Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    max
    max is offline Registered User

Kiper's latest mock

Just saw Kiper's latest mock flash across my screen on espn.

He has the Rams picking Ted Ginn, with Jamaal Anderson and Adam Carriker still on the board.

What do you all think about that?

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Kiper's latest mock

I think his hair looks great, but if he thinks that we are going to take ginn with jamaal anderson on the board, i think that

a) he is rowing with one oar in the water
    b) His spool is unwinding
    c) The lights are on but no one is home
    d) He is several cards short of a full deck

What i would like to ask him is whether thats what HE would do if he had the rams team and those other guys were still on the board. That makes no sense at all to me. He must be the president of the james hall fan club.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't think that the pick is that surprising. He's an excellent KR and a pretty good WR. Bruce is getting up there, Holt is coming up on his 8th year and Bennett is just a 3rd WR. Why not?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

He is clearly coo-coo for

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Well, we went and spent a boat load of unnecessary money on a 3rd WR in Bennett.....so if this regime drafts a WR it would not surprise me one iota.

sparker is offline Registered User

Actually Kiper's not the only so called draft expert that has us taking Ginn. I've seen it on a couple of other sites as well. Remember, alot of these drafts are based on taking the BPA regardless of position unless they are rated equal. Kiper thinks, and I'm just guessing here, that at the 13th slot Ginn is fair better than any defensive player in his ratings. So he said Rams will need to replace Bruce in next year or so, Holt getting older and having injury problems, Bennett lacks separation speed for a deep threat so Ginn makes sense. Plus the Rams return game has been horrible of late.

That's not to say I want Ginn, but if he's the highest player on the draft board in the Rams war-room and no players at positions of need are even close, then either draft Ginn or trade down.

general counsel is offline Registered User

What bothers me about kipper is the way he moves guys up and down his draft board in what i consider arbitrary fashion. Sure bruce and holt are getting up in age, but we have a prolific offense right now and many holes on defense. I cant believe that anyone claims that ginn is another level of player up from either carriker, anderson or for that matter hall the cb from michigan. At one point, anderson was 6 on mels top 25 big board. The guy hasnt played a game since. He does he fall below 13 for a team that at least today has the same long term need at both the de and wr position but no short term need at wr while a considerable short term hole at the defensive end spot.

I like the return possibilities, but i think that its less impactful to the rams than the defensive players.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

What bothers me about kipper is the way he moves guys up and down his draft board in what i consider arbitrary fashion. Sure bruce and holt are getting up in age, but we have a prolific offense right now and many holes on defense. I cant believe that anyone claims that ginn is another level of player up from either carriker, anderson or for that matter hall the cb from michigan. At one point, anderson was 6 on mels top 25 big board. The guy hasnt played a game since. He does he fall below 13 for a team that at least today has the same long term need at both the de and wr position but no short term need at wr while a considerable short term hole at the defensive end spot.

(can't argue that.....he is easily moved by Pro day's, team spin, etc. I think that there is a good chance if Anderson or carriker are highly rated on the rams board they would take him over Ginn. The problem is we base things on what we read from other sources. The Rams may have Ginn #5 for all we know on there board. That's the factor no one considers. We can't see how the Rams are stacking there board.)

I like the return possibilities, but i think that its less impactful to the rams than the defensive players.

(don't tell that to the Bears who won 3 games because of the return game last year)

LOL......of course they wan about 10 others with Defense.

RamsNation is offline Registered User

i'm sorry, i'm not a big ginn fan at all, not as far as WR, and in my opinion he doesnt warrant a 1st round pick.i'll be sick if we pick him at 13, especially since we now have bennett, who is more than a 3rd WR, and can get deep from time to time,and according to his contract,money wise, is the heir to bruce's throne. take the best player on defense or trade down, like someone mentioned up there earlier.

Country is offline Registered User

A WR would be a wasted pick, the needs at DT out weigh a kick returner and alright reciever.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I suspect Kiper has us taking Ginn over Carriker and Anderson because he feels it's a better value pick. On his last big board, Ginn is ranked 10th while Anderson (16) and Carriker (17) are further down. So from Kiper's standpoint, it's the better value.

That being said, Ginn does not rank higher on my board than Anderson or Carriker, and would be a questionable pick IMO should we go that route. Even if Ginn runs well at his private workout, we all know he has speed so I don't think that's going to affect his position on my draft board nor do I think it should suddenly affect his position on the board of others.

In the end, I don't think Ginn is going to be the best player available @ 13 so even if that's the strategy we're going with I don't think he's the pick. I'm sure the Rams would like to add to the return game, but there's more than one player in this draft capable of doing that.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I am surprise that Anderson is dropping so much. Any have a clue as to why he's dropping.

keith m. klink Guest

well , mel doesn't know value at all , because i was at K-MART yesterday, and their spring flyer has a coupon for 1/2 off a CARRIKER when you buy a pretzle and a softdrink . MEL is a MOE, with a HO HO in front of it . HE SMOKES CRACK .

max
    max is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I suspect Kiper has us taking Ginn over Carriker and Anderson because he feels it's a better value pick. On his last big board, Ginn is ranked 10th while Anderson (16) and Carriker (17) are further down. So from Kiper's standpoint, it's the better value.
    I kind of looked at it the same way but much more critical of Kiper. He had Ginn at #22 a couple of weeks ago and then for no concrete reason (Ginn did nothing) he moved Ginn up to #10. Now Kiper has to justify his move, so he pegs him at #13 to the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    That being said, Ginn does not rank higher on my board than Anderson or Carriker, and would be a questionable pick IMO should we go that route. Even if Ginn runs well at his private workout, we all know he has speed so I don't think that's going to affect his position on my draft board nor do I think it should suddenly affect his position on the board of others.

In the end, I don't think Ginn is going to be the best player available @ 13 so even if that's the strategy we're going with I don't think he's the pick. I'm sure the Rams would like to add to the return game, but there's more than one player in this draft capable of doing that.
    The big question here is whether the Rams board agrees with Kipers or yours. And as much as I have been a fan of Ginn (it was a fun thread), I'm betting the Rams board agrees more with yours.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast