Rambos is offline Registered User

Last draft before free agency

Off season

Cut Dahl and Wells let Saffold walk.

Sign

Jairus Byrd FS
    Alterraun Verne CB

Yeah I know this is very aggressive and expensive, but we received extra cap space with the bump and we can release two more players to create more space. The teams in the west will use the extra cap space to retain players we thought they could not afford so we better get serious if we want to compete with them. Redo JL and or C Long just make it happen.

We trade back one spot with the Jags and pick up a second round pick.

Draft

1A Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

1B Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

2A Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin

2B Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA

3 Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State

4 Anthony Johnson, DT, LSU

5 Phillip Gaines, CB, Rice

6 David Fales, QB, San Jose State

7 Henry Josey, RB, Missouri

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Last draft before free agency

Quote Originally Posted by rambos
    We trade back one spot with the Jags
    Out of curiosity, are the Jags doing this to make sure the Browns don't?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

fearsome foursome is offline Registered User

I would love it if this happened.

mde8352gorams is offline Registered User

That's what I like "gutsiness". A very aggressive FA posture, but if the salary cap jumps in the years ahead then we can make this work, doubtful that it will happen, but as I said, gutsy!

Nice mock, I would prefer Mike Evans over Watkins but not where we're picking, so it may require another trade down with say, Buffalo or Minnesota. I like Lewan because he's got the Jeff Fisher trait of nasty and chippy. Now you don't seriously think we're taking 2 OG's even though I know Filo can play OT, plus no way is Jackson there in round 3, and after the Combine Gaines is likely to go earlier than round 5. I like Borland too, but I hope he can make the move outside flawlessly. Prepare yourself if Barry Waller sees this, he may go nuts. HaHaHa.

Lastly, since we let Wells go is Jones or Barnes playing center? If this happens, we will shock the division and the league.

Go Rams!

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Out of curiosity, are the Jags doing this to make sure the Browns don't?
    Yeah, in the mock I went so aggressive in FA that I wanted to be somewhat conservative in a trade scenario. It does seem the market is soft right now for the QBs so the Jags could move to ensure they get the one they want.

Quote Originally Posted by mde8352gorams View Post
    That's what I like "gutsiness". A very aggressive FA posture, but if the salary cap jumps in the years ahead then we can make this work, doubtful that it will happen, but as I said, gutsy!

Nice mock, I would prefer Mike Evans over Watkins but not where we're picking, so it may require another trade down with say, Buffalo or Minnesota. I like Lewan because he's got the Jeff Fisher trait of nasty and chippy. Now you don't seriously think we're taking 2 OG's even though I know Filo can play OT, plus no way is Jackson there in round 3, and after the Combine Gaines is likely to go earlier than round 5. I like Borland too, but I hope he can make the move outside flawlessly. Prepare yourself if Barry Waller sees this, he may go nuts. HaHaHa.

Lastly, since we let Wells go is Jones or Barnes playing center? If this happens, we will shock the division and the league.

Go Rams!
    Yeah I agree not likely to happen.

Now you don't seriously think we're taking 2 OG's even though I know Filo can play OT

Yeah I do think we need to rebuild the interior of the line. Having three young guards in Jones, Su'a-Filo and Jackson is exactly what we need. I see two holes at guard once Saffold leaves. Smith or Shelly could resign but I think this would be and upgrade and a better long term play. As far as when players will come off the board only time will tell how far of this mock is, but anyone is free to say when they feel players will come off the board including Barry.

Lastly, since we let Wells go is Jones or Barnes playing center?

We already know Barnes can play center, Jones is said to be working hard on getting stronger so hard to answer that until we see him in camp. I would hope he can at least create a good completion for center and guard. At some point this team needs depth and youth on the O line.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Few things:

We have 10 mill in cap space. If we let go of Dahl and Wells we will have 18.5.. We need about 7 for the rookie pool leaving us with only around 11 million. That's not enough for Verner and Byrd.

- The first round is good. I'd do it the opposite way but it's still good. 2nd is too high for Borland IMO and no way Su'a Filo lasts till then. He'll be gone late 1st, but I love the idea.

- Love the rest of the picks though. Fales is my QB. Josey is worth a flier in the 7th. Jackson and Gaines are steals too.

THE DREAM TEAM

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Few things:

We have 10 mill in cap space. If we let go of Dahl and Wells we will have 18.5.. We need about 7 for the rookie pool leaving us with only around 11 million. That's not enough for Verner and Byrd.

- The first round is good. I'd do it the opposite way but it's still good. 2nd is too high for Borland IMO and no way Su'a Filo lasts till then. He'll be gone late 1st, but I love the idea.

- Love the rest of the picks though. Fales is my QB. Josey is worth a flier in the 7th. Jackson and Gaines are steals too.
    Yeah it would be tight but I also through in the idea to re do JL and C Long if we want to keep up with the Jones. Not a realistic mock but more of a wishful thinking type.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa
    no way Su'a Filo lasts till then. He'll be gone late 1st, but I love the idea.
    Not so sure. Every mock I've seen has him going somewhere in the range of the Rams 2nd round pick.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

To my point.

Seahawks re-signed DE Michael Bennett to a four-year, $34 million contract, including $16 million guaranteed.