Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just curous ..

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Just curous ..

Anyone think we should forgo drafting a QB this year, and instead use all our picks to build a team around the QB first? We could bring in a FA QB, and use all our picks to get more weapons on both sides of the ball so that when we do draft a QB he'd have more talent around him enhancing his chances for success .. Just curious ..

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Re: Just curous ..

I agree 100% although I wouldn't mind getting Colt McCoy in the 2nd but it all depends on how many holes we fill in free agency and whose still on the board with our 2nd round pick.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

molar_pistol is offline Registered User

i like lefevour in round 3-4...i dont think mccoy drops to round 2 with mallett and locker and possibly more guys staying in college. unless we trade down it looks like we're going to have to sign a guy through free agency and either groom lefevour/null or put it off another year.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I really don't want to keep pushing this back year after year... Being the top pick of almost every round in a fairly deep QB class, I think now is the time for us to grab a QB.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by molar_pistol View Post
    i like lefevour in round 3-4...i dont think mccoy drops to round 2 with mallett and locker and possibly more guys staying in college. unless we trade down it looks like we're going to have to sign a guy through free agency and either groom lefevour/null or put it off another year.

Exactly the way I feel. I like LeFevour. Bulger, if healthy and surrounded by talent can win in this league. Plus we need to hire a dedicated QB coach who can groom a new QB. Jim Zorn anyone?

Go Rams!

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Maui, this is what I have been saying for weeks...kind of. I really don't think we need to bring in a FA starter at QB, IF, and only IF we can get Bulger to renegotiate his contract to a more reasonable level...something that won't cost us much unless he puts up some 2004-2006 era numbers. If we did have to pick up a FA QB, I'd start looking at Jeff Garcia first.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

The past few rookie QB's who have been successful have had good teams they can walk into.

I believe that if we can snag a QB in round two or three, without another player that can contribute immediately, we should do that.

Other wise, I truly believe its important to build around the QB.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

Jeff Garcia is a choice i had forgotten but really wouldnt mind bringing in. I love the guy, im just concerned about his age and deep ball ability. I really want a qb that can chuck that sucker deep to hit donnie avery on one of those suckers

DistantRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    Anyone think we should forgo drafting a QB this year, and instead use all our picks to build a team around the QB first?..
    If anything, we should build the "D" in this draft:

Suh
    best DE in round two
    Edds
    best CB in round four
    etc

There's loads of defensive depth in this year's draft, so let's get that side sorted first and look at the "O" in 2011.

Bing69 is offline Registered User

I agree! It doesnt really matter if we get our franchise QB in this draft, we're still gonna suck and have a losing record!! Just pick the best player, which is Suh, and work on the deep defense class! We'll be in a position to pick Locker next year anyway

chiguy is offline Registered User

For me the bottom line is this -- best player available. We're not deep enough at any position to be picky and we're thin on top-line NFL talent. If the BPA happens to be a QB at a particular spot, we should choose him. If the BPA doesn't end up being a QB, then we should come out of the draft without a rookie QB.

Bralidore(RAMMODE) is offline Registered User

what if the BPA in round 7 is a QB? You still want to take him so he can ride the bench as we wait yet another year for a QB?

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

From a post a couple weeks ago:

No QB in the draft next year.

This team still has alot of things to do before becoming a playoff caliber team. Young players maturing..............players staying healthy.

I would much rather see the Rams address other needs. If things go poorly again, which with they're luck with injuries it will, then next year they might have a shot at Locker. And that may well be the last very high pick this team sees in a while.

I think Suh in the first, then chase BPA in round 2 and 3, then needs in the rest of the draft. Continue to sign young FAs.

Whose going to play QB? Whose playing it now.

Little may retire? who knows. Let's get the rest of the base team fixed up before the QB of the future arrives. Rothsburger style.

They may not get a shot at Locker, but there will be decent QB prospects next season. I think focusing on other holes is the way to go for now. Not like the RAMs are going to be playoff contenders even if they grab a QB this draft.
    Semper Fi!

RockinRam is offline Registered User

Just wait a few years for Garret Gilbert to graduate.

SJacks039 is offline Registered User

I'm down with no qb this year because obviously, like all of u, i think we have too many holes for a qb to really have success. Also next year we should get mallet or locker. I think both are better than the qb's in this draft. I wouldn't b mad if we got a qb in the 3rd or 4th, but i would rather see bulger leave and get a filler in free agency.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast