Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kiper as of 4/8

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Kiper as of 4/8

Kiper's picks scrolled across the screen today, and as of Today, he has Jake
    Long going to the Dolphins and

CHRIS LONG going to the Rams.

I like that scenario.

The other guy on with him (Mcshay?) said that there was a Big difference in the rating of Long compared to Gholston, with Long being ahead.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kiper as of 4/8

It's a very plausible scenario. In previous mocks, I've mentioned Jake Long as a possible target for Miami, and as I work on my next one, it's certainly growing as an option for them.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I really hope it plays out that way. I really think Chris Long is the one we need. If he's gone, I say Gholston, but most people on the boards don't like him.

I hope we get Chris Long.

keith m. klink Guest

I wouldn't mind GHOLSTON as a pick , but not at #2 . that is just me and my own opinion! i don't think he is a #2 value , # 5-7 YES ! BY ALL MEANS .

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Rams need to go Loooooooooooooooooooooong

Freebirdsrams02 is offline Registered User

I'm with everyone one else on this one. If Chris Long is there he is our man, if not trade down and take Gholston.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I'm on the record with Long as the Rams pick.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

In spite of my support for Vernon Gholston, Chris Long will undoubtedly be the pick if he's there. In fact I'm already preparing myself for the slight disappointment, but as long as they draft an heir (James Hardy) to Holt in the 2nd I'll be satisfied.

ENN107 is offline Registered User

Chris Long is the smart pick and the one that carries the less risk. We know what we are getting and that is what we need from the 2 pick in the draft

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ENN107 View Post
    Chris Long is the smart pick and the one that carries the less risk. We know what we are getting and that is what we need from the 2 pick in the draft

That's a good point. And there's little ( read: no) room for error with this admin. so look for them to take a really safe pick. On the other hand though, this is also an admin. that needs immediate results, so maybe they gamble and take the risky pick, with the potential for tremendous upside...

who knows.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    It's a very plausible scenario. In previous mocks, I've mentioned Jake Long as a possible target for Miami, and as I work on my next one, it's certainly growing as an option for them.
    I'm not sure how they can pass on Jake Long. They do not have a starting tackle outside of Carey anywhere on the roster. If they're going to hand it over to Beck, they better have somebody to protect him. They've got half-a-dozen small DEs & big OLBs to play the outside of their 3-4.

Unless they just reeeeeeeeeeeeally love C. Long more than J. Long, I don't see how they pass on him.

Now, if I'm in their position, I'm putting out the word that Chris Long is the guy, since the best option to trade would be the Rams at 2; and they might trade up for Chris Long. Other than that.........
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    I'm not sure how they can pass on Jake Long. They do not have a starting tackle outside of Carey anywhere on the roster. If they're going to hand it over to Beck, they better have somebody to protect him. They've got half-a-dozen small DEs & big OLBs to play the outside of their 3-4.

Unless they just reeeeeeeeeeeeally love C. Long more than J. Long, I don't see how they pass on him.

Now, if I'm in their position, I'm putting out the word that Chris Long is the guy, since the best option to trade would be the Rams at 2; and they might trade up for Chris Long. Other than that.........
    That's because you're not thinking with Linehan logic. The dolphins just have to convert a couple of their TE's into OT's while drafting three TE's in the draft to compensate for the loss of TE presence on the field.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    But why couldn't they just draft a OT in the 2nd round? I'm sure somebody like G. Cherilus, or S. Baker or C. Nicks will be available. This way they get the defensive player that they want and the OT that they need. At any rate, I don't know that they have to pull the trigger on Jake just 'cuz they have OT issues. Somehow I do not see Parcells making any panic moves in this draft.

WHAT SAY YE?

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

I hope what I'm reading here that Miami takes Jake Long and we take Chris Long plays out. I am tired of reading posts that we take Gholston only if we trade down. Well unless Jake Long is available at number 2, there will not be any viable trade partners out there. I say that with only 50% certainty because the trading partner in that scenario would have to be Kansas City. And even then we have no guarantee that Oakland doesn't take Gholston at #4. My point is simply if you want Gholston, you will have to take him at #2 and believe he is worth the "reach". There is no way Gholston gets past the Jets at #6. If by some miracle he does, then New England at #7 will be licking their chops to get him.

I personally feel that if we get Chris Long great, our prayers have been answered, but if Miami takes him, then taking Jake Long at #2 isn't awful. We get a top flight OT (left or right TBD) and we'll likely get to take Lawrence Jackson from USC in round 2. The "wild card" is Glenn Dorsey. Taking him at #2 still leaves the DE spot weak and if you think we're taking a DT at #2 and a DE at #33, I think you're smoking some great weed.

Either way, the liklihood is that we're going to get a super impact player immediately and 2008 will be a better year.

Go Rams!:r

harrydog is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    Either way, the liklihood is that we're going to get a super impact player immediately and 2008 will be a better year.

Go Rams!:r
    Well, my hunch is the Rams will have a better year in 2008 regardless of who they select in the 1st round. Despite all the talk and speculation over the past few months, it's going to be fairly difficult for the Rams to screw up with this pick. (I hope I didn't jinx them)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast