Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Falconator Guest

Re: Kiper/McShay/Every Mock - EVERYBODY says Rams will take Glen Dorsey...do you agre

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    I love FLACCO , I think that if the RAMS did add a QB to develope this year that they would grab JOE if they went QB early . i think 2-3 of developing would give him the greatest chance to succeed .

I think that with the fresh start for your team , and the moves by your OWNER to clean it up and put a great team on the field that your going to do well enough this year to feel a bright future for the team .

And one question for FALCO before i go . I did a full 3rd mock a few days ago ( no trades , just picks that you have ) and my ATLANTA picks went like this :

#3 - MATT RYAN -QB
    #34 - SAM BAKER - OT
    #36 - JEFF KING - CB
    #47 - CURTIS LOFTON - LB
    #67 - FRANK OKAM - DT

Could you tell me how far i'm off base with what you are looking at in the FALCON draft wish list . thanks , hope i didn't stink ya too bad , first time doing any other teams besides rams.
    I think you got the NEEDS right......I still don't think the Falcons are taking Ryan - even though I just said they are......I'm so confused right now - argghhh! It was simple when I thought the Rams were not taking Glen Dorsey.......

Ok - here goes.....(assumes no trades and Jake/Dorsey go 1,2

#3-Matt Ryan, QB
    #34-Carl Nicks, OT (more smash mouth than Sam Baker)
    #37-Antoine Cason, CB (just like him more than Justin King)
    #48-Dre' Moore, DT (big DT, the kind Mike Smith likes)
    #68-Anthony Collins, OT (may not last this long, if not Chico Rahal, OG)

Falconator Guest

Re: Kiper/McShay/Every Mock - EVERYBODY says Rams will take Glen Dorsey...do you agre

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    I love FLACCO , I think that if the RAMS did add a QB to develope this year that they would grab JOE if they went QB early . i think 2-3 of developing would give him the greatest chance to succeed .

I think that with the fresh start for your team , and the moves by your OWNER to clean it up and put a great team on the field that your going to do well enough this year to feel a bright future for the team .

And one question for FALCO before i go . I did a full 3rd mock a few days ago ( no trades , just picks that you have ) and my ATLANTA picks went like this :

#3 - MATT RYAN -QB
    #34 - SAM BAKER - OT
    #36 - JEFF KING - CB
    #47 - CURTIS LOFTON - LB
    #67 - FRANK OKAM - DT

Could you tell me how far i'm off base with what you are looking at in the FALCON draft wish list . thanks , hope i didn't stink ya too bad , first time doing any other teams besides rams.
    ok.....here's alternative assuming Dolphins take Jake Long and Rams take Chris Long

#03-Glen Dorsey, DT
    #34-Joe Flacco, QB
    #37-Carl Nicks, OT
    #48-Anthony Collins, OT
    #68-Patrick Lee, CB

Falcons offensive line is in shambles - this is why I would not be suprised to see them take two offensive lineman early....

Klink, you are RIGHT that Falcons need a MLB, too......however, I think they have to wait until later in draft to address....Falcons are focused on "BUILDING THE TRENCHES".....

Trench warefare in the A-T-L

Rambos is online now Registered User

NO we will not.
    Last edited by Rambos; -04-17-2008 at 11:04 PM.

keith m. klink Guest

FALCO , i think you can get NICKS and COLLINS WITH LATER PICKS THAN WHAT YOU WANT TO SPEND. we were talking about NICKS or COLLINS ALSO , but with our #65 pick in the 3rd .

And ya can't have em all man , we need some also , actually we both need alot of the same positions this year . OT, OC , CB , S , LB , QB , FB , DE . THE ONLY THING WE DON'T NEED IS RB , K , P and cheerleaders .

lostsoul is online now Registered User

I hope the Rams take Gholston.

falconsfan is offline Registered User

if the falcons draft matt ryan I am turning off the TV...well for about 5 minutes, until i vent to my fellow fans how dumb the front office is and that i should be the damn GM.

Tom D is too smart to take this average qb at 3.( i hope)

RamJackson39 is offline Registered User

See I'm confused on this front because before the season started Glenn Dorsey was hailed as the best defensive lineman available. Then because of an injury that he plays through (and plays extremely well through) he's now got competition from sedrick ellis for not the best defensive lineman but the best defensive tackle.

I believe that Dorsey should be the pick. I really like Long and would be happy with the selection, but I've always been an SEC guy and have had plenty of time to watch Dorsey blow up the Alabama offensive line.

What you get with Dorsey is the guy we havent had. Someone to plug up the middle on running downs and free up those athletic linebackers we have, and someone that can get in th backfield and get after the quarterback. It's rare that you find a DT that can do both things as well as he can. I just dont think you can pass on a talent like that. Especially when you have Carriker playing a position that he's not best suited for.
    The Roman and The Prince. Playmakers until the end.

Falconator Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamJackson39 View Post
    See I'm confused on this front because before the season started Glenn Dorsey was hailed as the best defensive lineman available. Then because of an injury that he plays through (and plays extremely well through) he's now got competition from sedrick ellis for not the best defensive lineman but the best defensive tackle.

I believe that Dorsey should be the pick. I really like Long and would be happy with the selection, but I've always been an SEC guy and have had plenty of time to watch Dorsey blow up the Alabama offensive line.

What you get with Dorsey is the guy we havent had. Someone to plug up the middle on running downs and free up those athletic linebackers we have, and someone that can get in th backfield and get after the quarterback. It's rare that you find a DT that can do both things as well as he can. I just dont think you can pass on a talent like that. Especially when you have Carriker playing a position that he's not best suited for.
    Regarding Chris Long/Glen Dorsey
    "things I think, I think"
    1. Glen Dorsey is better prospect
    2. Chris Long will have longer career
    3. Chris Long is in better shape
    4. Both have great character
    5. Glen Dorsey's injury history will come into play in his NFL career
    6. Rams like Dorsey's "ability" more than Chris Long
    7. Chris Long feels a more pressing need
    it just seems to me that Chris Long is the "safer" play due to reasons above - but "safe" does not always win out over "shoot-the-moon" pick which would be Dorsey....

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

someone that can get in th backfield and get after the quarterback.
    In 51 college games, Dorsey accumulated only 13 sacks and seven QB pressures. How well will he be able to get after the QB on the pro level when he had a hard time creating pressure and getting sacks on the collegiate level?

Especially when you have Carriker playing a position that he's not best suited for.
    Haslett (and many others) feel Carriker actually is best suited to the three-technique spot that he'd have to move from if the Rams drafted Dorsey.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12