Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    keith m. klink Guest

KLINK's mock III.2 , cuz i had to mister !

You guy's hurt my feeling when i went off on my CRAZY draft . and so of you LIKED IT . i really thought that the 1-2 pick of LONG and Q. GROVES would really improve the rams , and i still do . BUT here is an even kieled way i tried to look at it , as i would if i was drafting for a team .

here we go .

1st - C.LONG - DE - gotta have it .

2ND- C. NICKS- OT- gotta have it 2. he should push starter BARRON. nice.

3RD- D. AVERY- WR - GHI -3 . RAMS size receiver 5-10 / 6.0 , 180 , SPEED.

4TH- C. JACKSON- CB- blockbuster trade ? BROWN's reliability ? insurance !

5TH- J. SULLIVAN-C - ROMBERG anyone ? is FRY our C or G depth .BIGJOHN

6TH- D. JACKSON- WR - small school , big talent . a 2nd speed guy if its ok.

6TH-J. LEMAN- MLB - a bit slow , but a heart player, this could be a steal .

7TH- W. WOODYARD -S -this kid is just the same. a heart player. love em.

O.K. guy's , i tried again , i had a real tuff time taking off players i thought we should get and replacing them with more of a need thingy.

2nd rd - i liked SWEED-WR , D. THOMAS -WR
    3RD RD- T.HILLS-T
    4TH RD- E. AINGE - QB , J. GRECO- OL
    6TH RD- M. GIBSON- OT/OG

so i hope this was more the style you guy's were looking for . GREAT DAY'S AHEAD .

7TH- W. WOODYARD- S

chiguy is offline Registered User

Re: KLINK's mock III.2 , cuz i had to mister !

Much more sensible, if you ask me. I doubt we take another center if we sign one and I'm willing to bet we draft a QB too. I also think your thoughts on a FB were reasonable last time, just that we won't be doing it in the 4th round.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

I like this much more Klink, though my one gripe(yes, you can never make me happy :-) ) would only be the two WR's. It provides insurance and provides pressure for Hagans and Stanley to work in camp, but with depth needs at LB and the need for a better FB, I might look to LB the round sooner, at FB, or even more line help for either side.

The safety class sucks so if you can find a quality one in the 7th, you're better than most of the football world, but hey, 7th rounder are supposed to be gambles.

keith m. klink Guest

That was pulling me , the whole qb thing . I WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER ON flacco IN THE 2ND IF HE WAS THERE . and i would have even put AINGE in there in the 4th rd . but everuone was jumping all over me for wanting a QB with more pressing needs . maybe QB is o.k. Idon't think so .

as for a FB , yes we could draft one but i think we are going to grab a veteran to start in front for JACKSON to make him comfortable , and maybe a late pick 6th- 7th rd , or FA rookie pickups .

And yes it looks like we could bring in a vet , but we have had time and chances . we wanted FAINE- he's gone , we can grab WEIGMAN or HARTWIG but i didn't hear any interest from any sources .
    So i think we are drafting one by the 5th rd. just my thought's on it . it's still a work in progress but i'll keep pluggin .

THANKS for your support !
    Last edited by keith m. klink; -03-15-2008 at 02:10 PM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    That was pulling me , the whole qb thing . I WOULD PULL THE TRIGGER ON flacco IN THE 2ND IF HE WAS THERE . and i would have even put AINGE in there in the 4th rd . but everuone was jumping all over me for wanting a QB with more pressing needs . maybe QB is o.k. Idon't think so .

as for a FB , yes we could draft one but i think we are going to grab a veteran to start in front for JACKSON to make him comfortable , and maybe a late pick 6th- 7th rd , or FA rookie pickups .

And yes it looks like we could bring in a vet , but we have had time and chances . we wanted FAINE- he's gone , we can grab WEIGMAN or HARTWIG but i didn't hear any interest from any sources .
    So i think we are drafting one by the 5th rd. just my thought's on it . it's still a work in progress but i'll keep pluggin .

THANKS for your support !
    This is a great mock Klink. Great job.

I think that this one (if we made it happen) is worth dying for. Even if C Long isnt there at 2, we can still snag Gholston.

keith m. klink Guest

THANKS MOOSE ! but i still think the rams are gonna do something just way off of what we are thinking . i just have that feeling that with all the new changes ( DEVANEY for one ) that something is up . i think they are grabbing a QB and early . ( rds 2-4 ) call me MAD COW .

i'm readying myself for a trade down and them targeting someone we just are not seeing . we all have such high hopes for the killer draft and i just don't want all that talent up there to slip by for some RAMS reason .

i think we all had enough of the KLOP - BYRD - ALSTON kinds of drafting . i mean really !
    just look at this 2006 mess . 2nd - KLOP 3RDa- WROTEN 3RDb -ALSTON 3RDc -BYRD . that is the meat of the draft and we got garbage , DEVANEY should hopefully even things up for us .

I'm hoping as well Klink, but I disagree with the early QB. We have two high priced ones and with a lot of teams leaving the third QB to the practice squad, we'd have hold three on our active roster because we wouldn't afford to lose a high draft pick to another team when we waived him to the practice squad. We'll look in a year or two.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    I'm hoping as well Klink, but I disagree with the early QB. We have two high priced ones and with a lot of teams leaving the third QB to the practice squad, we'd have hold three on our active roster because we wouldn't afford to lose a high draft pick to another team when we waived him to the practice squad. We'll look in a year or two.
    If we do bad Tebow will be available here in 2 years.

I don't know. I think Daveney will bring us a good draft this year. I'm not stressing out. If the first three picks are good, I think we can make it.

keith m. klink Guest

I just get so ppeeeeddddd offfff when they get to the 3-4-5-6 when they can actually get some good players and they go off on this project / talent too good crap and the whole draft turns into a 1-trick pony . i want a solid draft .

also look at the GIANTS ( and i don't want any of this THEY have more talent across the board crap ) look at their draft just last year . all 7 rd picks made the team and contributed and 6-7 i think played in the superbowl . yes if a team can use all of their draft picks , YES the talent differance is going to be huge .

AND the nfl and everyone else was going nuts that the GIANTS were stockpiling DE . i wanted the rams to grab J. TUCK but noooooooo . and now this COPPYCAT NFL will see many teams doing that this year to be like the giants , because they had success at it .

I agree Kilnk, I'm sure a bunch of teams will try to stockpile pass rush talent, and with good reason. Look at the pass rushers available in free agency this year. Pass rushers just don't get let go anymore. And we could certainly use multiple young pass rushers, but we have so many other needs that I think that unless we get real lucky both in the draft and on the injury front that we're a couple years from making a playoff run. Thankfully, by then, the Seachickens should be fully on the decline and hopefully the whiners will still be sucking. I don't have faith that Arizona can rebound faster than us either.

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by keith m. klink View Post
    I just get so ppeeeeddddd offfff when they get to the 3-4-5-6 when they can actually get some good players and they go off on this project / talent too good crap and the whole draft turns into a 1-trick pony . i want a solid draft .

also look at the GIANTS ( and i don't want any of this THEY have more talent across the board crap ) look at their draft just last year . all 7 rd picks made the team and contributed and 6-7 i think played in the superbowl . yes if a team can use all of their draft picks , YES the talent differance is going to be huge .

AND the nfl and everyone else was going nuts that the GIANTS were stockpiling DE . i wanted the rams to grab J. TUCK but noooooooo . and now this COPPYCAT NFL will see many teams doing that this year to be like the giants , because they had success at it .
    Yea you guys remember way back when that Brady kid came out? I was saying you got to be stupid not to grab him, but no the ram's front office let him slip past us.... Hindsight is 20/20 buddy

keith m. klink Guest

THAT'S IT !!! HINDSIGHT . the RAMS are a year behind everyone else , and thats why we can't draft , we can't even get this team on the same year let alone the same page .
    no wonder i feel like i have a staggering case of ADD .

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

First off, nice mock. I could live with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    look at the GIANTS ( and i don't want any of this THEY have more talent across the board crap )
    Unfortunately, that does not make it any less true. They really are better up and down the roster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith
    look at their draft just last year . all 7 rd picks made the team and contributed and 6-7 i think played in the superbowl
    It was an outstanding draft for them, in depth if nothing else. All 8 of their picks were on the roster this year, and 7 of the 8 got into the Super Bowl (Adam Koets was inactive for the SB)
    AND the nfl and everyone else was going nuts that the GIANTS were stockpiling DE
    Maybe I've missed it, but I haven't seen anyone blowing up at the Giants for stockpiling DEs. They've had Strahan for the last 100 years, drafted Osi in '03, Tuck in '05, and Kiwi in '06. Who knew Strahan would stick around? Tuck and Kiwi were to replace Strahan, but he decided to stick around. It's a good problem to have, you know?
    now this COPPYCAT NFL will see many teams doing that this year to be like the giants , because they had success at it .
    But Keith, the Giants didn't do anything unusual. Every team has 4 or 5 DEs on the roster. It's just that the Giants did a great job of getting good ones. It's nothing new; just good drafting.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

keith m. klink Guest

AAAAAAHHHH GOODDDDD DDDRRRAFTING , i know they thought that STRAHAN might go so they grabbed KIWANUKA i think , right ! but that didn't keep them from holding on to some laege contracts . BUT i meant by the remark the NFL and everyone else , i meant that after the giants made their run and everyone saw how the d-line positioned them time and time again to win games , teams started the rumblin . it wasn't even an issue until the giants 2nd half run .

And as for the stockpile of DE's , i think anyone of them could be starters on any team , and we got BUBKUS , i'm just jeolous .

And thanks for the info HUB , it is always a pleasure when your in the conversation . You always seem to have some great info to go along with the subject .

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

i'm just jeolous
    Aren't we all, Keith. Aren't we all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast