Rambos is offline Registered User

Jonathan Joseph CB 5'11 187 South Carolina Jr.

Jonathan Joseph CB 5'11 187 South Carolina Jr.
    By: Robert Davis

In just over one season on the field, Jonathan Joseph made himself one of the best corners in the SEC. Joseph attended Coffeyville Junior College before becoming a Gamecock. He earned a starting job immediately in 2004, but a broken foot ended his season two games in. During his one full season on the field, opponents knew exactly where he was on the field. He finished the season with 55 tackles, 3.5 for loss, and four interceptions.

There may not be a better corner in the draft from a physical standpoint. Joseph combines very good athleticism, with excellent quickness and speed, in a solid frame. He shows the ability to turn and run with receivers, and the ability to break on the ball and make plays. Joseph is also physical and not afraid of contact. He will hit the receiver at the line, and will break off and make plays in the running game.

Joseph really only has one full season of D1 experience. As a result, he lacks refinement at the position. He relies too much on his physical ability to make plays, and is prone to getting beat. His hype as a prospect is based solely off his natural talent and upside.

With his speed and athleticism, Joseph could be a big riser come draft day. He has all the talent to be a difference maker at the next level, but is a work in progress. He should put on an impressive display with his speed in the workout phase. He has a lot of upside, and could end up cracking the Top 50 when all is said and done.

I just heard that Joseph might be the first CB taken. he is really moving up the boards. Any thoughts on him?

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Jonathan Joseph CB 5'11 187 South Carolina Jr.

I don't think he'll be the first CB taken. Out of curiosity, where did you hear that? I think Hill and Cromartie (and Huff/Williams if you consider them corners) will all go before Joseph. But Joseph's stock is rising, and he could sneak into the bottom of the first round, maybe to a team like Chicago or Seattle.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Jonathan Joseph CB 5'11 187 South Carolina Jr.

I’m sitting here doing very little work watching cold Pizza, and I saw an interview from the owners meeting in Florida. An analyst started breaking down draft picks I just caught this CB name that was moving up the boards. Just wanted info on him…