Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Julio Jones> Terrell Owens.

When I look at Julio Jones, I see a guy with Vincent Jackson potential.

San Diego Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by GROUND DOG 39 View Post
    Yes I do live in the U.K, and I have all my life. I hope your not trying to imply, I dont understand the game because Im not American. I played running back for the Manchester Spartans from the age of 11 to 16.
    All my friends thought I was crazy, but I love the sport.
    Being a fan of the NFL for 28 years, it has given me some good insight into player evaluation. Its difficult getting any film on the college game. Only in the last three years, has there been any access to watching a live college game, but it isnt free and I cant afford it. If I was a rich man, then things would be different.! Hence the reason for the questions.
    AS far as I know Baldwin has run the 40 in 4.50 sec. Hardly slow for a man of his size.

Manchester???? It's all about liverpool baby!! The Only time I will be friends with a manchester fan..... Because you like the rams too. Grrrrrrrrr

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Come on man, let's not get into all that nonsense. Just as long as your no cockney. Only buzzin kidder. Oh
    and by the way, I aint no Man U fan, if thats what your thinking.
    Your a lucky lad, living in sunny California. It's 2pm and the temperature is 2 degree's here.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    When I look at Julio Jones, I see a guy with Vincent Jackson potential.
    That's quite a big statement AV, I too think he will do a lot of damage to opposing teams. What worries me at the moment, is if he runs in the low .40's at the combine, i.e. 4.42. It could really damage our chances of being able to take him at 14. I dont think Sidney Rice will be worth the money he'll want, doubt we'll stump up the cash anyhow.? V>J. is worth the $$$$, but youve got more chance plaiting rice pudding, than the Rams paying a kings ransom. Julio Jones gives the Rams the potential of gaining a very young, true No.1 type WR. Also at a better price. Roll on the combine.
    GO RAMS

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Terrance Toliver, although good and underrated, will probably go in Round 2, at the earliest. I'm a fan of Toliver, but let's face it, Round 1? Most likely not going to happen. Round 2? Very possible.

I'm not a huge fan of Jones, and I think he is overrated. He isn't a natural pass-catching WR. His separation is inconsistent. Sometimes he will beat his man, and sometimes he gets shut down by average defensive backs. He isn't the fastest WR, and will have to rely on his strength and size to try to outmuscle smaller players for yardage after the catch.

However, he plays in a run-first offense in Alabama, so maybe his production and talent can be better utilized in McDaniel's scheme.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12