Thread: Julio Jones

Systemlangstaff is offline Registered User

Julio Jones

Just thought I'd share this with you guys

YouTube - Julio Jones Amazing Catch

..I don't know about you, but this looks like the deep threat we're deeply in need of!!

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Re: Julio Jones

AJ GREEN FTW!!!!The real #8 (if hes there at 14) if not i agree Julio is the answer

richtree is offline Registered User

this guy is the first WR that has me scratching my head....he will be elite or passe....

not sure yet........hmmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    AJ GREEN FTW!!!!The real #8 (if hes there at 14) if not i agree Julio is the answer
    Well no doubt AJ, but highly doubtful unless we get a good trade out there, I hope, but highly unlikely.

RockinRam is offline Registered User

I'm really not that big of a fan of Jones. He's not a guy that is a pure, sure-hands WR. At this point in time, we need a consistent WR that can make plays, and I don't think Jones is the answer.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

I don't really get the Jones love either. He'll make a big play, and then drop a first down pass. I think Green and Blackmon are 1 and 2 (a far behind 2), and then Jones and Floyd and kind of tied for 3. Maybe one of them can have a good offseason before the draft and make themselves the clear cut 3. If the Rams value him at 14, I won't really complain, but I don't value him there compared to other available options.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Jones actually became more sure-handed this year after he had surgery to repair a broken hand... he was better with those plates and screws in!
    Last year and two years ago he had some troubles with dropping passes... and he did a few earlier this year as well, but has looked a lot better as of recent.
    What really sets him apart is he is an outstanding blocker... one of the best blocking WRs I've seen in a while. We NEED that if we are going to continue throwing those short routes/screens/long handoffs and want them to go for more than 2 yards.

There is a rumor going around that Julio's mom really wants him to stay at Alabama and get his degree before leaving for the NFL. Bama had two players (Ingram and Dareus) declare for the draft today, which was expected, but I've even heard some people in Tuscaloosa say that there is a good chance Jones will stay for his senior year. That's something to keep an eye on.

But if Green, Jones, or Blackmon are sitting there at #14, it had better be set in stone we are going to take them... and if they end up expected to go higher than 14... we had better move up to get one! WR is such a HUGE need on this team right now we can't afford to just take the best player available, in my opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Keenum View Post
    Jones actually became more sure-handed this year after he had surgery to repair a broken hand... he was better with those plates and screws in!
    Last year and two years ago he had some troubles with dropping passes... and he did a few earlier this year as well, but has looked a lot better as of recent.
    What really sets him apart is he is an outstanding blocker... one of the best blocking WRs I've seen in a while. We NEED that if we are going to continue throwing those short routes/screens/long handoffs and want them to go for more than 2 yards.

There is a rumor going around that Julio's mom really wants him to stay at Alabama and get his degree before leaving for the NFL. Bama had two players (Ingram and Dareus) declare for the draft today, which was expected, but I've even heard some people in Tuscaloosa say that there is a good chance Jones will stay for his senior year. That's something to keep an eye on.

But if Green, Jones, or Blackmon are sitting there at #14, it had better be set in stone we are going to take them... and if they end up expected to go higher than 14... we had better move up to get one! WR is such a HUGE need on this team right now we can't afford to just take the best player available, in my opinion of course.

I agree with you 100% and with Luck moving up there's a guarantee Green will be gone so between Jones and Blackmon both are good in their own ways. I wouldn't be disappointed with either of them.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Green will be gone by our draft pick and Julio Jones drops off in big games and is no where to be found. Blackmon for the win!

richtree is offline Registered User

The more I watch J.Jones the more I like him. The more you watch Blackmon the more you see some of his limitations.

I think M. Floyd maybe the prize of the post-AJ Green WR's .....He is big, strong, pretty quick and actally has good hands while running routes not just posts to the End Zone.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    The more I watch J.Jones the more I like him. The more you watch Blackmon the more you see some of his limitations.

I think M. Floyd maybe the prize of the post-AJ Green WR's .....He is big, strong, pretty quick and actally has good hands while running routes not just posts to the End Zone.
    Could be, but I think injuries (among other smaller issues) might keep him towards the bottom of the first or into the second round. There seem to be a wide range of opinions on him.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

I like Julio. He is big, physical, is a lot faster than given credit for (have you ever seen him caught from behind, indeed I've seen him take end arounds the distance). His inconsistent hands is his main knock.

I'd feel great about him at 14. Hands can be helped with practice hours and dedicated work. More concentration than anything.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Right now I would say one of the "Big 3" (Green, Blackmon, and Jones) might be available at 14... there is also a huge chance all three will have good combines and workouts and move up even more. If that happens I really hope we trade up to get one of them... M. Floyd is good, but with the chance we have of getting one of the "Big 3" and how much we need a WR, I would really rather see us get one of them if possible.

I just can't wait for April!!
    Last edited by Systemlangstaff; -01-09-2011 at 03:34 PM.