LARAM is offline Registered User

Laron Landry, LSU

Laron Landry......If left at #13 do we snatch him up? or not?

It looks like he's projected to go between the 7th and 12th pick and he will probably be gone before we pick anyway.........But what do we if falls to us......do we pass on him......I think if he's there we gotta take him. This guy is good and some people are talking Defensive rookie of the year next year. I heard that on ESPN last night. I am a big fan of LSU and followed him thoughout his 4 year career at LSU. This guy was the Starting safety for a top 5 defense four years in row, and played in the SEC. He's the best out there at his position.

I know D-Line is top priority, but this guy might be an exception......I'm kind of feeling we should trade down anyway and maybe pick up two D-linemen in the late 1st or 2nd round anyway or even someone like Kenny Irons for a back up to Steven Jackson......So i guess I'm saying Laron Landry at #13 or trade down for a late 1st and maybe two 2nd round picks

keith m. klink Guest

Re: Laron Landry, LSU

if he is the best player , you have to take him, linehan even said so. thats the only way you improve a team through the draft, the best players, and work around that. unless someone will give you much more value than what the pick is worth, and that position isn't a huge need, you trade it .

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I say take him. I think he will bring more to the table this year than any of the DL's on the board.

My 2 cents

I SAY WE TAKE HIM TOO..... YOU GOTTA THINK......CARDS, HAWKS, AND ***** ARE PRIMARILY GOING TO BE PASS HAPPY TEAMS THATS WHAT THEIR OFFENSES ARE GEARED TOWARDS....WE NEED TO SOLIDIFY OUR BACK SEVEN WITH THE BEST THERE IS IF WE WANT TO DOMINATE ON THE DEF SIDE IN THE NFC WEST. rEMEMBER IN THE TWO SEATTLE GAMES LAST YEAR OUR SECONDARY BURNED US IN THE END.

bruce4life is online now Registered User

good ole travis fisher couldnt stop anyone in those games.... tye hill didnt do well either

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I'm all for taking Landry in the first round. Any D stud from the SEC that is available, take him. That conference is the best there is and if someone comes out of there with that kind of pedigree, they're a player.

I'm under the impression that a DT can be had later in the draft. We haven't been too successful recently drafting DT's in the first round.

itsguud is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM View Post
    I SAY WE TAKE HIM TOO..... YOU GOTTA THINK......CARDS, HAWKS, AND ***** ARE PRIMARILY GOING TO BE PASS HAPPY TEAMS THATS WHAT THEIR OFFENSES ARE GEARED TOWARDS....WE NEED TO SOLIDIFY OUR BACK SEVEN WITH THE BEST THERE IS IF WE WANT TO DOMINATE ON THE DEF SIDE IN THE NFC WEST. rEMEMBER IN THE TWO SEATTLE GAMES LAST YEAR OUR SECONDARY BURNED US IN THE END.
    Two things:
    1. The whiners, Cards and Hawks all have execptional talent at RB and the whiners in particular are definitly going to use Gore more then anything else.
    2. Our secondary has been a let-down, especially in the games you mentioned, but I believe that has a lot to do with our terrible DL. We got NO, 0, pressure from the line. Little was doubled and... well thats pretty much the extent of our DL.

But at the same time, I think that either we take him if he's there at 13, or we shop the pick, cause a ton of other teams, Eagles for one, would love to get their hands on Landry. Perhaps we could get a DL with some proven ability for the pick/Landry if he was there.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I SAY WE TAKE HIM TOO..... YOU GOTTA THINK......CARDS, HAWKS, AND ***** ARE PRIMARILY GOING TO BE PASS HAPPY TEAMS THATS WHAT THEIR OFFENSES ARE GEARED TOWARDS....
    Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and Frank Gore... and their offenses are geared towards being pass happy? Not sure I'm seeing that one.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RealRam is online now Registered User

LaRon Landry, LSU, looks g-o-o-d!

I know D-Line is top priority, but this guy might be an exception... -- LARAM
    Agreed. IF we miss on our DT dreams at 13, go for Landry! :r

"Shaun Alexander, Edgerrin James, and Frank Gore... and their offenses are geared towards being pass happy? Not sure I'm seeing that one".....posted by Nick

I'm not an expert.....but hmmmmmmm...let me see

Seattle: Hasselbeck, and a buttload of WR"S.....Alexander didn't do nothing last year

Arizona: Leinert, Boldin, and Fitzgerald......Edgerrin who? and he did what last year"

*******: ALex smith, Vernon Davis and they are going big on WR in the draft.....It's what they are building right now that scares me.....and I'll give you Frank Gore, he dominated last year

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Seattle: Hasselbeck, and a buttload of WR"S.....Alexander didn't do nothing last year
    Alexander didn't do anything last year because he was injured, not because Seattle is changing their offensive philosophy. He's the focal point of that offense, they're not going pass heavy any time soon.

Arizona: Leinert, Boldin, and Fitzgerald......Edgerrin who? and he did what last year"
    Arizona does have better personnel at receiver than they do in the running game but they've added a head coach that came from a Pittsburgh offense that was very much predicated on having a strong running attack. They didn't bring Edgerrin James into town so that they could not use him. Let's remember that James did have 337 carries in his first year in Arizona, that's nothing to sneeze at.

*******: ALex smith, Vernon Davis and they are going big on WR in the draft.....It's what they are building right now that scares me.....and I'll give you Frank Gore, he dominated last year
    San Francisco has virtually nothing at receiver. Even if they add personnel in the draft, they have a Pro Bowl runner in the backfield who has already claimed he wants to eclipse the 2,000 yard mark in 2007. Obviously they're not going to be pass happy; the offense will very much feature Frank Gore as the main weapon.

I'm not saying we should pass on Landry if he's there. I'd love to have him on our team. But the idea that all of the other three NFC West teams are suddenly going to become pass happy when each of them features a Pro Bowl runner in the back field seems like a pretty big stretch to me.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

snowbozo21 is offline Registered User

If he is there at 13 then we should most certainly trade down. One, because we are already set at the safety position. O.J. is one of the better up and coming FS in the league right now.We do not need two stud FS's. Two, our greatest need is the DL not the secondary. Three we will be able to parlay a second or third round pick because I gurantee you if, Landry is there at 13 we will be able to trade down and pick someone up like a Jarvis Moss. And draft a DT in the 2nd or 3rd round like a Paul Soliai or a Ryan McBean.

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

If anyone here can guarantee any of the DL on the board will factor in the D this year I say ok lets get him. However, the realistic expectation on DL is give them 2-4 years to develop and then hope you have a play maker.

Landry makes perfect sense to me. He's a play maker and you can use him as a blitzer and hopefully he will not have to make tackles but if needed it seems he brings a punch.....

My question is should we take the 3rd,4th, or 5th best lineman and hope they develop into a player or go after the best Safety on the board add water and hope you get a S. Taylor or T. Polu??? type players. This kind of player can give the D a positive attitude and a change of attitude may just help the line play.....

Not to mention you can blitz with a safety and another good tackler in the backfield will not hurt....