Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Last Mock Draft!! LETS GOO!!

1. Aldon Smith, DE, Missouri: An athletic freak. Great upside because he is only 20. He and Chris Long would be scary together.

2. Mason Foster, OLB, Washington: A tackling machine. Our front seven will be a serious strength. Our defense is only getting better after this draft.

3. Jordan Todman, RB, UCONN: He would be a great backup for SJAX. Can be tutored and can take the job over in a few years. Very skilled back and will luckily drop to us here.

4. Quinton Carter, S, Oklahoma: A solid player who would benefit greatly from the type of scheme we run. Getting rid of O.J Atogwe will make sense now.

5. Greg Little, WR, UNC: A raw receiver who has great measureables. With some good coaching this kid can seriously turn into something scary.

6. Will Hill, FS, Florida: Can be a great special teams player at worst. He has a good skill set and may be the biggest steal of the draft. The only reason he will be available here is because of maturity problems.

7. Jarriel King, OT/G, South Carolina: He will be our replacement for Adam Goldberg (hopefully). If not, we still have free agency ahead of ourselves.

Give some feedback!! LETS GO RAMS!!

13RamFiend is offline Registered User

Re: Last Mock Draft!! LETS GOO!!

i really like this draft, it would be nice to get a guard earlier tho, i feel our WR will stay healthy this year and be able to produce, glad to be part of this site btw

Great and welcome! New rams fans are always welcome!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

I would be amazingly shocked if Carter fell to the 4th round on us, the most I'd expect him to fall is at the 3rd. Though my main criticism is a lack of an adequate DT seeing that Fred Robbins is 400 years old but your FA pickups must be the trump card to that. (I hope)

In FA, we wouldn't have a load of options. But if Barry Cofield is available I think we should heavily pursuit him. Same as an OG, someone like Davin Joseph or Justin Blalock. I still would like to go after Sidney Rice too.

But hey, you can't solve all your problems in one offseason.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    I would be amazingly shocked if Carter fell to the 4th round on us, the most I'd expect him to fall is at the 3rd. Though my main criticism is a lack of an adequate DT seeing that Fred Robbins is 400 years old but your FA pickups must be the trump card to that. (I hope)
    James hall was also born in 77 so that would make him 400 too

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    James hall was also born in 77 so that would make him 400 too
    Yeah but we have Chris Long in one side.. and I wouldn't put my faith in the starting DT rotation with Gibson, Cudjo, or Ryan. I'm not bashing on these guys but their services are found to be more reliable in the depth chart.

Spicyterroraki is offline Registered User

Hey Rams fans! I'm getting Draft fever, can't wait! Checkin out what the division rivals are thinking. All I know is that if the Rams get Aldon Smith, Mason Foster (UW!), Quinton Carter (3rd Round STEAL in this case) AND a big receiver like Greg Little...well, the rest of us may be taking notice. That would be a monster draft for St. Louis.

C-Mob 71 is offline Registered User

Will Hill doesn't have any pillars, let alone Spag's 4. I get that he is an athlete, but his baggage just isn't gonna cut it on our team, even for a sixth round pick.

Other than that, good job. Mason Foster is definitely growing on me. We need OLB help badly.

Still holding out hope that Jones falls to us, but I have never been accused of being a realist.

Bar-bq is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Greg little won't last until round 5. I expect him to go in 2 or 3.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

I think that some of your choices are optimistic in terms of the round. Todman may not last until Round 3. Carter might not last until Round 4. Little will almost certainly not last to Round 5.

That said, if it played out the way you have it mapped out, it would be a nice draft.

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

I kind of doubt the Rams' final three rounds would resemble what you've projected, unless they plan on changing their mascot to the "Mean Machine." There are enough character issues there to start a (red) flag football team. *groans at his own bad joke*

Otherwise, your four rounds prior to that are solid, albeit a little optimistic in the fourth with Carter I think.

BarronWade is offline Registered User

If i may dissect this draft a bit

Aldon Smith good pick

Foster would be a great pick up for the Rams. However the Rams will not be the best place for Foster. I think foster best fit would be a place where he is to play zone coverage and play spy. I think he will be a better MLB with his play recognition skills. For spags he will be blitz more often then not. Good pick up for us as a SAM linebacker.

Not a fan of the Todman pick. The most action Steven Jackson's back up will get will be in the passing game. Todman is taken out of the game on pass situations often. However he would be good value in the 3rd. But i still would not get him because as a josh mcdaniel RB you need to have reliable hands.

Carter would be a good pick and excellent value. I like him more of a SS than a FS thou. He can play in the box well and i would blitz with him as well.

Little has some good potential. But good coaching? U think Josh Mcdaniels is a good mentor type offensive coach? Look what the guy did with Marshall and Cutler. I doubt he will put up with Little.

Again maturity problems. Will Hill is the exact opposite of a 4 pillar player. The only way i see spags drafting him is if he interviews verrrry verrry well. You do know this player is stupid right? He was a college athlete turning pro posting on twitter about his drug and sex life. Pretty dumb (dont say thats immature its just dumb)

I get the feeling you do not understand the four pillar system. King is a NO!

BarronWade is offline Registered User

Aldon Smith good pick

Foster would be a great pick up for the Rams. However the Rams will not be the best place for Foster. I think foster best fit would be a place where he is to play zone coverage and play spy. I think he will be a better MLB with his play recognition skills. For spags he will be blitz more often then not. Good pick up for us as a SAM linebacker.

Not a fan of the Todman pick. The most action Steven Jackson's back up will get will be in the passing game. Todman is taken out of the game on pass situations often. However he would be good value in the 3rd. But i still would not get him because as a josh mcdaniel RB you need to have reliable hands.

Carter would be a good pick and excellent value. I like him more of a SS than a FS thou. He can play in the box well and i would blitz with him as well.

Little has some good potential. But good coaching? U think Josh Mcdaniels is a good mentor type offensive coach? Look what the guy did with Marshall and Cutler. I doubt he will put up with Little.

Again maturity problems. Will Hill is the exact opposite of a 4 pillar player. The only way i see spags drafting him is if he interviews verrrry verrry well. You do know this player is stupid right? He was a college athlete turning pro posting on twitter about his drug and sex life. Pretty dumb (dont say thats immature its just dumb)

Quote Originally Posted by BarronWade View Post

Aldon Smith good pick

Had I known about King's issues I certainly would have not thrown him on there. I am actually not very familiar with him so I threw him on thinking its just a 7th rounder.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast