Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Just Thinking

RANDYRAM Guest

Thumbs down Just Thinking

If the rams draft went like this

(1) Chris long DE/ (PLAYMAKER)

Because we need a good DE

Chris Long, DE Virginia
    Already considered a lock for the top five, and just about everyone's No. 2 overall pick, Long showed his competitiveness and fire by attacking the drills and going through the workouts that most top picks would've skipped. At 6-4 and 275 pounds, he ran a 4.75 40, which would've made him the fourth fastest quarterback and eighth fastest tight end, came up with a vertical of 34", was second among defensive linemen in the broad jump going 10'4", was fourth in the 3-cone drill clocking in at 7.02, and led the way in the 20-yard shuttle with a time of 4.21. More importantly, he looked fluid, able to seamlessly come in and out of his cuts while moving like a player much, much lighter. Essentially, he not only solidified his spot among the elite of the draft's elite, but he confirmed that he's a can't-miss must-have prospect. As strong as he was, he didn't come up with the defensive lineman numbers of ...

(2)Chris Johnson RB/WR/KR (PLAYMAKER) 4.24 tide fastest time ever at combine! A stsrting Quality Back!

Because Steven Jackson is up for a new contract next year! I don't want him to hold the rams hostage!
    He also had back spazams and missed several games last year!

Also Brian Lenard had both his shoulders operated this off season.

Running Back Stats
    Player Team GP RUSH RUYD RUYA RUTD REC REYD REYR RETD

Darren McFadden Arkansas 13 325 1830 5.6 16 21 164 7.8 1

Chris Johnson East Carolina 13 236 1423 6.0 17 37 528 14.3 6

Chris Johnson, RB East Carolina
    All Johnson did was lead the nation in all-purpose yards with 1,423 on the ground, with 17 touchdowns, 528 receiving yards, with six scores, and 1,009 yards and a touchdown on kickoff returns, but that didn't get him much attention. While he's among the most versatile prospects in the draft, he didn't register much of a blip on the radar in such a strong year for running backs. And then came the 40.

There's Deion Sanders fast, running a hand-timed 4.28 in the 1989 Combine, there's the urban legend of Bo Jackson running a hand-timed 4.12, and now there's Johnson's 4.24, tying Eastern Kentucky's Rondel Melendez's 1999 time as the best electronically-confirmed run in Combine history. While Johnson isn't a between-the-tackles runner, he could be a much cheaper, and as it turns out, much faster option than McFadden for someone like Dallas, who'd like an outside threat to go along with Marion Barber III, or teams like Cincinnati and Tampa Bay, who have decent pounders, but little flash.

(3)Marcus Howard 6-0.4, 245 4.38 Georgia

We just lost chiller

(4)Frank Okam DT/NDT (HUGE 6'5" 345Lbs)

Because Adam Carriker had his shoulder operated on this off season

(5)Colt brennan QB/PLAYMAKER
    Colt Brennan, QB Hawaii
    With Andre Woodson suffering a hamstring problem and Joe Flacco and Chad Henne spraying their throws, Brennan stood out as the star of the quarterback drills. After a disastrous Sugar Bowl and lousy workouts in the post-season circuit, he stepped up his game big-time as the most accurate and impressive passer in Indy by far. Matt Ryan, who didn't work out, has absolutely nothing to worry about, but at least Brennan is on the radar again after making all the throws in the book while potentially reestablishing himself as one of the top five quarterbacks.

(6)Travis Scott DE/OLB 6'5" 252lBS 4.62 (PLAYMAKER)

(7)C.Campboll SS 6'2" 229 4.57 good tackler

They're is a lot of talent in 3,4,5, and alot of need picks here!
    (What do Rams fans think?)
    Last edited by RANDYRAM; -03-24-2008 at 12:31 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: Just Thinking

I think it's a pretty good mock you have up. I'm not sure if Benedict will be there at 3...but I could be wrong.

cfh128 is offline Registered User

I don't know much about this stuff but I don't like that second round pick one bit. I would imagine your thought is draft him to play receiver, and I think there would be much better options at receiver with that pick in the draft. If you are drafting him to play running back, then we are wasting a second round pick on a backup running back which we already did last year. We already have Dante Hall and Derek Stanley to do returns. If you want to draft another returner, fine. But don't blow a second round pick on it.

chiguy is offline Registered User

I'll lose my mind if that their second round pick.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Chris Johnson??? Is this the one Im thinking about from East Carolina? He's the fastest person I've ever seen if this is him. Also one a sidenote, I assume Dennis Dixon can still get drafted, but he was selected by the Atlanta Braves in the 5th round last year, and during the summer and right before football camp he played in their instructional league. They let him return to Oregon for his Senior year. One last thing. Im all for drafting Vernon Gholston, because he have needs at both DE and LB, but does anyone have an idea which one he would play here?

keith m. klink Guest

I'm not high on this draft . sorry ! I am still not so really sold that we would have to draft GHOLSTON #2 . if we are getting a deep speed burner to strech the field , then get one . but don't grab any kind of these ( project / to much talent to pass up crap ) player , get a true speed receiver . WE have D. HALL , D. STANLEY and B. WILLIAMS and even HAGENS if we got totally screwed . we do not need another returner .

keith m. klink Guest

If your 7th rd pick is caleb campbell , i would like this pick very much but i think he will sneek up into the 5th rd .

TekeRam is offline Registered User

To start with Chipper, Gholston is a "tweener" meaning he's a little undersized for a 4-3 DE, but a little oversized for a 4-3 OLB. However, this fits perfectly as a pass rushing 3-4 LB. As for how he'll fit into our scheme, he'll play DE in our 4-3 and rush backer when we switch up to a 3-4.

The mock is ok, but I too, would rip my eyes out if that is their second round pick. While yes, he turned in the fastest forty time, he doesn't match up with value there at the top of the second round. First, I feel that a first round receiver will drop down to us, and second, I'm sure that someone else of greater value will fall to us there as well. Chris is a second round prospect, but he's a very poor man's Reggie Bush and he's not exactly tearing up the league so I'm not super confident that Johnson could either.

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    To start with Chipper, Gholston is a "tweener" meaning he's a little undersized for a 4-3 DE, but a little oversized for a 4-3 OLB. However, this fits perfectly as a pass rushing 3-4 LB. As for how he'll fit into our scheme, he'll play DE in our 4-3 and rush backer when we switch up to a 3-4.
    Are you saying that you're not sold on him at #2 because he's a tweener? Little falls into that category also.

RANDYRAM Guest

First I would like to thank all for your incites!

I like this pic at 2 because this kind of SPEED don't come around often! At the slot this
    guy would kill teems he is a Rb BUT HE IS FAST AND TUFF! Now A BIG IF Brian Lenard Recovers
    from TWO shoulder surgeries DO YOU THINK HE GOING TO BE A GAME BRAKING PLAY MAKER!
    I DON'T!
    Those of you that have not seen tape on CHRIS JOHNSON SHOULD! (GAME BRAKING PLAY MAKER)
    KEITH! as much tape as you can.He has very good hands and vison!

DMAC didn't run 4.24 he cant! Reggie didn't run 4.24 I LIKE CJ BETTER !
    D.HALL,D.STANLEY,B.WILLIAMS,or HAGEN'S didn't run 4.24
    allot of us here would love to had a chance for R.BUSH! CJ stock is rising
    he might go in the first.We mite not see CJ in 2

YES! CALEB CAMPBELL was my pic

No one knows how it will go.But it's fun guessing with other RAM FANS!
    Last edited by RANDYRAM; -03-16-2008 at 04:38 PM.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    First I would like to thank all for your incites!

I like this pic at 2 because this kind of SPEED don't come around often! At the slot this
    guy would kill teems he is a Rb BUT HE IS FAST AND TUFF! Now A BIG IF Brian lenard Recovers
    from TWO shoulder surgeries DO YOU THINK HE GOING TO BE A GAME BRAKING PLAY MAKER!
    I DON'T!
    Those of you that have not seen tape on CHRIS JOHNSON SHOULD! (GAME BRAKING PLAY MAKER)
    KEITH! as much tape as you can.

