done so many stupid things the last several years that there's a seperate page on Wikipedia dedicated just to his misdeeds. The guy is a bad seed and will never change. Any team that picks him up is asking for nothing but trouble.
    Perhaps you're right .. we'll see .. I know that's the way I felt about Pac-man when he was still available. Time will tell with Vick .. he'll at least get a shot somewhere, but I'll be shocked if any team throws big bucks at him ..

  15. #15
    RamsSB99's Avatar
    RamsSB99 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Mo
    Posts
    1,131
    Rep Power
    23

    Re: John Clayton on nfl live reports:

    Quote Originally Posted by djdeeznutz View Post
    I WATCHED THIS ON ESPN!

    the falcons posibly San Francisco would be intrested cuz thy want to be a running team and possibly st. louis might be intrested.

    He just said intrested. He never said he would be a good fit. Get ur facts right and word it correctly
    You are being a real jack ass.

    The original poster said this:
    Jon Clayton just said on NFL Live that if he is reinstated into the league that Mike Vick would be a good fit for the Rams.
    All I was saying was they said the same thing about SF. Now if you want to be an ass because neither of us had a pen and paper and wrote it down word for word and then went to our computer before typing it on here then go ahead and be an ass. I for one was going off what the original poster posted and what I remembered from 8 hours (heard at 8 am or so posted at 4pm) prior to posting. No one here said the Rams would be interested they said he was eluding to the fact that SF and the Rams would be a fit. I believe everything Clayton was saying was his opinion about those two teams possibly being interested or in his opinion possibly being a good fit.

    By the way you did not quote it exactly here is what he said after saying they would not be able to trade him.
    If he is reinstated this year he will have to be cut. Some possible teams now again I say this with caution because none of these teams have expressed total interest yet. Possibly San Francisco they want a running team he is a running Quarterback. Possibly maybe St. Louis but right now there will be no trade if he comes back.
    Next time you try to slam other posters for not getting it right maybe you should try to get it right.
    Last edited by RamsSB99; -02-14-2009 at 10:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. J. Thomas Live, 12-27
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-28-2007, 11:46 AM
  2. John Clayton on the Bandwagon
    By RamsInfiniti in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -08-07-2007, 11:55 PM
  3. John Clayton reports Trent Green will start this Sunday.
    By methodical_reaction in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-16-2006, 09:07 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -05-16-2006, 10:53 PM
  5. Interesting take from John Clayton..
    By AugustaRamFan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -08-31-2005, 12:49 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •