Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By AvengerRam
  • 2 Post By general counsel
  • 1 Post By laram0

Thread: Lande: Richardson is Rams' first choice

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Lande: Richardson is Rams' first choice

Take it for what it's worth, but Sporting News' Russ Lande slipped this nugget into his Monday mock draft...

6. St. Louis Rams (from Washington): Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State

Our sources tell us the Rams' first choice is Richardson. But he is already off the board, so they grab Blackmon to give Sam Bradford an elite receiving weapon.
    The whole mock can be found here...

NFL mock draft 2012: Fourth QB makes way into Round 1 - NFL - Sporting News

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Re: Lande: Richardson is Rams' first choice

Yesssssss.... the illusion is complete!

Blackmon/Still 2012!
    I believe!

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Here's my problem with "reports" like this (apart from the lack of accountability associated with references to unnamed "sources"): do the Rams know who their first choice is yet? Several top prospects are scheduled to meet at Rams Park in the next few days. Are those meetings meaningless?

Sometimes I just want to take a "wake me up on draft day" approach and avoid all this nonsense.
    THOLTFAN81 and 39WillRunYaOva like this.

Rambos is offline Registered User

I think it would be so cool if the day after the draft all team would publish their boards. We fans spend time trying to connect the dots but it would be awesome to really know what direction our team is going to be built.

Our sources tell us the Rams' first choice is Richardson.
    I would really like to see the Rams board after the draft to out people like this...

On my board I too have Richardson higher but I don't have a "source" and also think he will be taken by the Browns.

general counsel is offline Registered User

There is absolutely no knowledgeable "source" within the rams organization that is going to tell anyone at all any confidential information. The only information leaked is disinformation (ie information that the teams want to get out to potentially influence others). It never ceases to amaze me how fans bite on the idea that particular reporters have information about team's draft preferences that is truly confidential. If its confidential, it won't be leaked, except in the rarest of circumstances, and in those cases, if the team finds out the employee is going to get fired.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    THOLTFAN81 and SWFCRAM like this.

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

My sources tell me this guy is full of it.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

My sources tell me I would be very happy with Richardson or Blackmon.
    HUbison likes this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    My sources tell me I would be very happy with Richardson or Blackmon.
    Ding, ding, ding! We have a winner.

A. Neither Russ Lande nor his sources have a freakin' clue who is #1 on the Rams board.

B. Richardson and Blackmon both represent a huge resource for Bradford and the offense.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

RealRam is offline Registered User

Another FWIW here...

2012 NFL Draft: Trent Richardson Slated As Rams' "First Choice"
    SB Nation / Bengals -- by Anthony Cosenza on Apr 10, 2012 2:38 PM ED

With the NFL turning into a passing league and many teams' devaluation of the running back position, some Bengals fans have been clinging to hope that Alabama's Trent Richardson would fall to the team at the No.17 spot in this month's draft. For a while it seemed like a probable scenario, as Richardson underwent a knee scope early this spring and the position has been taken later in the draft each consecutive year. With gems being found in rounds two through four in recent drafts, teams feel as though they can get a quality back at virtually any point in the draft.

Lately though, it seems as if the chatter about Richardson falling is dying down. He had an outstanding workout recently and is being touted as the best running back prospect since Adrian Peterson. Evan Silva of rotoworld.com and profootballtalk.com notes that the St. Louis Rams will spring at the chance to take Richardson if he's there at No.6.

As Silva notes in the actual article that's linked, Russ Lande was a former Rams scout before becoming one of the nation's preeminent draft experts. With that background, it's hard to imagine that he wouldn't have a good pulse on what the team is looking to do in the draft in a couple of weeks. This may come as a bit of a surprise because the Rams have a still-effective Steven Jackson on the roster, but he is entering his ninth season and Richardson would make sense, if only for the future of the franchise.

If you remember, the Rams had the No.2 overall selection in the draft, but traded down to No.6 with the Washington Redskins. Washington is looking like they will be selecting Robert Griffin III with that second overall pick. What's ironic is that the Cleveland Browns were one of the teams that were in talks with the Rams to trade up and now it would seem that the Rams and the Browns will likely shape how the first round will shake out. The most likely scenario is that those two teams will end up with Richardson or Oklahoma State wide receiver, Justin Blackmon.

Either way, don't expect Richardson to fall to the Bengals if they stay put. It sounds like Richardson will not make it out of the top ten, if not the top five spots in this year's draft.

RockinRam is online now Registered User

My best friend's mother's co-worker's son's girlfriend's uncle's second cousin's doctor's prostitute's sister's boyfriend's dad is a Ram's scout.

He said we are going after Richardson, and he's a worthy source. There was a doctor somewhere in that line, so it makes it a legitimate report.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RockinRam View Post
    My best friend's mother's co-worker's son's girlfriend's uncle's second cousin's doctor's prostitute's sister's boyfriend's dad is a Ram's scout.

He said we are going after Richardson, and he's a worthy source. There was a doctor somewhere in that line, so it makes it a legitimate report.
    What could we ever do to show our gratitude for such a great inside scoop?

The sad part is that "source" would still be more informed on the Rams than Bernie.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

There just cycling the top prospects around like a merry-go-round so they can write a different article every day. BUT .. Richardson would be my 1A choice, Blackmon 1B. one of them will be gone by then so ill be happy with either.as Avenger stated ... Time travel to draft day please ...