Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Falconator Guest

Kiper/McShay/Every Mock - EVERYBODY says Rams will take Glen Dorsey...do you agree?

Assuming Jake Long is gone, I know about 70% of you like Chris Long and about 30% would take Glen Dorsey - this is not science, just what I have noticed from being on your board for the last two weeks and yuse guys responses....

Why would so many of the pundits "turn on a dime" and start saying the St. Louis Rams will take Glen Dorsey?.......it seems like a "fait accompli" - like its already been announced.....

Just really bizarre to me........is all of this Dorsey talk "smoke" or "fire".

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Kiper/McShay/Every Mock - EVERYBODY says Rams will take Glen Dorsey...do you agre

bizarre to me as well, but I believe little this time of year. As I've said elsewhere, if I were in Devaney's and Linehan's position, I would be singing the praise of Glenn Dorsey as well. Play down the Chris Long affinity. If the Fins take him, so be it; there are other options. But if the front office waves the Glenn Dorsey banner long enough, maybe the Falcons bite. If they don't, no harm done.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Tony Soprano is offline Registered User

Re: Kiper/McShay/Every Mock - EVERYBODY says Rams will take Glen Dorsey...do you agre

Chris Long is going to have the Longer career. I have to wonder why, after the season, interest in Chris Long has waned somewhat - or in discussions anyway. Or it seems like that.

Certainly there's a lot of Poker playing.

Long is stellar and even when his numbers are broken down -
    he's quite impressive as a workout guy. But, the noise and chatter seem to be around others...

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    bizarre to me as well, but I believe little this time of year. As I've said elsewhere, if I were in Devaney's and Linehan's position, I would be singing the praise of Glenn Dorsey as well. Play down the Chris Long affinity. If the Fins take him, so be it; there are other options. But if the front office waves the Glenn Dorsey banner long enough, maybe the Falcons bite. If they don't, no harm done.
    Hubison,

I'm starting to think "smoke" as well.........it just seems for all of these pundits to come to the same conclusion and for all of these guys who have "sources" - I think there is possibly some "purposeful leaking" of mis-information.

I do think Glen Dorsey is a better prospect but just barely and defensive end is a more valuable position.......

oh well........of course you guys know I am hoping you pass on Dorsey so we can take him - i'm a little scared of the injuries though...

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano View Post
    Chris Long is going to have the Longer career. I have to wonder why, after the season, interest in Chris Long has waned somewhat - or in discussions anyway. Or it seems like that.

Certainly there's a lot of Poker playing.

Long is stellar and even when his numbers are broken down -
    he's quite impressive as a workout guy. But, the noise and chatter seem to be around others...
    yeah.....lots of "liar's poker"......if Rams really want Chris Long, you will have to "tip your cap" to them because the league perception right now is Rams wanting Glen Dorsey or Jake Long.....

btw, sorry for the double post...

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

altogether now! *smoke on the water...*

keith m. klink Guest

I don't agree with the pick FALCO( thats your new nickname pal , like it ) it wouldn't kill me to have him but like you said ' most want C. LONG and i would also . But i would take JAKE LONG before DORSEY , thats just me .

But now the FALCONS have another bucket of worms . McNAIR retired . Do the RAVENS want RYAN enought to trade up ? and if they do will it be US or YOU GUY'S.

if we take DORSEY , are you taking RYAN? and if we take LONG , are you taking DORSEY. see if the RAVENS DON'T TRADE with us , then they would be asking for your pick and player it seems . what do you guy's think in FALCO's camp.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

I think Glenn Dorsey is the smoke. The Rams would love to trade down and snag an extra pick. They're hoping someone in the top 5 budges and asks the Rams to trade.

These "experts" have best player available compared to biggest need. We need a good DE, and Carriker probably won't provide that. Why not go out and get one of the two best DE's in the draft, Chris Long and Vernon Gholston. And I honestly think it will be that way.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    I don't agree with the pick FALCO( thats your new nickname pal , like it ) it wouldn't kill me to have him but like you said ' most want C. LONG and i would also . But i would take JAKE LONG before DORSEY , thats just me .

But now the FALCONS have another bucket of worms . McNAIR retired . Do the RAVENS want RYAN enought to trade up ? and if they do will it be US or YOU GUY'S.

if we take DORSEY , are you taking RYAN? and if we take LONG , are you taking DORSEY. see if the RAVENS DON'T TRADE with us , then they would be asking for your pick and player it seems . what do you guy's think in FALCO's camp.
    Klink,

yeah Falco's good - you can call me that....

I'm fine with you guys trading the pick to Ravens - actually would love it - I don't want Matt Ryan anyway....W/ Regards to Falcons pick, I think Falcons board(my guess) is as follows:

FALCONS DRAFT BOARD:
    1. Jake Long, OT
    2. Glen Dorsey, DT
    3. Matt Ryan, QB

I think that Jake Long will be gone because even if Dolphins pass on him, I'm almost certain that Rams will grab him. So, I'm pretty much marking Jake off as a possibility for the Falcons.

It is widely believed that the Falcons like Glen Dorsey - we have certainly met with him a lot. Obviously all the "smoke" or "fire" of yuse guys(Rams) being hot on Dorsey has thrown Falcons a curveball - for reasons I detailed in another post, I do not think Falcons will "burn" a pick to move up one spot. So, if you guys take Dorsey - then sobeit.

If Jake and Glen go 1,2 - the next move for Falcons would be to see if we could "trade out" of the #3 spot, slide down but stay in top 10 - and draft an offensive lineman like Branden Albert. If we get "stuck" at #3, then I think the Falcons will go ahead and "pull the trigger" on Matt Ryan - the quarterback and just hope like hell that he does not bust.

Also, if Falcons grab QB with first pick, I would look for them to package two of their three 2nd round picks(#34 & #37) to move back into the first round (#14 - #17) to try and nab one of the remaining left tackle prospects(Ryan Clady, Chris Williams or Jeff Otah). At #48, the Falcons will look at best defender on the board - probably a defensive tackle like Dre' Moore or Pat Sims or maybe a MLB like Curtis Lofton(if available)....anyway, these are my thoughts - for what its worth - Falcons-style.......

signed,
    FALCO.......

P.S. - I would love to draft Joe Flacco - his name could be FLACCO-FALCO - how cool would that be?

keith m. klink Guest

I love FLACCO , I think that if the RAMS did add a QB to develope this year that they would grab JOE if they went QB early . i think 2-3 of developing would give him the greatest chance to succeed .

I think that with the fresh start for your team , and the moves by your OWNER to clean it up and put a great team on the field that your going to do well enough this year to feel a bright future for the team .

And one question for FALCO before i go . I did a full 3rd mock a few days ago ( no trades , just picks that you have ) and my ATLANTA picks went like this :

#3 - MATT RYAN -QB
    #34 - SAM BAKER - OT
    #36 - JEFF KING - CB
    #47 - CURTIS LOFTON - LB
    #67 - FRANK OKAM - DT

Could you tell me how far i'm off base with what you are looking at in the FALCON draft wish list . thanks , hope i didn't stink ya too bad , first time doing any other teams besides rams.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well, Falconator, I'd say Matt Ryan is going to look just stellar in the Red and Black...

I'm kidding. We've seen it twice in two years, and it's been very successful. In 2006, a FO smokescreen convinced the Broncos to trade up for Jay Cutler...allowing the Rams to select Our Lord and Saviour Claude Wroten in the third round.

In 2007, it was Ted Ginn. The Dolphins passed on Brady Quinn to jump all over him at pick 9, allowing Carriker, who was a potential selection of theirs, to fall to us at pick 11.

This is nothing but smoke. Dangling the Carrot (or substitute food apt for a Falcon...shall we say Bunny Rabbit?) to induce the Falcs to bite, which you say won't happen anyway.
    Last edited by Bar-bq; -04-17-2008 at 06:47 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    I'm kidding. We've seen it twice in two years, and it's been very successful. In 2006, a FO smokescreen convinced the Broncos to trade up for Jay Cutler...allowing the Rams to select Our Lord and Saviour Claude Wroten in the third round.
    You almost killed me dude! I was eating the delicious Fudge Striped cookies and I read that and nearly choked to death.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Glenn Dorsey picked by the Rams in next week's Draft?

No, I don't agree that that will come to pass. But if it did, it wouldn't be a mistake and it would make plenty Rams fans happy. ...And Falcons fans too?

PeoriaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Bar-bq View Post
    Well, Falconator, I'd say Matt Ryan is going to look just stellar in the Red and Black...

In 2007, it was Ted Ginn. The Dolphins passed on Brady Quinn to jump all over him at pick 9, allowing Carriker, who was a potential selection of theirs, to fall to us at pick 11.

This is nothing but smoke. Dangling the Carrot (or substitute food apt for a Falcon...shall we say Bunny Rabbit?) to induce the Falcs to bite, which you say won't happen anyway.
    If it's smoke, I'm not sure it will work anymore...it worked the last two years because NFL teams figured, based on previous drafts, the Rams might actually be stupid enough to pick Cutler and Ginn respectively when they really needed to use their 1st rounder on something else. Now with the last two drafts and Devaney in the office...

The rest of the league may be on to the Rams.

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

I think Dorsey a legitimate possibility, but I tend not to assume anyone making a mock draft really knows what any team is going to do. Every year there are surprises in the first round and teams that defy expectations.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast