throwback week

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: kiper projections for rams in round 2

general counsel is offline Registered User

kiper projections for rams in round 2

Kiper has the rams taking Cordy Glenn at 33, Janoris Jenkins at 39 and Lavonte David at 45. Frankly, i have no problem with that, although i think i would rather have rueben randle. Sure, we need wr, but we have a ton of holes and two of these three will be very productive and jenkins is the swing for the fences. Jenkins at 45 i have no problem with, but at 39, i would love randle if we go glenn at 33.

In my view, what the Rams need is a #1 receiver. Complimentary receivers are not what we need. If Fisher doesnt think that there is a potential #1 guy in this group that is left, i am fine passing for another year and building the team in other areas. Again, rome wasnt built in a day.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    HUbison, Rambos, ManofGod and 1 others like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: kiper projections for rams in round 2

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    Kiper has the rams taking Cordy Glenn at 33, Janoris Jenkins at 39 and Lavonte David at 45. Frankly, i have no problem with that, although i think i would rather have rueben randle. Sure, we need wr, but we have a ton of holes and two of these three will be very productive and jenkins is the swing for the fences. Jenkins at 45 i have no problem with, but at 39, i would love randle if we go glenn at 33.

In my view, what the Rams need is a #1 receiver. Complimentary receivers are not what we need. If Fisher doesnt think that there is a potential #1 guy in this group that is left, i am fine passing for another year and building the team in other areas. Again, rome wasnt built in a day.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    I wouldn't argue at all with those picks.

Well, I might a little......just because of all the chicken little nonsense that will be going on around here. But as you stated, if there's NOT a #1 receiver out there, why get another #2/3 when we have a shot at 3 starters. LG, CB, WLB.......3 filled positions in 3 picks. That's a heckuva draft by itself. Add to that a starting NT in the first......I couldn't complain.

I'd still like to see a WR in the 2nd, but no need to force it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

punahou is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post

Ramming speed to all

general counsel
    but the f o r t y n i n e r s were.

The whiners were NOT built in a day. They drafted a series of guys over time, got improved coaching, somehow performed an exorcism on alex smith, and got plenty of breaks last year. They were certainly not built in a day. THey have 8 pro bowlers on their roster that they drafted and that did not happen in one year.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    ManofGod and GROUND DOG 39 like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Hey I have no problem if this went down these are all day one starters IMO and that would make four new starters in two days.

The question is how much better would Randle whom I like make us vs adding these three and seeing what Pettis and Salas can do with a year under their belt. The fact is we did not get either of the two best projected WR, so do we need to pass on better players of need to force it?

If we have to get our franchise receives in next year draft so be it!

You the Man Fisher!

Whatever you do I'm good with it!

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Interesting Kiper I believe also stated the Rams HAD to take a WR in the second round in order to make the draft a success, after missing on Blackmon and Floyd...and then he has them not taking a WR in round 2? Um....yea.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

We lost our chance yesterday at a #1 WR.... Seems to me we are afraid to do what it takes to get a #1 .....I hope they address other holes with the next three picks.....

We are not afraid of anything. We are simply realistic about all the needs on the team. Does anyone seriously think that we are a #1 wide receiver away from being a really competitive team? We have more holes than the titanic right now and we are in the process of fixing them, they cant happen all at once, including wr.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    ManofGod likes this.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Have a difficult time believing the Rams could withstand the fan onslaught. They need to sell tickets and that means a WR somewhere in the second round.

I was always down on Blackmon, I don't think Randle is a massive step down from Blackmon. Both are true #2 type WRs who can do everything it takes to be a quality starter IMO.

From what I've read recently about Glenn, I'm doubtful he fits the Fisher mold. The knocks against him were that he quits on plays before the whistle when he thinks the play is past him. Hate that. The other is that he doesn't play with passion. With Fisher, I think the Rams will focus on passion type players ala James "the man in the middle" Laurinaitis.

jerseyramsfan is offline Registered User

Can't get one to come play for us through FA.... Sooner or later we gotta draft one.... Oh well maybe next year.... Like I said.... AFRAID!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

i like Randle but if the Rams brain trust don't then so be it. we could perhaps trade for someone after the draft with next years pick/s.

as for Kipers three i like Glenn and Jenkins at 45 but not so much David.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Cordy Glenn at 33, Janoris Jenkins at 39 and Lavonte David at 45 then take a flyer on Brian Quick at 66 if he is still on the board.

lostsoul is offline Registered User

This draft would be great if we can trade a 3rd rounder for Bowe from KC

mh-i is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by berg8309 View Post
    Interesting Kiper I believe also stated the Rams HAD to take a WR in the second round in order to make the draft a success, after missing on Blackmon and Floyd...and then he has them not taking a WR in round 2? Um....yea.
    Hopefully Kiper is as wrong today as he was yesterday.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Kiper steamrolled the Rams for not taking a WR first up yesterday. Interesting that he's changed his tune overnight.
    bruce4life likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast