keith m. klink Guest

KLINK'S last 7rd draft .

i will go with what we have on the board as of now . you all know that i believe that on draft day , the ram's are trading down to the botton to recoup picks traded away , and to target JUSTIN HARRELL . but as of now .

1st , #13 - ADAM CARRIKER - DL

2nd , #52 - TIM CROWDER - DE

3rd , #84 - TURK McBRIDE -DT

4th , #117- CHRIS HENRY -RB

5th , trade to K.C.

6th , #190 - DARREN STONE -S

7th , trade to miami

7ths , #248 -LeROY HARRIS - C/G

7ths , #249 -JEFF SZMARDZIA -WR- notre dame , for someone to not use a 7th round pick on this kid is idiotic . if baseball doesn't work out for him , this is a first round talent , and if it came to fruition , steal of the draft .

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: KLINK'S last 7rd draft .

1st , #13 - ADAM CARRIKER - DL is he going to play DT for us? In this draft...

LARAM is offline Registered User

That is not a bad idea for the 7th round pick....I would never had thought it....I wonder if other teams are thinking of the Notre Dame WR......Josh Booty is an example of player that did that a few years ago, But he went back to college

RamsNation is offline Registered User

I also think that if Okoye doesnt fall to us, and we don't trade for jenkins, that we will trade down just like you said for picks and Harrell. I also see what youre saying about Samardzija, but I am to afraid that we would give up someone like Setterstrom if we waste a 7th round pick on someone who isn't a football player anymore. Great idea though I wouldnt do it. Just my opinion.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

carriker is horrible

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    carriker is horrible
    To make a statement like that about a potential top 15 pick is just nuts. This is a guy who's proven his motor, his heart, his abilities as a pass rusher and as a run stopper throughout his entire college career, and you want to dis the man without backing it up?

What possible reason do you have for saying something like that?

Or for saying it in relation to a Rams draft choice? We are all aware that our biggest need is along the defensive line, be it a defensive end, or ideally a nose tackle. AND THIS IS A MAN WHO HAS THE CAPABILITY TO DO BOTH? Yet you still criticise.

Were you trying to evoke this type of reaction?

There is no player in the draft, for that matter, that I'd call horrible. All have their ups and their downs, but nobody is downright horrible...if they were, why in the world would they declare for the draft?

Carriker is a beast, fills potentially two prominent needs, and personally I'd be thrilled to have him in the horns. :l

keith m. klink Guest

CARRIKER , is 6'6 and 295 + lbs , his speed , strength , and agility is awsome for a man his size . ( hell , his short suttle was 4.19 , when most defensemen would be considered great with a 4.7 ,4.8 . LB's who get 4.5 , are considered quick . and he was faster than all the LB's at the combines , i believe . he is the BEST , and i will REPEAT , the BEST all around defensive lineman in this draft . he can and would play any line position , and succeed . he is that good . there might be better run stoppers , or end rushers , but all around lineman , just look at the film . this guy is THE CAT'S A** , IN CAMP COMFORT .
    Last edited by HUbison; -04-27-2007 at 12:20 PM.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    carriker is horrible
    So horrible that he doesn't even make it #13 for us to draft anyway. :x
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Unfortunately I have a feeling that the ****** might take Carriker.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

keith m. klink Guest

if the winers take him , my television will be covered , and i mean covered with pizza and wings .

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

A couple of comments...

-I assume that since you have us going DE in round two, that means Carriker is moving inside to play three-technique. If that's the case, what's the point in the McBride pick?

-Henry in the fourth is good, and Stone in the sixth is solid though I'm tempted to think we look more towards a CB than a safety after signing Johnson.

-I seriously doubt Leroy Harris is there in round seven. He could sneak onto the first day but should be gone no later than the fifth round IMO.

-Jeff Samardzija, eh. Someone will probably spend a pick on him, but I'm not sure it should be us. You can still find guys in the late rounds who can contribute early (Setterstrom, Colston) so throwing a pick away on a guy playing baseball just doesn't do much for me.