Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: K. Britt, A. Smith In For Weekend Visits

Mikey is offline Registered User

Re: K. Britt, A. Smith In For Weekend Visits

Britt is a waste of a roster spot. He cannot stay on the field. He cannot stay out of trouble. When his team desperately needed production from a WR he was nowhere to be found. Five year pro who has only been active for 57 games of the 80 and started only 30 of those. He's averaged under 3 catches a game for his career and 45 yards. In his five year career he's been involved with the police nine times. Keep this guy the hell away from our young WR's.

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    Britt is a waste of a roster spot. He cannot stay on the field. He cannot stay out of trouble. When his team desperately needed production from a WR he was nowhere to be found. Five year pro who has only been active for 57 games of the 80 and started only 30 of those. He's averaged under 3 catches a game for his career and 45 yards. In his five year career he's been involved with the police nine times. Keep this guy the hell away from our young WR's.
    With all that he is better than any WR we have right now, with potential to be Top 25 in LEAGUE....

People act like there is majic grooming that takes place ...this isn't Major League baseball where an 17 year old gets drafted and goes from A, to AA, to AAA then to majors etc....

QUICK IS THE WASTE OF SPACE....he will never be good.....Britt has shown his talent on the field...

Quick has this season to do ANYTHING, or he will never be on another NFL roster for anything but tackling on special teams

Kenny Britt for his career has averaged slightly over what Quick did this past year. He is nowhere near as good as he's being billed as. And sorry I don't want a guy who's been involved with the police 10 times in 5 years on our roster he's not worth the headache.

Kenny Britt for his career has averaged slightly over what Quick did this past year. He is nowhere near as good as he's being billed as. And sorry I don't want a guy who's been involved with the police 10 times in 5 years on our roster he's not worth the headache.
    how are you averaging ? ??? using the year he had knee surgery ? and last year when the coach said he was only playing his draft choices ?

So what will you do when Fisher signs him ? Football players win....not choir boyz.....

Rambos is offline Registered User

Kenny Britt - WR - Titans

The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes free agent Kenny Britt "still has a chance to make an impact in the NFL," and still "definitely has the skills" if his knees cooperate.
    Wyatt has covered Britt his entire career, and we've never seen him give rose-colored or phony analysis. Wyatt also says Britt is "a good guy," and not the bad seed "some think he is." Britt obviously lacked confidence and concentration last year, but there aren't many players more worth a cheap, one-year "prove-it" flier. Britt's talent hasn't evaporated and he's still only 25.
    Source: Jim Wyatt on Twitter

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Fisher has so far done well with so-so moral players. People didn't want Jenkins or Ogletree. We took them and so far haven't heard any off the field antics from either. Still doesn't seem he's worth the headache if he is going to produce slightly more then the people we have now and possible draft choices.

For what its worth NFLN has him listed #42 out of the remaining 47 they have listed.

added note:

The Nashville Tennessean's Jim Wyatt believes free agent Kenny Britt "still has a chance to make an impact in the NFL," and still "definitely has the skills" if his knees cooperate.

Wyatt has covered Britt his entire career, and we've never seen him give rose-colored or phony analysis. Wyatt also says Britt is "a good guy," and not the bad seed "some think he is." Britt obviously lacked confidence and concentration last year, but there aren't many players more worth a cheap, one-year "prove-it" flier. Britt's talent hasn't evaporated and he's still only 25.

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    how are you averaging ? ??? using the year he had knee surgery ? and last year when the coach said he was only playing his draft choices ?

So what will you do when Fisher signs him ? Football players win....not choir boyz.....
    Five years in the NFL, 157 rec, 2450 yards 19td. 31.4 rec per year 490 yards per year 3.8 td per year. Not a hell of a lot better than 18/302/2 and those are with only starting 4 games. Better yes, but Britt is being billed as this great NFL WR.

Snead and Fisher can sign him if they want. This was a discussion about him coming in to visit. I gave my opinion on him as a player and said I wouldn't want him on the Rams because he is not that good. And I don't want choir boyz but Britt gets busted way too much and for some pretty stupid stuff for a grown man. A couple dui's, a car chase through a town, falsifying a drivers license application. Yeah no thanx.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Both would be terrific signings. Britt was an absolute stud when healthy and playing for Fisher. 100% worth the investment. He's immediately our top WR, sadly. As for Antonio Smith, he'd make an amazing 3rd pass rushing DT. I'd be ecstatic adding both.

Go get em!
    richtree likes this.

THE DREAM TEAM

Five years in the NFL, 157 rec, 2450 yards 19td. 31.4 rec per year 490 yards per year 3.8 td per year. Not a hell of a lot better than 18/302/2 and those are with only starting 4 games. Better yes, but Britt is being billed as this great NFL WR.

Snead and Fisher can sign him if they want. This was a discussion about him coming in to visit. I gave my opinion on him as a player and said I wouldn't want him on the Rams because he is not that good. And I don't want choir boyz but Britt gets busted way too much and for some pretty stupid stuff for a grown man. A couple dui's, a car chase through a town, falsifying a drivers license application. Yeah no thanx.

And still would immediately be the best WR we would have game 1 of 2014...

. On October 24, 2010, Kenny caught 7 passes, three touchdowns and gained 225 yards in a 37–19 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles

Thats a season for Quick.....

I am done with this argument.....if he signs tomorrow, which I think he will for 2 years 6.6 mil, then we will talk come game 1....til then ....your point is taken, but don't agree with it...
    sosa39rams likes this.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

. On October 24, 2010, Kenny caught 7 passes, three touchdowns and gained 225 yards in a 37–19 victory over the Philadelphia Eagles

I am done with this argument.....if he signs tomorrow, which I think he will for 2 years 6.6 mil, then we will talk come game 1....til then ....your point is taken, but don't agree with it...
    It's all whack talk RT! Kenny Britt is immediately our best WR. Will he produce like it? I hope so, but we don't know yet. I think being released will lite a fire under him. I also feel like Coach Fisher bringing him back and being the only one to give him a chance will play a huge role in his coming back - he feels like he owes Fisher and would go all out for him, like most of Fisher's players.

Britt had 2 solid years as a rookie and sophmore, and I have NO doubt in my mind if he stayed healthy in year 3 when he was on pace for about 1,500 yards he would have been absolutely dominant and a top 10 WR in the league. Hopefully he can get back to that with completed rehab and a revamped determination for the game.

THE DREAM TEAM

Fair enough. Your speculation about him being our best WR if he signs based on one game over three years ago is noted. We do disagree and we'll see what happens.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I suspect the Rams would offer a low value contract if he wants to give it a whirl.
    If he can't beat out Justin Veltung, he's got problems.

Don't care was Snead says, Watkins is a serious draft possibility.

Vinnie25 is offline Registered User

I say we sign Britt, he's better than anything else out there plus he'd most likely come cheap. He's the definition of a low risk, high reward player. I'm just hoping a team like Seattle or the Whiners don't pick him up.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I think Smith just signed with the Raiders.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast