Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Just Thinking

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Just Thinking

Quote Originally Posted by RANDYRAM View Post
    Hey Teke, I edited the original post and gave a few reasons why I like certain players. If you don't like the post, go make your own post (LMAO I just noticed you are only 24 yrs old. No wonder you don't know about the players I refer to. I have been watching football twice as long as you have been alive. You really couldn't know about the Joe Montana's, Fran Tarkington's, Roger Staubach's, John Elway, (maybe Elway) Anyway, now I understand why you don't know what I am talking about. But that's okay, like I said, I have my opinion, and you have yours, so we shall agree to disagree.
    Hm, well that is quite impressive. Teke is only 24 yet he has shown an excellent grasp of the difference between mobile QBs & run-first QBs from several different decades.

Well done, Teke.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Does that mean that maybe Teke needs a hobby? Get outside young man, go breathe fresh air.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Does that mean that maybe Teke needs a hobby? Get outside young man, go breathe fresh air.

Teke brings an insightful, intelligent, rational, logical, and (possibly most importantly) a quantitative line of thinking to these boards. Keep on keepin' on, my man. Fresh air and the outdoors are vastly overrated.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RANDYRAM Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Hm, well that is quite impressive. Teke is only 24 yet he has shown an excellent grasp of the difference between mobile QBs & run-first QBs from several different decades.

Well done, Teke.
    YES very well done TEKE!! and dido for you also HUbison!!
    (I was LMAO! AT MY SELF!) for not noticing your
    age and realizing that you never had the opportunity too see some of the QBs I was talking about!
    Tarkington was just unbelievable sometimes! If you ever get a chance to watch Fran Tarkington film it's great!

Most all of the QBs I mentioned were all scramblers in collage! Once
    they get to the pros they have to learn to stay in the pocket (I think because the lines are better) and only
    use there running SKILLS when the pocket breaks down!

That said!! I NEVER said I wanted a rams QBs to scramble! I wanted one with
    the skills to do so!!

I really do ENJOY talking to you guys or girls (PC) THANKS!!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Teke brings an insightful, intelligent, rational, logical, and (possibly most importantly) a quantitative line of thinking to these boards. Keep on keepin' on, my man. Fresh air and the outdoors are vastly overrated.
    Thanks, Hub, for the kind words. I'm an engineer, so that's where most of that comes from! My boss says that fresh air is overrated so that he can keep me in the office longer.

As for you, Tx. I do have hobbies. Football's my main one, followed by Madden.

In reality I love playing with my dogs OUTSIDE as well as playing volleyball and flag football in my company's leagues. I actually do a fairly good job coach/coordinating the defense on our football team.

Also, I've seen a good many highlights of the old players such as Tarkenton and actually watched whole games of Montana. Elway is one of my favorite QB's of all time, and is one of the reasons I like the Broncos to some degree now. My father actually played Tight End for Elway's high school(Grenada Hills, in LA) a number of years before Elway was there. Oh, and would you stop saying that he only won one Super Bowl? He won back to back ones right before the Rams won.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345