Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    GreatestShowOnTurf99 is offline Registered User

Re: Latest Draft-Week Rumor: Rams targeting WR Hakeem Nicks?

As much as I'd love us to get Nicks, I don't really see it happening...

Figure it like this...Nicks is widely perceived as the 5th or 6th best WR in the draft, behind Crabtree, Maclin, Harvin, Heyward-Bey, and (sometimes) Britt.

There's multiple teams who need a WR and will draft them in round 1...
    Teams like : Detroit, Cleveland, Oakland, Jacksonville, Tampa Bay, Philadelphia, Minnesota, Baltimore, New York, and Tennessee may pick WR with their first pick.

So, in other words, Nicks has to get by around 10 teams, and then get by Detroit and New England in the top of round 2 to fall all the way to us. I don't see that happening if he's considered the 5th best receiver in the draft. So if we want to get him, we might have to trade up

thoey is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You know whats scary about all this? is the amount of needs on this team. I've said it before, the Rams could take every position in the top 3 but these: FB, RB, LS, K, P. I've adjusted it to include FB (as if it would be drafted early anyway, as a K or P too). However, the point isn't what I think is not a need. The point is that the Rams need alot and at this point I don't care who they chose. I don't. 2009 is a pipe dream to be successful anyway so Devaney, I'll trust your judgement. Get whoever you think is help this team later. WR, QB, LB, OT, etc etc etc. I don't care.
    Must be something in the Texas Tea, as I have been saying pretty much the same thing TX. We have too many holes to fix in one off season. BPA of need. Hopefully we will do that, improve a little this year due to the changes in personnel and management, and then be in a position where next years draft can be more focused on need.

That said, I'd still like to get Curry in the first.

This space for rent...

eric2810 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    what about if Ziggy Hood was still there?
    IMO, I would still take Nicks. Nicks seems to me as a player who can produce early than a prospect like Hood would. A DT in the later rounds could be found that can rotate in, If that's the role Hood would play here. So If that's case, I'd prefer the Rams take Nicks. Ziggy might be the hometown guy, but Nicks paired with Donnie and Burton looks promising for years to come.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Would've been nice to get a couple of 4th rounders for Pace and Holt. That would've changed a lot of things.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    You know whats scary about all this? is the amount of needs on this team. I've said it before, the Rams could take every position in the top 3 but these: FB, RB, LS, K, P. I've adjusted it to include FB (as if it would be drafted early anyway, as a K or P too). However, the point isn't what I think is not a need. The point is that the Rams need alot and at this point I don't care who they chose. I don't. 2009 is a pipe dream to be successful anyway so Devaney, I'll trust your judgement. Get whoever you think is help this team later. WR, QB, LB, OT, etc etc etc. I don't care.
    BREAKING NEWS: This just in........tx doesn't care!

Okay, seriously, I agree with tx. Just go BPA. This roster is so devoid of talent, whoever the BPA is will make this team better.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

I think with everything surrounding Harvin if the Vikings don't take him in round 1 - he could slip very , very far...

Colts seem to be taking Britt

and Nicks may not last either with Titans and NY Giants seeming to want to scoop him up too.

With Harvin and Wells falling down the list 2nd round becomes even tougher for the Rams.

I really don't know if I want Harvin or Robisikee over defensive talent here.

schut39 is offline Registered User

I would love to grab Nicks in the 2nd round. He looks to be a solid receiver and I think he could help out Avery at the starting position. I think it would be awesome if our receivers looking like this: Avery, Nicks, Burton, Robinson, and Stanley.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12