Thread: Kyle Rudolph TE

Bing69 is offline Registered User

Kyle Rudolph TE

I was reading an interesting article saying how if Kyle Rudoplh was sitting there in the 2nd round when the Rams pick they should take him. He has the elite skills you look for in that position, and some believe he is a better receiving target than Gresham and Pettigrew taken in previous years. With Illinois Mike injury concern unclear (he may or may not be able to complete a full season), Onobun still raw and developing, Bajema just a solid team player, and Fells inconsistency (we could also loose him in FA) it might not be such a bad idea.

I know there are other ways to go with this pick, but he might just be the BPA at that stage. We have managed to get 2 first round talents in the 2nd the last 2 years (J-Lau and Saffold) and it would certainly make the offense more threatening. Having Rudoplh, Big mike, Bajema / Onobun would be a nice trio. Add to the fact if we get Rice , or V-Jax, or Julio Jones our offense would be looking pretty sweet.

I personally have no problem with the pick if it happens, but we dont know whos coming and going in FA.

Whats the general thought on Rudoplh from you guys??

Judaxi is offline Registered User

Re: Kyle Rudolph TE

I personally like the idea of a healthy legit TE. Correct me if I am wrong though, doesn't McD not use Te's alot in his system? When he was in NE they never had TE's that they used and when he went to Den he traded away his star TE and I don't ever remember hearing about another TE emerging. In fact looking at the Stats:

Den 2010: Leading receiving TE had 18 for 148 yards.
    Den 2009: Leading receiving TE had 31 for 416 yards (Scheffler)
    NE 2008: Leading receiving TE had 22 for 209 yards
    NE 2007: Leading receiving TE had 33 for 389 yards

So looking at that it doesn't look like TE is a huge part of his offense, so to really answer your question I would say pass on taking a TE that high. We could find someone who will contribute more with that pick.

Good point. I suppose it depends on what direction McD wants to go with our offense. Judging by the numbers we wouldnt need a top tier TE to make it work.

To me Rudoplh is one of those guys you cant help but like, and feel that he'll have a solid nfl career. Kinda reminds me of Gronkowski, and as you say the Pats never really used TEs before (although that was with McD as offensive co). I just dont have faith in Big mike staying healthy for too long. I do hope he proves me wrong

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

No thanks, I will take a pass. Hoomanwanui probably would have been one of the biggest draft steals of the year if he wasn't injured. He had 2 unlucky ankle injuries, although when he was in, he did nothing but make a big impact. He is a very complete tight end. I have so much faith in this kid its unbelievable. Also, I would rather go so many different ways over TE in round 2, something with a glaring hole. (OG, OLB).

Dave2oo2 is offline Registered User

Seems like a good pick to me, he seems like a good TE but what type of offensive does McD run? Ohhhh..... and I drafted this guy on Madden and he is a stud TE on the game so that makes him good in real life, right?

He had 2 unlucky ankle injuries
    ----------------------------

He had injuries all the way through college. I like Big Mike, hes a great package, but i have serious doubts he can stay healthy. He hasnt shown he can at any point of his career so far (college and nfl)