Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ramhard is offline Registered User

Kiper and Shay in ESPN mock

In today's ESPN mock draft both Kiper and McShay had the Rams taking OT Jason Smith (both also had Detroit taking Stafford, so it wasn't a case of Curry being gone). They agreed on the top 3 picks Stafford, Smith, and then Curry.

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Re: Kiper and Shay in ESPN mock

I don't think that should be much of a surprise. Unless something big happens between now and the draft, 90% chance the Rams are taking a tackle at #2 overall. Curry this year is like Gholston last year - there might be people on the board here who really want him, but I think there's little chance he actually becomes a Ram (and in the case of Gholston, thank goodness!).

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Well I sure hope Kiper & Shay are correct.
    These are some of the Choices I like in Round 2.
    1: K. Britt WR
    2: E. ZIGGY Hood DT
    3: B. Robiski WR

tonyray05 is offline Registered User

My round 2 choices is:
    Brace or Hood

richtree is offline Registered User

Britt or Louis Murphy for WR in round 2

or

if a solid LB slips

D- Line in round 3

Sjax backup in round 4

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Weasel View Post
    I don't think that should be much of a surprise. Unless something big happens between now and the draft, 90% chance the Rams are taking a tackle at #2 overall. Curry this year is like Gholston last year - there might be people on the board here who really want him, but I think there's little chance he actually becomes a Ram (and in the case of Gholston, thank goodness!).
    I disagree with everything you said..... Strongly disagree

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    I think that we want to disagree but the facts are that the Rams are rebuilding to be a power running team (with Brown and Karney); and they will be in the trend of getting a LT to rebuild.(Thomas to browns, Long to fins, ect) As much as I don't like it, they will fall into it and pick a OT to sure-up the line and build the "core" of the team. I don't know if it is a good call, but on draft day I believe it will be said, "With the second overall pick the Rams select, (name here), offensive linemen from (school here).

eldfan is offline Registered User

Curry this year is like Gholston last year - there might be people on the board here who really want him, but I think there's little chance he actually becomes a Ram (and in the case of Gholston, thank goodness!).
    Nobody really knows how a player will perform after they are drafted. To say Curry will be like Gholston is just guessing. You can have concern about any player that is taken. I can say the Rams need to be worry about Jason Smith he did very well at the combine and he shoot near the top of our draft board. If he was not already in our radar beam as a # 2 pick I donít think a good workout should moved you to a # 2 spot.
    :ramlogo:

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    The fact of the matter is that LT is probably the 2nd most important position on the field, this class has several elite LT prospects, and the top of the draft is about the only place to get a top LT. Not only that, but our team is built around #39, and you don't give Jackson a monster contract like that without doing everything you can to surround him with the supporting cast he needs to succeed.

That is why NFL draft experts overwhelmingly have the Rams taking a tackle at #2 and why in all likelihood that's what will happen come April 25.

Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    Nobody really knows how a player will perform after they are drafted. To say Curry will be like Gholston is just guessing. You can have concern about any player that is taken. I can say the Rams need to be worry about Jason Smith he did very well at the combine and he shoot near the top of our draft board. If he was not already in our radar beam as a # 2 pick I donít think a good workout should moved you to a # 2 spot.
    I wasn't in any way trying to suggest that Curry will end up like Gholston. The only similarity I was attempting to draw is that I do not think the Rams ever seriously considered drafting Gholston last year, and I do not think they are going to seriously consider drafting Curry this year. Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Dave2oo2 View Post
    I think that we want to disagree but the facts are that the Rams are rebuilding to be a power running team (with Brown and Karney); and they will be in the trend of getting a LT to rebuild.(Thomas to browns, Long to fins, ect) As much as I don't like it, they will fall into it and pick a OT to sure-up the line and build the "core" of the team. I don't know if it is a good call, but on draft day I believe it will be said, "With the second overall pick the Rams select, (name here), offensive linemen from (school here).
    I agree with that. I see us taking a OT. With the cutting of Pace I think we have no choice. But the buyer beware Iím weary of these OTís.

The only similarity I was attempting to draw is that I do not think the Rams ever seriously considered drafting Gholston last year, and I do not think they are going to seriously consider drafting Curry this year. Just my 2 cents, I could be wrong...
    I agree with that. The draft process is miss direction not showing your real hand but we donít have a good poker face right now everyone know we need a LT after cutting Pace.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I've said something similar before but I swear I think this happens. Here is Bill Devaney talking to reporters up until draft day.

"Hey Bernie, you know that Curry kid can play. He's VERY high on our board". wink wink
    "You know something Howard Balzer, I gotta say we are really excited about Jason Smith."
    "Brian Burwell, when is the last time you talked to Eugene Monroe? You better."
    "Jeff Gordon, have you talked to Brian Orakpo lately? He's gaining traction at Rams Park."
    "Well, what's up Jim Thomas? What am I doing, talking to Michael Crabtree's agent." shove shove

ecuram18 is offline Registered User

These guys are gonna start taking trips to St. Louis to meet with the coaching staff. There definitely is no for sure decision on who we are going to pick right now. Maybe when Spags sits down with Curry and looks over game films they will fall for each other. Maybe not. It's really too early to tell and I still think it's 50/50 on what we will be taking Curry or Monroe/Smith

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    I've said something similar before but I swear I think this happens. Here is Bill Devaney talking to reporters up until draft day.

"Hey Bernie, you know that Curry kid can play. He's VERY high on our board". wink wink
    "You know something Howard Balzer, I gotta say we are really excited about Jason Smith."
    "Brian Burwell, when is the last time you talked to Eugene Monroe? You better."
    "Jeff Gordon, have you talked to Brian Orakpo lately? He's gaining traction at Rams Park."
    "Well, what's up Jim Thomas? What am I doing, talking to Michael Crabtree's agent." shove shove
    Exactly!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast