Thread: Julio Jones

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

Julio Jones

I know it is early for next year but this may be the type of player the
    Rams need next year.

After he broke his hand in the 1st quarter he went on to have 7 more receptions for 104 yards and a td.

The guy is making catches with a broken hand!!!

If we can't keep players healthy we are going to have to start looking for players that can produce when they are not healthy.

shower beers is offline Registered User

Re: Julio Jones

I really like this guy right now. He's the big, physical presence that we need in our group. This only solidifies my opinion of him.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

He's talented but lazy. There are 2 more talented & more explosive WR's ahead of him.

Keenum is offline Registered User

From what I heard he USED to be lazy... he worked his tail off this offseason. He's faster that you'd think while being very physical. Heck, he's playing right now with a broken hand and still catching passes.

There is one flaw with him that is obvious if you watch games... he tends to drop too many passes, some that are very easy. I read where it bothers him when he drops a pass, but he has got to find a way to fix that. He has made some very impressive catches, no doubt, but he has also dropped too many.

A.J. Green is faster and more sure-handed, but not as physical. If you were to pick between the two it would pretty much depend on what type of WR you were looking for. And don't forget about that Jonathan Baldwin guy.

Either one of those three WRs would be fine with me in the draft.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I have A.J. Green as the top eligible receiving prospect in the 2011 Draft, with Julio Jones the next after him. Jones' inconsistency has me a bit concerned, but there's no doubt he has the physical skills you look for.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    From what I heard he USED to be lazy... he worked his tail off this offseason. He's faster that you'd think while being very physical. Heck, he's playing right now with a broken hand and still catching passes.

There is one flaw with him that is obvious if you watch games... he tends to drop too many passes, some that are very easy. I read where it bothers him when he drops a pass, but he has got to find a way to fix that. He has made some very impressive catches, no doubt, but he has also dropped too many.

A.J. Green is faster and more sure-handed, but not as physical. If you were to pick between the two it would pretty much depend on what type of WR you were looking for. And don't forget about that Jonathan Baldwin guy.

Either one of those three WRs would be fine with me in the draft.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I have A.J. Green as the top eligible receiving prospect in the 2011 Draft, with Julio Jones the next after him. Jones' inconsistency has me a bit concerned, but there's no doubt he has the physical skills you look for.
    Check the publications now guys the WR's goin in this order:
    A.J. Green
    Jonathan Baldwin
    Julio Jones
    -The thing that really bothers me about Julio (even before the injury) is that he gets incognito for huge stretches of games, now alot of that is due to Bama's run first attitude, but when given the chance he is often struggling to create seperation, dropping passes, or running a piss poor route. Now yes Green may be less physical, but he is more athletic which means he can go up and catch (or as I like to say snatch) passses out of the air before the DB can make a play; much like Randy Moss.

Quote Originally Posted by ManofGod View Post
    -The thing that really bothers me about Julio (even before the injury) is that he gets incognito for huge stretches of games, now alot of that is due to Bama's run first attitude, but when given the chance he is often struggling to create seperation, dropping passes, or running a piss poor route. Now yes Green may be less physical, but he is more athletic which means he can go up and catch (or as I like to say snatch) passses out of the air before the DB can make a play; much like Randy Moss.
    You're preaching to the choir with me if you're arguing A.J. Green is the draft's top receiver. That being said, I think your criticism of Jones disappearing in games can be equally applied to Baldwin at this point. Yes, Baldwin doesn't have a great quarterback throwing to him, but I would still like to see him more active in games for a top receiving prospect.

Rambunctious is offline Registered User

There is no doubt that AJ is the top receiver... I just think (fingers crossed) we won't be high enough in the draft to get him.

I'm not ready to anoint Alexander but if he pans out it will be interesting to see how high of a pick we will use on a receiver with D.A., Clayton, Danny, Gilyard, Gibson and Avery on the team.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    There is no doubt that AJ is the top receiver... I just think (fingers crossed) we won't be high enough in the draft to get him.

I'm not ready to anoint Alexander but if he pans out it will be interesting to see how high of a pick we will use on a receiver with D.A., Clayton, Danny, Gilyard, Gibson and Avery on the team.

Hmm, assuming if Alexander pans out, and becomes a solid receiver, our WR unit would look like:

1: Clayton
    2: Alexander
    3: Avery
    4: Amendola
    5: Gibson
    6: Gilyard

I think that sounds pretty good, but we'll have to see if everyone can stay healthy. I think Avery is more suited for the slot anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Rambunctious View Post
    As of right now, we won't. So it's good to look at some alternatives, absolutely.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    As of right now, we won't. So it's good to look at some alternatives, absolutely.
    I was thinking that if we pick around the Top15-25, Travis Lewis out of Oklahoma would be a great pick for us to give Laurinaitis a stud LB next to him.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Green is my #1 WR as of now, with Jones behind him.
    As for disappearing in games... that is something I wouldn't be too sure of unless I was able to watch game film on them. Is it because they are slacking, great defense, the offense taking a different approach, etc... All of those must be considered.
    As said before, the main concern I have with Jones is his inconsistency. If he could fix that I think he would be the #1 WR in most rankings, but until then it has got to be Green.

Then again, if Alexander can keep playing like he can, we get a healthy Avery back next year, and Clayton comes back healthy... that ain't a bad starting three! If we get a WR or not may depend on where we end up drafting.

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    I was thinking that if we pick around the Top15-25, Travis Lewis out of Oklahoma would be a great pick for us to give Laurinaitis a stud LB next to him.
    OLB is definitely going to be an area to evaluate as well, as an upgrade over Diggs or Grant wouldn't hurt.

In no particular order, I think WR, RB, OG, TE, DE, DT, OLB, and SS are the areas I'd be interested in looking for help. Of course, that may change by the end of the year if guys begin to emerge.