Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: Justin Blackmon plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs?

gummysoul is offline Registered User

Justin Blackmon plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs?

I apologize in advance for the dubious source but did anyone else hear McLovin from the Dan Patrick Show on Friday? Anyway, without getting into any specifics, he said that some well connected sources are saying that Justin Blackmon's stock is plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs. I know, the dude is called McLovin, but he does work for Sports Illustrated. What's going on and if we find out the guy's either got injury problems or is a headcase, do we then go after Alshon Jeffrey instead?

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Re: Justin Blackmon plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs?

Quote Originally Posted by gummysoul View Post
    I apologize in advance for the dubious source but did anyone else hear McLovin from the Dan Patrick Show on Friday? Anyway, without getting into any specifics, he said that some well connected sources are saying that Justin Blackmon's stock is plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs. I know, the dude is called McLovin, but he does work for Sports Illustrated. What's going on and if we find out the guy's either got injury problems or is a headcase, do we then go after Alshon Jeffrey instead?
    Jeff Fisher and co doesn't look into the eyes of these tools, they look into their own perspective of how talent is evaluated. How else do you think they were able to find the likes of Finnegan? If Fisher feels Blackmon won't be a steep upgrade for WRs, then so be it.

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

This person "McLovin" must not own a television because Justin Blackmons stock can't be higher after 180/3 in the fiesta bowl vs a Stanford D that had yet to allow a 100 yard reciever all year.
    Dwight Frye and FestusRam like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

His stock has been high all season. It shot into the stratosphere after that Fiesta Bowl. Since then nothing has happened to change it's direction one iota. Nothing will happen to change it until the combine unless he hurts an animal.

Also, the pictures I've seen of Alshon Jeffery aren't too flattering. I'm not saying he's a fatty mcfatterson but he has Mike Williams written all over him.

Rammed is offline Registered User

I apologize in advance for the dubious source but did anyone else hear McLovin from the Dan Patrick Show on Friday. I know, the dude is called McLovin, but he does work for Sports Illustrated.
    Maybe he was trying to get booze with a fake id once and had to stick with it. Guess he's superbad.
    Systemlangstaff likes this.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

He's plummeting to other GM's because they can't get thier hands on him. He's coming to St Louie!

Rambos is offline Registered User

Yeah I heard that as well, but could not find anyone one else saying it and i did not want to upset
    THOLTFAN81 lol... The only issues I heard is his speed which is not an issue...

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

People are starting to believe that Kendall Wright is the #1 WR in this draft.... I laughed.
    THOLTFAN81 likes this.

39WillRunYaOva is offline Registered User

Blackmon is hands down the best WR in this draft and then after him i believe it takes a nice dip down for whos 2nd.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

a face i can trust.
    [IMG]Justin Blackmon plummeting in the eyes of NFL GMs?-mclovin.jpg[/IMG]
    Last edited by Ram Mar Ram; -01-15-2012 at 05:54 PM.
    THOLTFAN81, TekeRam and Rammed like this.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Let the offseason commence. I'm more a fan of the bigger guys, like Jeffery, because our problems have been with fades in the endzone. I don't know if it's Sam's own issue or the guys he's throwing to, but a 6'4" guy sounds a lot better than Justin's 6'1". Let's see how they do at the combine and at workouts before we condemn anyone though.
    I believe!

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus

His real name is Andrew Perloff and just 6 days ago he had Blackmon going #4 (after a trade w/Cleveland) to the Rams:

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III top our first 2012 NFL mock draft - Andrew Perloff - SI.com

I didn't hear the radio comment, but I'm guessing its being overstated here.

gummysoul is offline Registered User

It was during his Against the Grain segment towards the end of Friday's show where Perloff (McLovin) was actually critiquing his #4 pick of Blackmon on his mock draft. I know how the game works. Could be one of many reasons why it's coming out the way it is, including some might be trying to play down Blackmon in order to have a chance at drafting him later in the draft.

Still seemed like a cause for concern and was hoping someone here might be able to dispel the rumors, but I guess it's a bit too early to say at the moment.

The comment starts at about 32:20 into the 3rd hour.

120113 DP Hour 3 - AM 570 FOX SPORTS L.A.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    His real name is Andrew Perloff and just 6 days ago he had Blackmon going #4 (after a trade w/Cleveland) to the Rams:

Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III top our first 2012 NFL mock draft - Andrew Perloff - SI.com

I didn't hear the radio comment, but I'm guessing its being overstated here.

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Let the offseason commence. I'm more a fan of the bigger guys, like Jeffery, because our problems have been with fades in the endzone. I don't know if it's Sam's own issue or the guys he's throwing to, but a 6'4" guy sounds a lot better than Justin's 6'1". Let's see how they do at the combine and at workouts before we condemn anyone though.
    DX would like to have a word with you in the parking lot.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

Given the offensive preference of JF and most likely B. Schottenheimer being our OC, I'm not overly confident that we'll be drafting JB at #2 or #4 or #6 (presuming trades). In fact we may be drafting on the other side of the ball to amp-up the defense. Of course everything is conjecture until the combine plays out. But it's easy to see how NFL GM's are starting the game of "draft poker".

I read an article on Turf Times that talks about drafting Kalil at #2, if we don't trade or going after other players, with #1 wideout left until possibly next year if Brandon Lloyd stays and we can sign a top tier TE like Jermichael Finley in FA. I would rather see us get a real playmaking receiver either in the draft or FA. I still like the idea of Marques Colsten, but that will take a lot of money and I think we need to work on building the O-line with FA $. Anyway it will be a very interesting off-season for the Rams.

Go Rams!
    Last edited by mde8352gorams; -01-16-2012 at 06:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast