Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Curious

RedskinsFan Guest

Just Curious

Hey guys. I'm just curious to know what the Rams are doing with their pick. I trust you guys would know the situation better than anybody right? I know it started with Clausen, then Suh, now Bradford?
    Honestly I think Bradford/Clausen would fall apart starting for you guys on day one, (no disrespect) and am curious to know what you guys think?
    Any talk on Jason Campbell?

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Re: Just Curious

Right now the popular vote is Bradford with Suh a close second. Our line is not as bad a previously thought with two people that have the potential to be pro bowlers in it, just some questions at RG. There was some speculation on a Campbell trade, and I wouldnt have minded it before we landed in the #1 spot, but since we are in the position for bradford now I would give the chance of this happening less then 20%. Unless the Skins give us campbell and their first second and third round pick

RedskinsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    Right now the popular vote is Bradford with Suh a close second. Our line is not as bad a previously thought with two people that have the potential to be pro bowlers in it, just some questions at RG. There was some speculation on a Campbell trade, and I wouldnt have minded it before we landed in the #1 spot, but since we are in the position for bradford now I would give the chance of this happening less then 20%. Unless the Skins give us campbell and their first second and third round pick
    Yeah, you guys do have a pretty good oline.. Not nearly as bad as ours atleast lol. Yeah nothing wrong with Jason Campbell, just needs to see a new team at this point in his career. It's a bit sad for our team right now at fourth though, considering we have Haynesworth so no need for mccoy or suh, and our favorite (bradford) all of a sudden hit the rams sights.

I've read a few things mentioning how Spag only has one more year to prove himself and drafting a QB at one could threaten that.
    Either way, let's hope it works out best for both teams I guess eh? I really do hope taht for your teams sake too Bradford doesn't hold out on signing a contract with the Rams which I've also read.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by RedskinsFan View Post
    Honestly I think Bradford/Clausen would fall apart starting for you guys on day one
    The Redskins gave up more sacks on fewer pass attempts than the Rams did last year.

Drummerman1011 Guest

Honestly, all the reports that the redskins are the better fit for him or that Bradford wants to play for the redskins and all those negative rumors are just spread by the Washington press to somehow help their team. Just like how the Philadelphia media spread rumors about our team the other week as well.

Bottom line, unless we get a ridiculous trade offer for the #1 pick. Bradford is wearing Ram horns next season.

RedskinsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    The Redskins gave up more sacks on fewer pass attempts than the Rams did last year.
    I don't mean from the oline.
    Marc Bulger for example over the years developped this whole, "I'm gonna throw the ball into coverage because I dont' wanna get sacked" type of instinct.
    Don't get me wrong I have nothing but respect for all of you loyal Rams fans, but you're team is the worst in the NFL. I wouldn't be surprised if Bradford pulled an Eli Manning type thing leading towards April 22nd.

RedskinsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Drummerman1011 View Post
    Honestly, all the reports that the redskins are the better fit for him or that Bradford wants to play for the redskins and all those negative rumors are just spread by the Washington press to somehow help their team. Just like how the Philadelphia media spread rumors about our team the other week as well.

Bottom line, unless we get a ridiculous trade offer for the #1 pick. Bradford is wearing Ram horns next season.
    Oh no doubt about it, but then again we do have better coaches, better ownership and more money. You really never know right?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Who are you trying to convince... us or yourself?

The Rams played the Redskins in Washington last year, and Washington won 9-7. The Rams also played the Redskins in Washington in 2008, and the Rams won 19-17. So, if the Rams are the worst team in the NFL, what does that make the Redskins?

Better coaches? Well, Mike Shanahan does have a very good track record, but past success does not guarantee future results (i.e. Joe Gibbs 2.0). Spagnuolo is a new HC, and we'll have to see what he is like in the long run.

Better owners? Dan Snyder is a lousy owner. He has made bad deal after bad deal, signing expensive FAs who have done nothing to turn the Skins into a winner. The Rams' ownership is in a state of flux. We don't know what the new owner will be like.

More money? Who cares? The Rams have enough money to pay Bradford his market value.

Seriously... I really think you are here to convince yourself that the Rams will simply pass on Bradford and let him fall to Washington, or that Bradford will refuse to play for the Rams.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.

dave626 is offline Registered User
    Blog Entries

Welcome has been worn out, go home skins fan. Would Bradford a popular native american really play for the REDSKINS idk.

RedskinsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Who are you trying to convince... us or yourself?

The Rams played the Redskins in Washington last year, and Washington won 9-7. The Rams also played the Redskins in Washington in 2008, and the Rams won 19-17. So, if the Rams are the worst team in the NFL, what does that make the Redskins?

Better coaches? Well, Mike Shanahan does have a very good track record, but past success does not guarantee future results (i.e. Joe Gibbs 2.0). Spagnuolo is a new HC, and we'll have to see what he is like in the long run.

Better owners? Dan Snyder is a lousy owner. He has made bad deal after bad deal, signing expensive FAs who have done nothing to turn the Skins into a winner. The Rams' ownership is in a state of flux. We don't know what the new owner will be like.

More money? Who cares? The Rams have enough money to pay Bradford his market value.

Seriously... I really think you are here to convince yourself that the Rams will simply pass on Bradford and let him fall to Washington, or that Bradford will refuse to play for the Rams.

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you.
    Okay now the question is who are you trying to kid saying the Rams aren't the worst team in the NFL? You know that so well and you're in denial, but either way you can keep convincing yourself that.
    Dan Snyder isn't a lousy owner, he just happens to have so much money that he throws it out to people who aren't deserving some would make a case for.
    I'm not trying to convince myself anything. I'm just dedicated and have an open mind to every team in the league, I think you should maybe realize that the Rams are anything but an improving football team.
    Again, the Rams did beat us in 08 and lose in 09, but we're a bad team IMPROVING. Not getting worse.

Warner4prez Guest

Yes, the rock solid addition of Larry Johnson will carry you miles.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Okay now the question is who are you trying to kid saying the Rams aren't the worst team in the NFL? You know that so well and you're in denial, but either way you can keep convincing yourself that.
    Dan Snyder isn't a lousy owner, he just happens to have so much money that he throws it out to people who aren't deserving some would make a case for.
    I'm not trying to convince myself anything. I'm just dedicated and have an open mind to every team in the league, I think you should maybe realize that the Rams are anything but an improving football team.
    Again, the Rams did beat us in 08 and lose in 09, but we're a bad team IMPROVING. Not getting worse.
    well no sh*** they were bad last year they blew up the roster (dumped those has beens in holt pace etc...) and were one of the youngest teams...//// lmao snyder likes to hand out big money eh....hall and haynesworth have done wonders huh? lmao ....the oline stinks gave up more sacsk then the rams with fewer passing attempts...have no RBS ...portis is a scrub ....sure the owner ship is unsettled but at the end of the day in the long run the rams have better chance then the redskins...+if that cap come back by next year free agency theyll have hte most cap room

RedskinsFan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Warner4prez View Post
    Yes, the rock solid addition of Larry Johnson will carry you miles.
    Have you guys added anyone? How do you expect to improve without adding one free agent for depth and leadership.
    You have two positions worth mentioning, Jackson and Atogwe who will most likely get picked up by another team.
    Let's not even get into your receivers. In fact what are their names?

molar_pistol Guest

how are the redskins improving? by my watch they've been getting worse every year, despite their quarterback improving every year and the owner throwing record contracts at people every offseason. the rams released about half their roster last year, and are in full rebuilding mode, despite all that we were a donnie avery fumble away from beating you guys two years in a row. i think we know where this is going, bottom line is don't call the kettle black.

Dominating D Guest

I live in the DC metro area so when you say the Skins are a bad team improving and suggest the Rams are not is so ignorant and shows you know very little about your team.

The skins have alot of veteran players past their prime. They have way too many overated and over payed players and are stuck with them. On the other hand the Rams are much younger and will continue to get better and better as they continue to add talent through the draft and future free agnency.

The Rams tend to hold on to draft picks and acquire extra picks while your Skins seem to give them up just like your 3rd round pick you lost cause your so called great owner got his hands caught in the cookie jar.

Go Rams

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast