THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

LaCanfora: *****, Rams could be interested in VJax

Per Rotoworld

NFL Network's Jason LaCanfora suggests the ***** and Rams as two suitors for free agent Vincent Jackson this offseason.

The Niners desperately need a vertical threat opposite Michael Crabtree while the Rams need to rebuild their wide receiver corps for Sam Bradford. "Those are the kind of teams I could see trying to go big for Vincent Jackson," said LaCanfora. The Chargers have indicated that V-Jax will not be franchised, but they are now open to a long-term deal.
    Just a suggestion, I know. But thought I would throw it up here. Glad to minimally hear us being mentioned.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Re: LaCanfora: *****, Rams could be interested in VJax

Now we all know that man wants to get PAID, are we willing to break the bank for him?

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Would prefer the cheaper alternative of 2 years younger Bowe or 1 year younger Colston. If we pick up Blackmon, we won't need Vincent. The combo with Blackmon/Danny/Bowe or Colston/Kendricks will turn out to be clutch

THOLTFAN81 is offline Registered User

Agreed, I am not that crazy either with our cap situation. Just glad to see we would minimally be in the mix and kicking the tires.

RuffRams is offline Registered User

Yeah, no question about that. That is always good news and better view towards Kroenke and his willingness to spend. I would be bummed if the 9ers get him though, especially if Peyton is throwing to him.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

We haven't been able to stretch the field for many, many years. If Lloyd goes, we should heavily pursue Colston, Bowe, or Jackson. I dont care, their all talented in their own ways.

BarronWade is online now Registered User

I say we should break the bank for this guy yes he is older than Colston and bowe but remember he did not play much his rookie year and he held out a majority last year

Let me tell you about 1 very telling stat Yards per catch: (career)

Colston 13.9
    Bowe 13.8
    Jackson 17.5

Another 1 receptions: (career)

Colston 449
    Bowe 356
    Jackson 272

Jackson might be older but has certainly has not been hit as much as Colston and Bowe...HUGE reciever 6-5 230 pounds let him rip the top off the defense and give Blackmon 1 on 1 match ups to start his career while having Salas and Amendola work the middle and get that YAC

One other stat important to Fisher taking care of the ball V-Jax has only fumbled once in his career...rather have us throw to V-Jax then have our CBs cover him twice a year

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by THOLTFAN81 View Post
    Agreed, I am not that crazy either with our cap situation. Just glad to see we would minimally be in the mix and kicking the tires.
    I thought we were supposed to be something like $34 million under for 2012 at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post
    I say we should break the bank for this guy yes he is older than Colston and bowe but remember he did not play much his rookie year and he held out a majority last year
    Being hit isn't the problem unless you've got bad knees or something. More often the problem is that your top gear just isn't what it used to be as you get into your thirties.

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Goldenfleece, no, we'll get like $34M under the cap next year when Long and Smith are both off the books. This year we only have about $10M and have very few linebackers and running backs under contract, as well as the need at WR.

Simply put, we don't have the cap room to be abe to fill all of these holes with star players, especially with ones who are looking for nothing more than to get paid. VJax is an inconsistant player who lacks motivation outside of a new contract. Pass on him.

Now, what does favor us is that there are a lot of high profile receivers out there, so we can probably pick one of the top up and coming guys at a very reasonable price tag, which is why I am thinking Meachem could be a very solid pick up. He's a burner and has certainly made his share of plays in a very fluid receiver situation in NO. Plus, he's younger than any of the three mentioned above.
    I believe!

RamsSB99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by TekeRam View Post
    Goldenfleece, no, we'll get like $34M under the cap next year when Long and Smith are both off the books. This year we only have about $10M and have very few linebackers and running backs under contract, as well as the need at WR.
    I could see us having much more money to spend then that when they start cutting players and restructuring others.