throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Kenny Vacarro

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Kenny Vacarro

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Well, like you said, it's entirely too risky. There's no guarantee where any of these guys are going in the draft, so to bank on being able to land two specific prospects is quite a risk.

Also, even if the Rams cut Mikell, he's going to cost them $3 million against the cap. His salary in 2013 is $6 million but his cap cost is $9 million, likely because of prorated bonus money or what not that wouldn't be cleared by cutting him.

So now, you're essentially drafting two first-round safeties to fill two holes (and that's assuming both Vaccaro and Elam are available for those picks), including one hole you've created by cutting a guy who still counts $3 million against the cap. Anything could happen, but this seems like a bad strategy.
    Im not on the "draft two safeties in the first" bandwagon, but drafting two safeties in this draft i think would be wiser in the long run. If we cut Mikkel we take the cap hit, and set up our defense with 2 more talented players under a rookie wage scale. I think this is the better option in the long run as opposed to keeping an aged Safety and waiting for the immanent future to draft his replacement
    Last edited by ludairv; -01-31-2013 at 12:12 PM.

ludairv is offline Registered User

Re: Kenny Vacarro

Quote Originally Posted by mcpeepants232003 View Post
    I like Elam as well but he's also not considered as good as Vaccaro in coverage. We need a coverage safety more than we need a physical

Also Vaccaro is faster than Elam and taller than Elam so I don't see how Elam is considered a far better athlete. Plus Vaccaro probably has better ball skills as well. I just don't feel like Elam matches up with Mikell as well as Vaccaro would.
    Vaccaro is a better athlete than Elam? woah, where you getting this from? Elam wasnt too shabby this year with his playmaking ability. Id argue Elam has better range and recovery speed then Vaccaro

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12