DMAC didn't run 4.24 he cant! Reggie didn't run 4.24 I LIKE CJ BETTER !
    allot of us here would love to had a chance for bush! CJ stock is rising
    he might go in the first.We mite not see CJ in 2

YES! CALEB CAMPBELL was my pic

No one knows how it will go.But it's fun guessing with other RAM FANS!
    Yeah your right we should go out and sign the world's fastest man... Yep I can see it now at the Olympics they won't be competing for the gold metal they'll be competing for a contract with the St. Louis Rams. And even if Brian Leonard isn't a PLAYMAKER after shoulder surgery we have Steven Jackson(Yeah Steven Jackson maybe you've heard of him) to be a PLAYMAKER. besides that we have Antonio Pittman who looked pretty good last year.

RANDYRAM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by rams_fan81 View Post
    Yeah your right we should go out and sign the world's fastest man... Yep I can see it now at the Olympics they won't be competing for the gold metal they'll be competing for a contract with the St. Louis Rams. And even if Brian Leonard isn't a PLAYMAKER after shoulder surgery we have Steven Jackson(Yeah Steven Jackson maybe you've heard of him) to be a PLAYMAKER. besides that we have Antonio Pittman who looked pretty good last year.
    The last time I checked ( THE COWBOYS BOB HAYS,OUR RAMS RON BROWN)
    were both the fastest man in there days! and made there teams better.

The RAMS need more than( Steven BACK SPAZM Jackson, Tory bum knee Holt,Drew hurt all
    year Bennett,Antonio 43 yards of fame Pittman,Brian 2 wrecked shoulders Leonard)!
    Sorry I just think the the fastest man in the draft at any position
    could be a GREAT FIND FOR THE RAMS! and especially when he can play
    3 positions! HOW MANY positions do (SJ,TH,DB,AP,BL,) PLAY???

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY VIDS OF CHRIS JOHNSON????

chiguy is offline Registered User

My issue isn't whether Johnson is good, but why we'd draft yet another running back when we have bigger needs at WR and OT and excellent talent available in round two at those slots.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    The last time I checked ( THE COWBOYS BOB HAYS,OUR RAMS RON BROWN)
    were both the fastest man in there days! and made there teams better.

The RAMS need more than( Steven BACK SPAZM Jackson, Tory bum knee Holt,Drew hurt all
    year Bennett,Antonio 43 yards of fame Pittman,Brian 2 wrecked shoulders Leonard)!
    Sorry I just think the the fastest man in the draft at any position
    could be a GREAT FIND FOR THE RAMS! and especially when he can play
    3 positions! HOW MANY positions do (SJ,TH,DB,AP,BL,) PLAY???

HAVE YOU SEEN ANY VIDS OF CHRIS JOHNSON????
    I'll show you a vid of the worst player in college football and they can throw some of his best plays together and make him look like an all-star.

You know those guys that bend over right before the play starts yeah we um have to have those guys there or it doesn't matter if a guy can run a 4 flat 40.

So before you start drafting our 4th wide receiver and 5th running back (since Johnson plays em both) we should probably get some of those big guys.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I was going to make a comparison to Philly drafting an Olympic athlete last year or the year before and him not making it because he just wasn't a good enough football player. Of course, this was a few years after he stopped playing so his skills atrophied. Johnson's good enough to warrant a second round pick, so that isn't the case, but my point was going to be that speed isn't everything.

In another thread for example, we're talking about Deangelo Hall and how he's not nearly as good as he should be, or thinks he is. A few years ago at the Pro Bowl, Hall won the forty competition, and he's consistently dubbed one of the fastest players in the league. Tye Hill is pretty damn fast, but that hasn't helped him be a pro bowler yet.

You know who I think Johnson will turn out like? A poor man's Devin Hester. Could we use someone like that, sure. But there's no guarantee that he'll ever even come close to being compared to Hester, and he could be a better offensive weapon too. We don't know. What I do know, is that there should be a much more proven pass catcher available where we pick and that is who we should target if we're going after one in the second. If we trade down a bit, then maybe I can see taking Johnson, but if we stay at #33, we should go after a first rounder that has slipped to us.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast