Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Last Minute Mock Draft

So I haven't had a whole lot of time to do the in depth research, but I'm going to give it a shot anyways. Let me know what you guys think

1st round- Justin Blackmon: Simply put we are in dire need of a wide receiver for Sam. Justin is our guy.

2nd round 1st pick- Michael Brockers: Gap filling defensive talent with huge boom or bust potential. His lack of pass rushing skills will push some teams away even though they have a need. Fisher is the only guy to get the full potential out of Albert Haynesworth, so I think he can repeat here. I know that most mocks have him going around the mid teens, but I just see him falling out of the first.

2nd round 2nd pick- Cordy Gleen: With the release of Justin Bell we created a hole at guard that has yet to be filled. Enter Cordy Gleen the monster of a guard that we have all been looking for. Also has the ability to play outside at Tackle, which is very enticing considering our current questions at the position.

3rd round pick- Chris Polk: We finally get the running back that we have kept saying we need for the past few years. Could potentially be the feature back after Jackson is ready to retire.

4th round pick- Ronnell Lewis: Former DE that should feel at home being moved back to OLB. He's a nice big guy that will give us a physically presence on the defense. Great against the run, where we have been lacking. Gives us a nice tandem at LB for years to come

Rest of Picks: BPA

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Re: Last Minute Mock Draft

Too unrealistic. Brockers and Glenn wont be there in round 2. And Lewis wont be there in round 4.

THE DREAM TEAM

Dr. Defense is offline Registered User

Re: Last Minute Mock Draft

I understand why you might say that. But to me I just see it as plausible. First I think Cox is the first tackle off the board. I've seen Brockers going to the Eagle or Dallas. To me this won't happen. Dallas is in desperate need of secondary help, and the Eagles need linebackers. So that takes them out of the equation. The Jets need a pass rush which Brockers is not. Denver is a possibility. He's not versatile enough for New England.

As for Gleen he might be around for our first pick in the 2nd round, but it all depends on how the offensive linemen are drafted and if there is a slide or not. If Kalil were to slide down to lets say Buffalo which is a possibility, that could alter the drafting of offensive lineman. But I will admit that this is a real stretch pick