keith m. klink Guest

KLINK'S last 2008 mock #V .

This will be my last one , this has been fun and we'll see the results this weekend . have fun and here are to all the guy's we are rooting for the RAMS to draft . These will be mine . NO TRADES .

1, #2 - C. LONG - DE , VIRGINIA . (Would love to flop w/ ATL. for xtra pick , but DORSEY was the bait .)

2, #33- J. MAYO -LB , TENNESSEE. ( This is our plug in starter , unless CULBERSON beats him out in camp, but still needed and be used ALOT)

3, #65- D. AVERY - WR , HOUSTON . ( SPEED )

4, #101- K. LANGFORD -DE/DT , HAMPTON . ( If drafted by the RAMS will be plugged right into the rotation of DT's with GLOVER -A.C - RYAN . )

5, #137- K.BARTON - OT , OHIO ST. ( Good dept pickup to start in as #3 or #4 TACKLE , good value )

6, #168- K. LICHTENSTEIGER - C , BOWLING GREEN . ( To be able to get a solid player who can play anywhere on the inside line in the 6th round would be a great pickup.)

6, #180-V. REDD -LB/DE , LIBERTY .( This guy at 6'5 263lb , runs 4.82 could be the next coming of L.LITTLE . REALLY )

7, #217- T.C. OSTRANDER - QB , STANFORD . ( Strong , smart , can make all the NFL throws , and throws well on the run. His size 6'2 and 221lbs is almost that of the KW, QB , 99SB MVP. Good developemental pick.

7, #252- J.COLLINS - FB , WASH.ST . ( THE ANSWER we were looking for at FB. 6'2 254 , has played defense also and is a special teams kinda guy .)

That is it for me . I like most have made changes over and over . I feel i hit the needs of the team with a value acceptable to what i feel they can use . GO RAMS .

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Re: KLINK'S last 2008 mock #V .

Good job on going out with the final mock. I'm glad you see that we need Chris Long. Great job once again.

I like Avery in the third.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Well done, Klink!

That said, I don't think Jerod Mayo lasts until 33. He's been predicted to go as high as 15 in some mock drafts.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I love the first three works for me.

ENN107 is offline Registered User

id be extremely satisfied with this draft

eric2810 is offline Registered User

If the first three happen, than thats a great mock. Mayo has to slid however..Dan Connor could be a fit there too.

chipperjones is offline Registered User

Very nice....I love the first four...and Redd...I too think he could be a Little type player.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Love Mayo on the week side or possibly the middle but not relay with spoon in the picture. SLB is possibly Mayo weakest position. A guy like Curtis Lofton might be a good choice who can play SLB or play in the middle

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

After further review; I do think passing on OT until round 5 could come back to bite us. I like avery where it is, but Duane Brown or Sam Baker might be a better fit in round 2.

keith m. klink Guest

Thanks for the feedback , I do have most of the guy's your talking about on my 3-man board but i felt where the RAMS were picking i was trying to balance need ans value .

The MAYO pick at #33 , I see him being there . I know he is shooting up boards all over , but i think that RIVERS , CONNOR and LOFTON are going before him . thats just me!
    and i feel he will best fit on the outside , leaving SPOON where he is .

I totally understand the TACKLE pick wanted early ( 2nd or 3rd rd.) and i really wanted to walk away with 3 O-Linemen and 2 DE's . Ifelt that the picks for the T and C were really good value for those players and until i'm told PACE is done before the draft , i'll wait till next year for a very high pick to replace him .

At DE , they would have LONG . LANGFORD would add weight to be a DT to mix right in the rotation at DT, but could still be used at DE ( which is what he is now ) and REDD is a big LB and would best fit as a edge rushing DE .

Shan the Ram Man is offline Registered User

Good Job Klink !

No Trade down Darn!

I've been on several Web sites looking for info on Vince Redd OLB . All I have found was he is 6'6" , 266 pounds and from Virginia .
    Leave Langford at DE . We need all the DE we can get . Leonard Little is the only Ram DE worth keeping . Adayu can help on running downs .

Only 1 WR !

Ramer is offline Registered User

Good job keith m. klink. I would really be excited with this draft.

keith m. klink Guest

I'll keep on stopping in with some explainations on some of these as i can . SHAN , i really think that the DORSEY thing is for ATL. to take bait . and would love for the RAMS to do so for the extra pick and still take LONG in a swap .

as for the 1 receiver , most of this draft season i had the rams taking 2 . But i put a differant value on what that position needed . i'll explain ! ( 1 st ) theRAMS need a speed slot receiver (speed ) . But are very excited about D. STANLEY and still have alot of hope for HAGANS to be speed /slot guy's.
    With those 2 , HOLT/ BENNETT , and HALL , CALDWELL , WILLIAMS . I think that 1 will do it with other needs being looked at .

The receivers i was looking at and the round i would select based on value and needs AND PICK #.

2ND . L. SWEED
    3RD . D. AVERY
    . E. ROYAL
    . A. CALDWELL
    4TH . W. FRANKLIN
    5TH . K . BURTON
    . P . HUBBARD
    7TH . S. JOHNSON

These were the receivers i targeted , i felt that they were a good mix of speed and talent , and feel they could be great value to the teams needs .