Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Justin Blackmon is not worth #2

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Justin Blackmon is not worth #2

It seems like there is a good majority of the board is clamoring for this guy if we can't trade down. I think the huge need for a game breaking wide receiver and constant o-line picks are clouding the overall picture. Justin Blackmon is a reach at number 2 plain and simple.
    • Blackmon is a notch below Aj Green and Julio Jones who went 4 and 6 respectively in last years draft
    • Blackmon is 2 notches below Calvin Johnson the last receiver picked #2 overall
    • Blackmon is behind Luck, Griffen, Kalil, and Claiborne as a prospect. Take out the QBs and he is still 3
    • Matt Kalil is the best pass blocking prospect since Joe Thomas who is bes tackle in the league
    • In terms of recent 1st round wr prospects my rank would be 1. Johnson 2. Green 3. Jones 4. Dez Bryant 5. Blackmon
    • Recent Tackle prospects on the other hand 1. Thomas 2. Kalil 3. Jake Long
    Blackmon is a good player probably a number 1 receiver, but not a top 3 pick. Unless he has an amazing offseason I can't justify putting him 2 on our board. Recent history might turn some people off, but we still have to pick according to BPA- QB.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Re: Justin Blackmon is not worth #2

There is so much left in the draft process that prospect ranking can certainly change...However i dont care about how Blackmon compares to previous draft prospects because quite frankly they are not in this draft

Also i hate this notion of a certain player should not be taken because they are not worthy of a certain pick...Lets look back at last year Cam Newton was not even in the top 5, Blaine Gabbert was also ranked higher than him in terms of qb but the panthers took him because they thought he would help there team the most

And thats how we should view it Who will help of the most this season and in the future? ...Not is this kid valued at this pick?

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

Atm I agree but by the time April rolls around who knows. These athletes work out so hard once they declare so they can improve their game. I'm pretty firmly in the Kalil camp right now though but who could get mad at taking a play maker?

RamSoup is offline Registered User

If an NFL GM based his drafting decisions based off of assessments like the ones posted in this thread, he would not have a job very long.... (well geez blackmon isnt worth the number 2 pick, hes only worth the number 5 pick, we're screwed we cant draft him,lol what a joke.) Blackmon is worth the #2 pick in the draft. Blackmon is an absolute stud and is rated higher then bryant when he came out of college. And like BarronWade stated none of those other guys are in THIS draft. With the new rookie salary cap in place i dont believe it really matters where we draft him at.
    THOLTFAN81 and Tampa_Ram like this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I disagree. If the player is productive and carries the team (I think Blackmon would be great here) he can be picked wherever. I think Blackmon and Kalil will both be great NFL players and I'd take either at #2.

Fastcat is offline Registered User

If blackmon was projected as the 20th pick in the draft and we plan to take him at 2 then i agree with this post. But that isnt the case, what is he projected? 5 or 6? That is still in range and not a reach.
    Last edited by Fastcat; -01-02-2012 at 09:56 PM.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

We need blackmon
    RamSoup likes this.

RamSoup is offline Registered User

Anyone watching Fiesta Bowl?
    Blackmon has 2 catches 110 yds. 2 td's.....
    first half isnt even over yet.
    2 catches both to the house, enough said..
    Draft this kid!!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Note the two big play tds tonight. But more to the point, i couldnt care less where a player is "projected" What i care about is that we have quality knowledgeable football guys evaluating the players and the needs of our team. Until anyone sees a 40 yard time from blackmon, i dont see how in the world anyone can draw any conclusions about him. He has been as dominant as a college receiver as any receiver in the history of the college game. I am a georgia tech season ticket holder and saw megatron for 4 years. Great great player, but until he ran the great 40 time he wasnt a top 5 pick either. Lets see what happens with Lloyd, but the rams are in a position where we must have weapons for bradford. Sure, we also need offensive line help. I have read plenty of people think that khalil is undersized as an offensive tackle. I dont buy into that either. If we pick its going to be either blackmon or khalil and the experts who we hire can make the choice and i will support it either way. There is simply no way that anyone on this board is qualified to make that determination, especially in the context of the currently available information. That being said, everyone is entitled to their opinion and it should make for some serious and intriguing and spirited debate.

Personally, i believe that the critical issue for the rams is hiring good people to run the team. If i had to pick today on the #2, i would take blackmon. I will also say as a rams fan that the best we can hope for is that someone falls in love with RG III and pays us a ton to trade up.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    Nick, MauiRam, THOLTFAN81 and 3 others like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He has 4 receptions for 138 yards and 2 TDs in the first half of the Fiesta Bowl, for what its worth.

Right now, for me, its Blackmon or a GREAT trade (if one is offered).
    ramsbruce, THOLTFAN81 and RamSoup like this.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

I'm guessing you aren't tuning into the fiesta bowl.

This is a crazy dominant first half against a top team. Come on. Blackmon all day @ 2. Unless we are offered the world, we can't not give Bradford this beast!

Cleveland does have the 4 so maybe we can deal them our 1 for their 2 1s. And Blackmon would be there at 4 because Khalil would go 3 to minne and we'd still get an extra 1. Of course that's a perfect world
    Tampa_Ram and RamSoup like this.

codeman123 is offline Registered User

The only trade I would make is with Cleveland since we're still guaranteed Blackmon or Kalil. I was worried Blackmon was going to suck today from a leg infection since he wasn't moving very well, and everyone would complain about how overrated he is. Blackmon is a beast. I think at this point he has to be the pick.
    THOLTFAN81 and Jd_UK like this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Yea i dont see what the OP is talking about thats a terrible tactic for drafting comparing to previous and not picking a player because your pick doesnt merit him that high.JB is the best WR in the class this year and is worth the 2nd pick.I would like to trade with Cleveland and still draft him ,we need more picks but unless we get the world for that pick and fall out the top 10 i want JB all day long.He is a game changer and thats what we need,some1 that can win a game with a single play/performance.We are the least explosive team in the the NFL and today that just wont cut it unless you have a monster D which we also dont have.
    Flippin' Ram and RamSoup like this.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Blackmon with the hat trick!
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

My mancrush for Blackmon runs deep.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast